NORM CHOW: RETIRE NOW

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: NORM CHOW: RETIRE NOW

Post by cabanalane »

I'm sure you guys read that the Basketball coach was fired. He will be paid out.

Norm Chow is not going anywhere. UH can not "afford" to pay out both coaches. Not financially, or publically on the athletics dept. How sad is the UH Athletics program...

If everything rises to the top, the AD needs to go (first).

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

cabanalane wrote:I'm sure you guys read that the Basketball coach was fired. He will be paid out.

Norm Chow is not going anywhere. UH can not "afford" to pay out both coaches. Not financially, or publically on the athletics dept. How sad is the UH Athletics program...

Ben Jay: $293K
Gib Arnold: $344K
Chow: $550K + $200K

UH needs about $1.4M to buy out these guys. Money well spent.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:
cabanalane wrote:I'm sure you guys read that the Basketball coach was fired. He will be paid out.

In a perfect world, NC would retire and forgo his remaining $$$...but given his character and no quit attitude, I doubt that's going to happen...they'll have to can him and there's no kala per BJ.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:

In a perfect world, NC would retire and forgo his remaining $$$...but given his character and no quit attitude, I doubt that's going to happen...they'll have to can him and there's no kala per BJ.
There's hope, because that's exactly what he said before he canned Gib.
I am the one who knocks.

FatJeff
High-quality H20 provider

Post by FatJeff »

With rumors about BJ leaving soon, combined with all the basketball team drama. Looks like Norm will finish the season. <sigh>

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

FatJeff wrote:With rumors about BJ leaving soon, combined with all the basketball team drama. Looks like Norm will finish the season. <sigh>
I have no doubt Chow will finish the season. If we replaced him mid-season, we'd have to pay someone else head coach money. I think that's how HGEA works.
I am the one who knocks.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

FatJeff wrote:With rumors about BJ leaving soon, combined with all the basketball team drama. Looks like Norm will finish the season. <sigh>
Is this just internet rumors floating around, like right now by us, or was this reported somewhere that the AD is leaving soon?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote:
Is this just internet rumors floating around, like right now by us, or was this reported somewhere that the AD is leaving soon?
We can only hope. That's all we have left.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Walking across the bridge to Aloha Stadium for game number one versus Washington, I told my bro "enjoy this moment ... because we have hope. This maybe the last of it for awhile." Sure enough ...

But, I have hope. I can't see this NOT being Chow's last season. Hopefully the hiring committee will make the right choice on a new coach ;)
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

FatJeff

Post by FatJeff »

cabanalane wrote:
Not reported but word from someone on campus. Says BJ is looking at the AD job at UCSB, or the #2 post at the West Coast Conference.

It's a rumor, YMMV.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Grinch wrote:Walking across the bridge to Aloha Stadium for game number one versus Washington, I told my bro "enjoy this moment ... because we have hope. This maybe the last of it for awhile." Sure enough ...

But, I have hope. I can't see this NOT being Chow's last season. Hopefully the hiring committee will make the right choice on a new coach ;)

At least you had hope. I lost that feeling midway through the 2012 season.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

FatJeff wrote:
cabanalane wrote:
Not reported but word from someone on campus. Says BJ is looking at the AD job at UCSB, or the #2 post at the West Coast Conference.

It's a rumor, YMMV.
BJ should be fired. If he had his way, Gib would have had a $21,000 raise and a three year buyout instead of only one.
I am the one who knocks.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

We will see if they can afford to keep him.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

reignjah11 wrote:How much longer can the hawaii bowl last without hawaii in it?

They won't have to worry about that when they get rid of the football team. After that there will be no bowl game.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Dos Inus wrote:Seriously-- if Chow retires or is fired, who could we possibly get to coach this team? Remember now, our athletic department is broke. Top shelf coaches are expensive, and up- and-coming coaches, while a bit cheaper, do not stay put for long.

Who? There is no one local who can recruit well outside the state.
I would do it for free and still lose the same amount of games. UH would save money that way.