Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

4 Wide set

Post by ulua »

With our WR corp not being that fast and having a hard time separating them selves from the DB's, would the 4wr set help them in getting open? I figure it's one more WR the DB's or LB's have to cover, who is probably faster then our tight ends and can cause some miss matches, and also it will spread things out.

Are we not running it due to it may be making the reads more complicated for Woosley? so in other words keep it simple for now, or are we just using the tight end for more block protection and power runs?

Just curious.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: 4 Wide set

Post by seasider »

ulua wrote:With our WR corp not being that fast and having a hard time separating them selves from the DB's, would the 4wr set help them in getting open? I figure it's one more WR the DB's or LB's have to cover, who is probably faster then our tight ends and can cause some miss matches, and also it will spread things out.

Are we not running it due to it may be making the reads more complicated for Woosley? so in other words keep it simple for now, or are we just using the tight end for more block protection and power runs?

Just curious.
Washington and Oregon State's defense will be the best the Warriors will face this seasons.

Let's see how the ball bounces the rest of the way...just maybe, the Warriors' WR will be "mo fast" now with Washington and Oregon State is all pau.

Biggest concern "no mo" Iosefa for 4-6 weeks. Hopefully Lakalaka can step it up.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

I still want to see UH utilize the 4WR set, I think it will help open up our passing game.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Coach Chow is too stubborn and will never embrace the concept of having a 4 wide receiver set. Never. I'm still waiting to see his concept of the "spread" offense that he talked about in Fall camp. Same old, same old from the HC.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

If you can't throw the ball accurately it doesn't matter if you have 1-2-3-4 or 5 receivers.

And until you can complete the long ball consistently the CBs will be in your face at the line of scrimmage.

2left
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 2left »

Unfortunately, it's the middle of the season and we can't expect Chow to do much more than throw in a few wrinkles to his offense. Go to 4 wide without being able to execute, and you turn into SMU. Looks like it's going to be a matter of praying Iosefa gets back healthy so instead of our RB getting hit quick for a 2 yard gain, he breaks a tackle for a 4 yard gain. When you have a super-back who can do that, it opens up other things for the offense. When you don't, you're looking at third and long. Unfortunately, that seems to be all that Chow-ball is about. At least then we get to see Harding's amazing punts!