Taylor Graham won't be joining us for the rest of his life..

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
thatmakakiloguy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Taylor Graham won't be joining us for the rest of his life..

Post by thatmakakiloguy »

im glad i was around for the TG era...

BigWave96744

Re: Taylor Graham won't be joining us for the rest of his li

Post by BigWave96744 »

thatmakakiloguy wrote:im glad i was around for the TG era...
I'm at the stadium and TG just walked by on crutches and a boot on his right foot, what his injury?

thatmakakiloguy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by thatmakakiloguy »

BigWave96744 wrote:
thatmakakiloguy wrote:im glad i was around for the TG era...
I'm at the stadium and TG just walked by on crutches and a boot on his right foot, what his injury?
broke foot

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

God wants Ikaika to finish. That's why he took out Higgins and graham.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Feel bad for him, but at least he got Woosley to see he could lose his job.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

He is the definition of injury prone.
Well, he started this so I guess he gets credit for that. Was really hoping he was our man but hey, it just wasn't meant to be.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Neighbor wrote:He is the definition of injury prone.
Well, he started this so I guess he gets credit for that. Was really hoping he was our man but hey, it just wasn't meant to be.
Four season-ending injuries in his last ten games. Yep. Injury-prone.
I am the one who knocks.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

808Hawaii wrote:
Huh, how you figure? If you count high-school, then that's one. Last year he got hurt, but he lost the job because Schroeder was balling out. Graham has only played 4-6 games in college and only this latest injury is season ending.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

EITSwarrior wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:
Huh, how you figure? If you count high-school, then that's one. Last year he got hurt, but he lost the job because Schroeder was balling out. Graham has only played 4-6 games in college and only this latest injury is season ending.
Graham ended his Junior High School season with an injury as well. In his senior year, he played five games before another season ending injury. Last year, three games then injured. This year, one half and pau. Ten games, four season ending injuries. Injury prone.

What injury was Graham recovering from during spring football?
I am the one who knocks.

CoconutKid
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by CoconutKid »

808Hawaii wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote: Huh, how you figure? If you count high-school, then that's one. Last year he got hurt, but he lost the job because Schroeder was balling out. Graham has only played 4-6 games in college and only this latest injury is season ending.
Graham ended his Junior High School season with an injury as well. In his senior year, he played five games before another season ending injury. Last year, three games then injured. This year, one half and pau. Ten games, four season ending injuries. Injury prone.

What injury was Graham recovering from during spring football?[/quote

Shoulder surgery.
5 games as HS Jr. - Ankle injury
5 games as HS Sr. - Knee injury
Started 5 games for the Warriors.

So in 7 years since his HS Junior season, he started 15 games and a very limited role in a handful of others.

I remember being really excited that he chose UH. You see the flashes of natural talent at QB. But he's thrown only about 120 passes his entire collegiate career. That's LESS than half a season's worth. No one will develop fully with so few snaps.

I wish him the best. As Stephen Tsai mentioned, he's a true team player.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Yeah TG didn't have a season-ending injury last year. He just got hurt then benched and I guess he just "played" through his shoulder problems then had surgery in the off-season.

Gotta suck for him. His dad was a NFL QB and he had potential but just couldn't stay injury-free to even have a chance. But still appreciate him for choosing us and as Colt said about his injury football doesn't define who he is and it's all about getting back up when you're knocked down.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

CoconutKid wrote: Shoulder surgery.

So in 7 years since his HS Junior season, he started 15 games and a very limited role in a handful of others.

I remember being really excited that he chose UH. You see the flashes of natural talent at QB. But he's thrown only about 120 passes his entire collegiate career. That's LESS than half a season's worth. No one will develop fully with so few snaps.

So he had five major injuries in his last 12 games. He was really injury prone. Too bad for him. I believe it's not just coincidence that someone is flukishly prone to injury. There's an explainable reason why one player is more prone to injury than others. In a QB's case, it could be he holds on to the ball too long, doesn't see the field well, doesn't know how to slide properly, runs too upright or something other QBs don't do. I don't know which one it is for Taylor but somehow, it's explainable. It is not just a coincidence Taylor had so many leg/foot injuries. Taylor took too many big hits, especially down low.
I am the one who knocks.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

808Hawaii wrote:
CoconutKid wrote: Shoulder surgery.

So he had five major injuries in his last 12 games. He was really injury prone. Too bad for him. I believe it's not just coincidence that someone is flukishly prone to injury. There's an explainable reason why one player is more prone to injury than others. In a QB's case, it could be he holds on to the ball too long, doesn't see the field well, doesn't know how to slide properly, runs too upright or something other QBs don't do. I don't know which one it is for Taylor but somehow, it's explainable. It is not just a coincidence Taylor had so many leg/foot injuries. Taylor took too many big hits, especially down low.
Well that's a problem with tall QBs, the defenders are told they can't hit near the head/shoulders so they have to go low. That leads to leg injures unfortunately

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

EITSwarrior wrote: Well that's a problem with tall QBs, the defenders are told they can't hit near the head/shoulders so they have to go low. That leads to leg injures unfortunately
Yes, I've noticed that happening in college and NFL. I'm glad to see the NFL taking CTE seriously but they also have rules regarding going low on a QB. Can't go too high or too low. Hard, yeah?
I am the one who knocks.