Lane Kiffin for Hawaii HC?

Post by Dos Inus »

No. Just, NO.

ttmf
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Rich Miano

Post by ttmf »

Rich Miano hasn't done anything in the mainland because he doesn't want to. He has always said he bleeds Hawaii and wants to give back to Hawaii football ........or something to that
IT'S JUST A GAME!

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Lane Kiffin for Hawaii HC?

Post by xer 21 »

ok.....
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

NEW HEAD COACH

Post by amela »

What do you think if we just changed the head coach and keep the current assistants? I think they're doing a good job especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

No just no. Rich will get the program into trouble just like how he did at Kaiser. And tbh, i wouldn't want rolo, the lee brothers, or any of the other previous assistant coaches. They need to start completely fresh. Maybe get Jeff Ulbrich whose the DC at UCLA?

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Egonator wrote:No just no. Rich will get the program into trouble just like how he did at Kaiser. And tbh, i wouldn't want rolo, the lee brothers, or any of the other previous assistant coaches. They need to start completely fresh. Maybe get Jeff Ulbrich whose the DC at UCLA?
Hawaii did exactly this when they fired mcmackin and look where that got us!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I wanna clarify something. I don't think Miano is the right person now to turn around the program Hawaii is now. I think he was a great candidate to maintain and possibly further Hawaii after McMackin left. But unfortunately for him, I think the time has passed. It was a missed opportunity by the hiring committee, but as always they failed to see the good that could come with his hiring. And they failed to see the negative in hiring Chow.

Dos Inus
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Dos Inus »

Egonator wrote:No just no. Rich will get the program into trouble just like how he did at Kaiser. And tbh, i wouldn't want rolo, the lee brothers, or any of the other previous assistant coaches. They need to start completely fresh. Maybe get Jeff Ulbrich whose the DC at UCLA?

What did Miano do wrong at Kaiser?

Not sure if Ulbrich is a good choice.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

cousin wrote:I agree with you, Cabanalane. He thought (so did lots of others) that he had the inside track for HC. Not getting it and not having an AC position left him devastated and high and dry. Great success at Kaiser, but complaints of unfair recruiting techniques. He put on a carnival under shaky circumstances, it seemed, and was gone from Kaiser right after that. I don't know if there was a problem at Kaiser or not.

I think Miano has great experience and knowledge of the game, and, in those respects is, IMHO, highly qualified to be given a chance as HC somewhere, including UH.

To me, however, there is something in his personality, as pointed out by Cabanalane, that seems a little edgy. He has a right to feel he was treated unfairly, but a "real" HC wouldn't let the bitterness show in his words or actions. Dick Tomey never showed a negative attitude.

Rich is not my first choice but I like his dedication to UH. He probably has a better network of coaches willing to come here and coach under him.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

EITSwarrior wrote:
Neighbor wrote:The only thing I wouldn't like about him being head coach is that our plays might tend to play more dirty. Sure it might be a boost to make our players better, but I wouldn't like it. When he was Kaiser HC, there was a lot of dirty play by his players. During the Mack years, we had somewhat of a rep of being "dirty Hawaiians" because we would often do late hits mainly by the secondary which is what he most likely specialized in. Does Keenan Jones ring a bell?
I don't recall UH ever having more late hit calls than any other college football team.
The thing I remember about Miano in the NFL was he was the first one off the pile most of the time. Meaning, he was the last one piling on.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

madeinhawaii wrote:I didn't support Miano as head coach after Coach Mack because he simply didn't have any mainland coaching experience and has never wanted to get it, or so it seems. BUT, I would support him as a choice for "interim" head coach if need be. Then we could see how well he pulls together a coaching staff and program without a long term, binding contract.
I don't think Ben Jay will fire Chow in midseason because he would then have to give two people Head Coach pay - Chow and his replacement. If Chow is to be fired, it will be after the season is over.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: NEW HEAD COACH

Post by 808Hawaii »

amela wrote:What do you think if we just changed the head coach and keep the current assistants? I think they're doing a good job especially on the defensive side of the ball.
We need an OC and some new position coaches - WR and QB, definitely.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Jeff Ulbrich probably makes more as a LB coach at UCLA than we can pay coordinators.
I am the one who knocks.

Dos Inus
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Dos Inus »

RedZone wrote:Rather have a coach with some head coaching experience. Also want a coach who has coached in more than one successful program who has a lot of ties nationally. We got to be able to recruit across the country to be successful.
From USA Today, a list of the most highly regarded potential HC's:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /14679529/

Dos Inus
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: NEW HEAD COACH

Post by Dos Inus »

Of these I suggest Scott Frost, the Oregon OC. He will bring the innovative offense we want, comes from a winning program, and he is sitting behind the current HC Helfrich who will likely stay there for some time.