Do We Deserve A Winning Team?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Do We Deserve A Winning Team?

Post by My3Cats »

808Hawaii wrote:The WAC doesn't have football anymore.
Damn!

Then we get chance fo' win the conference! :hello1:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Dos Inus
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Dos Inus »

My3Cats wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:The WAC doesn't have football anymore.
Damn!

Then we get chance fo' win the conference! :hello1:

LOL

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

The players, school, fans, admin should want a winning team. I doubt the dedication of all parties @ UH.

My uncles (Solomon and John Naumu) played at SC in the 1960's and they have stories of how they were treated like rock stars. Writers called my uncle John the "Gift" from the Islands. Remember that the 60's were a rough time on the mainland, especially for tan people and my uncles we dark - almost pure Hawaiians. People went out of their way for them ; admins/boosters, etc

I have been to SC games in the last few years when UH played them. The involvement and passion is obvious and tangible. People attend games, donate, admins properly fund the program, the school promotes the FB team and related activities. UH is not SC, but can we say the same dedication is true @ UH?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Palolo_2LA wrote:The players, school, fans, admin should want a winning team. I doubt the dedication of all parties @ UH.

My uncles (Solomon and John Naumu) played at SC in the 1960's and they have stories of how they were treated like rock stars. Writers called my uncle John the "Gift" from the Islands. Remember that the 60's were a rough time on the mainland, especially for tan people and my uncles we dark - almost pure Hawaiians. People went out of their way for them ; admins/boosters, etc

I have been to SC games in the last few years when UH played them. The involvement and passion is obvious and tangible. People attend games, donate, admins properly fund the program, the school promotes the FB team and related activities. UH is not SC, but can we say the same dedication is true @ UH?
I get what you're saying, I do. But something that needs to be pointed out as far as financial support for the team is that USC is a private school. UH is a public school.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:The players, school, fans, admin should want a winning team. I doubt the dedication of all parties @ UH.

UH will never be able to afford a consistently winning program. To have a winning program, we'll need to have a good coach. We have first-time head coach Norm Chow. His base salary is about half a million dollars. Good coaches are paid millions a year at winning programs. Texas wants a winning program. They offerred Nick Saban over $100M to come coach, $15M signing bonus!
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014 ... 100_m.html

How we supposed to compete with that? Impossible.

To top it off, our facilities are no where close to the serious schools. State of the art facilities cost money, something UH does not have. We will never be able to get our share of blue chip recruits.

It's not so much UH doesn't want a winning program. Everyone wants a winning program. It's just that UH can't afford one. That's the hard facts of life.
I am the one who knocks.