Looking on the Bright side

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Looking on the Bright side

Post by BigWave96744 »

Hawaii fans,

In 2012 we had many blowout games

In 2013 we started off with blowouts by USC & Oregon St & 5 of our MWC loses were by 7 or less points

In 2014 yes we are 0-2, but we lost by 1 to the then #25 ranked Washington Huskies.
Then we lose by 8 to an OSU team who I feel will not only be our hardest opponent, but also a team I feel is up there with Oregon and Stanford in the PAC12 North.

Go ask any Duck fan and they definitely will not take the Bearers lightly in the season ending Civil War game.

How many of you who want Norm Fired thought we would win both or one of these games? Preseason I recall many saying we would be lucky to win 3-4 games this season.

Don't jump off the ship. The boys needs you now, even more that Joey and JGW are gone for the season.
With that I'll leave you with this, if you think we have it bad, check out this list after week 2 of the top 10 miserable teams. Heck we are not even in the honorable mention list :)

Go Rainbow Warriors....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... wmenu=true

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Looking on the Bright side

Post by dakineguy »

The future is so bright and shiny it's hard to see. But I like the effort the team is putting out. I Know we haven't won a game yet but still they can show us they can do it. These are not conference games so a good time to work out the bugs.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I like the effort that's been put out. I thought they maybe would be ready to turn the corner but Iosefa's injury puts us farther from the corner. I hope the other guys can step it up.
ImageImage

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Good post BW. Man, it soooo hard to stay focused right now. Iosefa gets hurt, JJ gets let go. It is easy to once again be looking to the future.....in September. I refuse. I get it, there is absolutely a possible reality where Norm is done after this season and JJ takes over. It could happen...hell, the cynic may say it's likely. But cannot quit on this team. Losing Joey is a huge blow, but these guys still deserve support...including Norm.

Now if they lose to Northern Iowa..... :x

Banish the thought. Beat the Panthers, beat Colorado...begin a winning streak. Don't throw in the towel just yet.

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

good post.......

you can tell that things are improving even with the posters on this board. i know it was tough last year to stay positive and many failed to do so, but even with our 0-2 start, people seem to be seeing things differently. i like that a lot of us are staying positive and are waiting for the first win relatively patiently.

no team is a pushover but im seeing this week as a confidence builder with our first win of the season, then going to Colorado and Rice to solidify the confidence going into the regular season. those two are money games right? since they are away don't we get paid to play? come back 3-2 and pack the house, sounds like a good plan to me! haha

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

BigWave96744 wrote:\

In 2014 yes we are 0-2, but we lost by 1 to the then #25 ranked Washington Huskies.
Then we lose by 8 to an OSU team who I feel will not only be our hardest opponent, but also a team I feel is up there with Oregon and Stanford in the PAC12 North.
come on, Washington was so obviously overrated, AND they had a scrub back up QB playing.

and you cant seriously think OSU is anywhere near Oregon or Stanford.

i get being positive and all, and we all thought we were going to lose, but how positive can we really be after watching this atrocious QB play, seeing Joey get hurt, watching all the drops our squad of backups at WR have made, and then seeing JGW out for the season?

i cant be positive until i see something positive. we may have kept those games close, but the biggest reason we did is now out.

sorry. im burned out on chow. there was promise in the Washington game, but after OSu, im just done. he hasnt learned anything.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

vailima
All-conference
All-conference

Post by vailima »

no thanks on JJ, he was good for where we were at...at that time. Sugar Bowl made that very obvious. I agree Chow will be out if we don't win games this season, but as hard as losing is, recruiting is where it needs to be, bigger, faster, but still kinda low on depth, and Chow not JJ is going to help more.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

xer 21 wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:\

come on, Washington was so obviously overrated, AND they had a scrub back up QB playing.

and you cant seriously think OSU is anywhere near Oregon or Stanford.
So did you predict Hawaii to beat Washington?
Stanford lost to SC. They are not the same dominant team like last year.
Yes Oregon is the cream of the PAC12, but anything goes in te Civil War game.
Mannion is considered the best QB in the PAC12.
Oregon State will be a top 20 team by seasons end.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

BTW xer21, why you getting all huhu...
You didn't expect Hawaii to win anyway

Re: 2014 Season: How Many Wins?
xer 21 wrote:3 games.

dont trust chow.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

With Jerrol and Joey out... the "real" coaching begins.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Washington and oregon st are good teams, theyll probably finish in the upper half of the pac 12 and go bowling. Its teams like colorado and washington st that there's no excuse losing to!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

reignjah11 wrote:Washington and oregon st are good teams, theyll probably finish in the upper half of the pac 12 and go bowling. Its teams like colorado and washington st that there's no excuse losing to!
"Uh, too bad we don't have Joey and Jerrol.. if we had those two playing, we could have ... "

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

on a brighter note - the parking was alot better, and the teri burger w garlic fries was not bad.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I was not impressed with our MWC opponents. I think we can beat them.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Hawaii needs to figure out what is wrong with them. They will keep losing if they can't figure it out. It doesn't matter who their opponent is they must focus on themselves. I have seen them lose many battles they should have won. It is almost like they are fighting against themselves at the same time against their opponent. They must get rid of the losing giant before it gets hold of them forever.

I know they have that winning mentality within themselves. They just need to find it and embrace it. They can't be afraid to win. Get that monkey off their back. Once they do that there will be no limit as to how many games they will win. It will come like the wind with no end in sight. Go out there and Win Warriors!
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”