Bring Back Vili

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Bring Back Vili

Post by WarriorTyme »

Vili was a paid mascot for UH for a longtime and all his boys snubbed UH and Hawaii to play else where. If the UH mascot can't get any of his boys to represent UH football then why keep him? UH can find another performer to play a "Rainbow" Warrior (Thanks Ben Jay), plus Vili was part of the past when it was the Hawaii Warriors. Now its Rainbow Warriors, time to find a new mascot.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

poidog wrote:
uhwarriors wrote:Vili got paid for his performances. With the budget so tight, where's the money going to come from? BTW, I neither in favor of not in favor of bringing him back. I'm just making sure everyone knows he was getting paid.
Raise the game-day parking fee to $10 and use the extra $5 for "Game Day Experience Enhancement" and have the stadium pay him for his services (and pay for other things with the extra $10k a game. $5 for parking is too cheap, anyway.
The stadium would mismanage the money and won't spend it on it's intended use.
ImageImage

ABUNAI
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by ABUNAI »

BigWave96744 wrote:
ABUNAI wrote:Not to sound mean.... But no.... If his kids went to UH maybe.
Where parents send their children should not affect hiring or association to UH.
Dave Shoji's 2 boys chose not to play for Hawaii (Stanford)..

Also these former players still are welcomed at Manoa despite their son going elsewhere: Jesse Sapolu's son Roman (Oregon St), Leo Goeas son Colton (Kansas), Kyle Kafentsis son Austin (Wisconsin)

Should we eliminate Brian Norwood from any future coaching jobs since none of his 5 kids attended UH: Jordan (Penn St), Gabriel (George Mason bball), Levi (Baylor), Brianna (George Mason Masonette Dance Team), and Zaccariah (George Washington University)

:D :D :D

Did any of them talk bad about UH like he and his wife did?? Don't think so..... That's why.... You do remember that right? Why have someone talk bad about UH and pay him or her to do something?? If you talk bad about UH why have him to be your mascot?? If you owned your own company and a couple of your workers talks bad about you and your company to your customers. Would you keep them in your company or get rid of them??
"LIVE AND DIE BY THE SWORD"

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

ABUNAI wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:
ABUNAI wrote:Not to sound mean.... But no.... If his kids went to UH maybe.
Where parents send their children should not affect hiring or association to UH.
Dave Shoji's 2 boys chose not to play for Hawaii (Stanford)..

Also these former players still are welcomed at Manoa despite their son going elsewhere: Jesse Sapolu's son Roman (Oregon St), Leo Goeas son Colton (Kansas), Kyle Kafentsis son Austin (Wisconsin)

Should we eliminate Brian Norwood from any future coaching jobs since none of his 5 kids attended UH: Jordan (Penn St), Gabriel (George Mason bball), Levi (Baylor), Brianna (George Mason Masonette Dance Team), and Zaccariah (George Washington University)

:D :D :D

Did any of them talk bad about UH like he and his wife did?? Don't think so..... That's why.... You do remember that right? Why have someone talk bad about UH and pay him or her to do something?? If you talk bad about UH why have him to be your mascot?? If you owned your own company and a couple of your workers talks bad about you and your company to your customers. Would you keep them in your company or get rid of them??
Vili's beef is with current coach so I don't think he'll take the job as long as Chow is here. Now if June came back it would be another story.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

The Fehoko's first choice, it seems, has always seemed to be the mainland...
Being the mascot was just a job.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GOVSFOOTBALL4LIFE/

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Mahalo Abunai.. Capice :)

ABUNAI
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by ABUNAI »

REDZONE.....

Doesn't matter if they were talking about just the coaches. By the coaches being part of the University of Hawaii they are talking bad about UH. Example is when players get arrested during the off season or during the season some people blame the head coach rather then the players who do the wrong right?? Even though the coaches is not with the players 24/7 some how the coaches get questioned and blame for what the players do right? People blame coaches like they are with them 24/7 like a babysitter. Coaches can only do so much. Even when coaches bust the players themselves people still blame the coaches for running a loose ship or being to soft on the players or something. Rather them just blaming the players for doing what they did wrong period. They are almost adults they should be treated as adults and they should know from the correct way or the wrong way....
"LIVE AND DIE BY THE SWORD"

dirtylickens
High-quality H20 provider

Post by dirtylickens »

Last ive seen Vili, hes been off and on of crutches. Not sure whether its a medical reason but I dont think hes capable of being there every home game. It does seem dead though at the games now. With Billy V as the only source of "entertainment" during time outs and such.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

pass

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

He might be too old and physically out of shape but his eldest son is a power lifter and perfect candidate to replace him but the direction of our University is more rainbow then warrior so any mascot would do.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

Why am i not surprised to hear about Vili and his wife burning bridges everywhere they go. Its not the first time, look at their history.

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

I'd only be in favor of bringing Vili back if someone would teach him WHEN to get the fans cheering and when to keep quiet! Too many times he'd be amping up the fans when we were on OFFENSE! You're supposed to be quiet when the home team is on offense so they can hear the count and any other calls the QB is making! Other than that, he was entertaining!
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

I'm a fan of Vili but if he's not able to come back, I'm sure he has "The Warrior" trademarked and all, but bring back someone who can do it!

Not puffy Rainbow Warrior...lol

A real Warrior.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

WA Warrior wrote:I'm a fan of Vili but if he's not able to come back, I'm sure he has "The Warrior" trademarked and all, but bring back someone who can do it!

Not puffy Rainbow Warrior...lol

A real Warrior.
U mean like this...

RIP Warrior

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Irse wrote:
poidog wrote:
uhwarriors wrote:Vili got paid for his performances. With the budget so tight, where's the money going to come from? BTW, I neither in favor of not in favor of bringing him back. I'm just making sure everyone knows he was getting paid.
Raise the game-day parking fee to $10 and use the extra $5 for "Game Day Experience Enhancement" and have the stadium pay him for his services (and pay for other things with the extra $10k a game. $5 for parking is too cheap, anyway.
The stadium would mismanage the money and won't spend it on it's intended use.
touche!