Chow: recruiting & development

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Chow: recruiting & development

Post by Grinch »

I recently heard there's only 2 former Warriors in the NFL: Satele and Salas.
June Jones' recruiting led to more, like Ulbrich, Pisa, Owens, Laboy, etc.
Third year for Chow, so is he getting better recruits??
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Chow: recruiting & development

Post by WA Warrior »

Ulbrich, if I recall wasn't Jones'. It was the Coach that was possibly better than Chow and that came before Jones.

That coach who is possibly better than Chow had recruited two NFLers after they were done playing for Jones.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Let me see JJ had ten years. This is Chow's 3rd year but he has only completed 2. All of the the graduates his first year were not his recruits. 95+% of his recruits have not graduated. The only ones that have were JC guys or transfers.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Duke - I get your point. Maybe I'm misunderstanding but seems like you add sarcasm? If not intended - my bad. If so, I (like Satele) was a bit shocked to hear there's currently only 2 former Warriors in the NFL. I guess it's a wait and see how Chow's recruits do over the next 10 years. Hahaha

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

You can not compare two years completed with 9 or 10 years completed. It is one sided. Chow may not be here after 4 years.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

We've gotta start winning a few games for any of these guys to get noticed.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

SundayJam wrote:We've gotta start winning a few games for any of these guys to get noticed.
BOOM!

Amazing! Winning leads to so much more! Get to winning Chow von Appen!

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I would be surprised if Chow's recruit Kennedy Tulimaseali doesn't make it on NFL roster in a few years from now. This young man can play and their are some others on defense that should make it on a NFL roster. Right now I not buying anybody offense (including Iosefa) will make it on a NFL roster, but you never know?

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Yeah, again I read the story on Satele and his comments about so few of ours currently in the NFL. I know we can't compare JJ and Chow, yet. It did make me remember the quality athletes UH had (didn't mention Sopoanga, McBriar, Forney, Klemm, Grice-Mullen, Colt, Nate Jackson, Chad Owens, Aaron Brown etc.) I think Chow is getting his share.

Side note: I don't recall receivers like Salas, Pilares, Bess, Rivers getting/needing separation yet all excelled. Was it because of the run-n-shoot ? Just wondering :)

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Grinch wrote:Yeah, again I read the story on Satele and his comments about so few of ours currently in the NFL. I know we can't compare JJ and Chow, yet. It did make me remember the quality athletes UH had (didn't mention Sopoanga, McBriar, Forney, Klemm, Grice-Mullen, Colt, Nate Jackson, Chad Owens, Aaron Brown etc.) I think Chow is getting his share.

Side note: I don't recall receivers like Salas, Pilares, Bess, Rivers getting/needing separation yet all excelled. Was it because of the run-n-shoot ? Just wondering :)
Most of them could do it at the next level and Salas is still doing it so no I don't think it is just the R&S. The R&S is dead at SMU and its skipper has abandoned ship. Teams have found a way to defend it. And you got to have the trigger man.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: