Reilly
5%
Prater
8%

Total votes: 38

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Who do you think should start at QB?

Post by SM96753 »

None of the above.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I predict....Woolsey will be the quarterback vs Rice.
If your O-line is gonna give up sacks, wouldn't you want a quarterback that can scramble?
Can Graham scramble...or did I miss something?
Also, who threw the sole interception for Hawaii?

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

SundayJam wrote: If your O-line is gonna give up sacks, wouldn't you want a quarterback that can scramble?
sure, but since woolsey has zero pocket awareness, his scrambling ability doesnt matter and he's taking the sack anyways.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

cousin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by cousin »

Woolsey's had the chances to show what he can do with the offense, and he's come up very short.

I don't know if a qb change will make any positive difference, but Graham is one of the top three (now two) qbs and should be given a sustained opportunity to show if he can do better than Woolsey.

Sticking with Woolsey is just more of the same thing. There are some solid parts of the Warrior team, and we hope that good qb performances will give us some things to be positive about...like a string of wins! I don't have much hope, based on his performances so far, that Woolsey is the qb to do it. I don't disagree with the criticisms of Graham, but at least he hasn't dampened my hopes yet.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: Next QB please!!!

Post by Makana »

akuhead2 wrote:Prater

I had Prater at the top of my list 3 months ago.
1. Prater 2. TG 3. Reilly or Higgins, until now, now that I have seen Higgins, 3. Reilly
Prater: mature, great arm, will to win
Interesting.

I'm just curious (I'm not being a smart a$$ in any way) but what makes Prater your #1 choice to start?? I haven't had the pleasure of watching him yet, no Youtube videos either. Is he a Pocket, Scrambler or Balanced QB??
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

season ticket holder
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by season ticket holder »

It's time for a QB change. Maybe give Woosley the first quarter to show something, and if it's more of the same then on to the next one.

The fact that our QB coach/offensive coordinator has virtually no experience is an issue in itself.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Next QB please!!!

Post by xer 21 »

Makana wrote:
akuhead2 wrote:Prater

I had Prater at the top of my list 3 months ago.
1. Prater 2. TG 3. Reilly or Higgins, until now, now that I have seen Higgins, 3. Reilly
Prater: mature, great arm, will to win
Interesting.

I'm just curious (I'm not being a smart a$$ in any way) but what makes Prater your #1 choice to start?? I haven't had the pleasure of watching him yet, no Youtube videos either. Is he a Pocket, Scrambler or Balanced QB??
from what i've seen in practice, he's a pocket passer.

as far as great arm, they dont often go vertical in practice, unless im just unlucky when im there, and he isnt throwing huge fast balls on the sidelines. but it looks stronger than Higgins by far.

and im guessing he just wants the future in. woolsey is NOT the future, and graham is graduating.

targets.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

xer 21 wrote: my point is that who ever is back there is going to take bad sacks, so i think Graham is more accurate.
Yes, you are right. Graham is more accurate --- To the defense.

He throws picks. Constantly.

But I'm certainly open to any and all possibilities. That is about all we have at this point.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

bigislandkurt wrote:
xer 21 wrote: my point is that who ever is back there is going to take bad sacks, so i think Graham is more accurate.

But I'm certainly open to any and all possibilities. That is about all we have at this point.
CONSTANTLY??? That is ridiculous and overblown. He only threw multiple picks against USC. Which I remind you was his first college game, it was against USC and he had no running game to help him with Iosefa and Lakalaka out.

Against Oregon St and Nevada, he threw no picks. Did he play well? No, but neither did anyone else. Plus Chow was probably still calling plays early in the season. Graham didn't get to play with Jordan Wynn calling plays.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

bigislandkurt wrote:

woolsey's passes are so far off that no one but the coaches can catch them.

targets.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

Remember when we complained about Sean Schroeder in 2012, and then turned out to be a pretty good QB in 2013? Not saying anything about any of our current QBs, but I sure do miss Mr. Schroeder.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ran into Prater and Wittek at the Northern Iowa Game :D

MadCat88
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by MadCat88 »

Nisei wrote:Remember when we complained about Sean Schroeder in 2012, and then turned out to be a pretty good QB in 2013? Not saying anything about any of our current QBs, but I sure do miss Mr. Schroeder.
I was thinking the same thing... sometimes a QB just needs a lot of reps taking the ball in practice, and real game time snaps to get in sync and his head in the moment. Worked for Sean last year... and should work even more so for Taylor for the remainder of this year. Only criticism I have for Taylor is that he isn't the most mobile QB around... watching him scrabble last year at Nevada was almost kinda funny, since he would telegraph his intent to start running with the ball out of the pocket WAY BEFORE his feet actually starting moving; then he got hurt and I felt bad for him. I'm no expert... but from watching Woolsey ~ my impression is that he's just not "quite done" yet in his development, although he has all the physical qualities we'd want in a QB. This is Taylor's chance to go out with a bang... I hope he takes GOOD advantage of it and does well in practice to impress on the coaches that he's ready to take the starting job.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Eric Prater. Army Ranger special operations tough with ability to work under pressure. Accurate, athletic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrNOrLr2vw

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

Nice photo BigWave; is that Wittek on the right? can you tell us who the other players are?
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.