Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

xer 21 wrote:
wailukuwarriorfan wrote:
You got reading comprehension problems?
do you?

what does this say?

39 of 86 passing.

just stop it.

our QB's may suck, but he isnt any kind of solution. you keep making excuses. first, its because i havent seen him play. then i bring up his highlight tape, and oh wait, all the crappy throws are because of a rib injury. then you say he must be a good QB because chow didnt think he's a QB. by that terrible logic, lets make Luke Shawley a QB. Chow never even gave him a shot!
You make a lot of assumptions, don't you? You should be the one to stop your incessant, childish behavior of criticizing student athletes. And making assumptions about others without really knowing just makes you look silly.
Last edited by wailukuwarriorfan on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Re: QB controversy

bigislandkurt wrote:What you guys think about QB by committee? Ikaika for some plays. Taylor for others. Maybe even some spread option with a few athletes in there too?

Why not? :D
It may be the best chance for Hawaii to win games this season, BIK.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Chow has worked with QBs his entire career and has seen tons of tapes, no doubt including Ewaliko's. If he thought Ewaliko could QB at this level, I'm sure that was considered.
ImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

bigislandkurt wrote:What you guys think about QB by committee? Ikaika for some plays. Taylor for others. Maybe even some spread option with a few athletes in there too?

When the opponents gets some tape of us, which they all do, they'll know what type of plays each QB can run. So wouldn't that put the D at somewhat of an advantage?

I would like to see Taylor get some reps, especially with this being a bye week. Also they should give some reps in practice to see if he has enough understanding of the offense to see if he may be productive. I have a feeling he is still miles behind though.
ImageImage

Optimus
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Optimus »

xer21, I realize you are a frustrated fan. Based on your post count I assume you to be a long time and passionate fan. But you need to tone it down on the personal rants toward the players.
I know of many players or their parents, relatives or close friends who visit here daily. Many lurk, but they follow this blog closely. Trust me, you don't want to get on any of their black list. Just some friendly advice. Carry on..

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Irse wrote:Chow has worked with QBs his entire career and has seen tons of tapes, no doubt including Ewaliko's. If he thought Ewaliko could QB at this level, I'm sure that was considered.
Coach Chow has committed to a spread offense. What happens if Woolsey gets injured during the season? Does Graham go in and run the spread offense or do we change our offensive schemes?

Who on the team is capable of winning games at Quarterback in a spread offense if Ikaika struggles in upcoming games?

We need the team's play makers on the field, helping to win games.

Irse

Post by Irse »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:
Irse wrote:Chow has worked with QBs his entire career and has seen tons of tapes, no doubt including Ewaliko's. If he thought Ewaliko could QB at this level, I'm sure that was considered.
Coach Chow has committed to a spread offense. What happens if Woolsey gets injured during the season? Does Graham go in and run the spread offense or do we change our offensive schemes?

Who on the team is capable of winning games at Quarterback in a spread offense if Ikaika struggles in upcoming games?

We need the team's play makers on the field, helping to win games.
You're right. We need play makers in the position best for their abilities. Play makers playing the wrong positions will not make plays.
ImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

Optimus wrote:xer21, I realize you are a frustrated fan. Based on your post count I assume you to be a long time and passionate fan. But you need to tone it down on the personal rants toward the players.
I know of many players or their parents, relatives or close friends who visit here daily. Many lurk, but they follow this blog closely. Trust me, you don't want to get on any of their black list. Just some friendly advice. Carry on..
no offense, but im not on here to suck up to player's s families, and since he's no longer a qb, it doesn't matter.

I really dont care if my largely anonymous account here gets "blacklisted" by bunch of player's relatives that i have a very small chance of ever meeting ort their ever caring. and quite honestly, if they're going to get worked up over forum posts, i dont want to ever deal with people as immature as that.

And if you paid attention, it wasnt a "rant towards a player", it was me sayimg that i think its ridiculous how people keep hyping up a guy like hes michael vick when he wasnt even good enough to stay at his position. Hos speed is just obviously a better attribute than his throwing. This like a carbon copy of a few years ago when people clamored for joey to play qb. It was dumb then and its dumb now.

You can hate me for ot and they can hate me for it, but im here to be honest and give my opinions, not worry about stepping on the toes of people i can honestly say i have no reason to care about. Just being real here, but if we really had to worry about players parents hating us for what we post, 90% of this board would be "blacklisted" after the numerous on going lamentations of our recievers and defense and qb play pver the past three years.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Wailuku, do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Look I'm stating facts based on stats. I'm not going by heart and gut feeling like you. Which I respect, but don't go antagonizing other posters if they disagree with your opinion. Now back to Ewaliko. He's a project QB at the college level in this offense. In another offense he maybe could excel, but not in Chow's. Until then, best use his skills in other areas. That's all we're saying dude. Relax.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

RedZone wrote:I think Ikaika is the best qb we got right now. I just don't think that coach has gotten him ready to play. Look at the performances of our quarterbacks. I am not impressed. We really need an experienced qb coach. How can we not have one? We are a D1 program. Our weakness on this team is our passing game. When our oline struggled coach upgraded to coach Chris. When our d struggled he made changes. When asked what he thinks may be the problem he says,"I wish I knew."

Qbs not ready to play = qb coach.
Wrs not ready to play = wr coach.

Get us some coaches that can get the job done.

Bingo! While recruiting has picked up since Chow took over as Hawaii HC, the QB and WR play has dropped off the face of the earth. The ways things look right now Chow and his very young QB/WR coaches already have one foot/Okole cheek out the door. Clune, Daronte, Kurt, Naole, Demarest and some of the others are keepers. But if the inept offense along with the QB and WR lack luster performance adds more to the loss column. Then I dont anyway Chow is back next season, the fans and alumi cannot put up with another losing season.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

That is never successful, QB's need time to get into a rhythm and gel with his offense. The offense would have to adjust each time a different QB would come in, each QB has different strengths play calling would also keep changing. I'd rather see Chow just stick with one QB for a few games then if things aren't working...next man up.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum