Keelan Ewaliko got in the game

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Keelan Ewaliko got in the game

Post by My3Cats »

Unfortunately he was underutilized again. Looks like a playmaker.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Game 3 stat line:
1 carry, 17 yards
2 KO returns, 54 yards

BigIslandHank
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BigIslandHank »

I hope they put together a package for him. He'd be a threat on end arounds or misdirections. I'm glad he got the kickoff return gig. We are better with him in there.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Kid looks like a potential star. Needs the ball more. Sweeps, screens, don't care. Just do it.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigIslandHank wrote:I hope they put together a package for him. He'd be a threat on end arounds or misdirections. I'm glad he got the kickoff return gig. We are better with him in there.
They used to use Joey in their wildcat package. Ewaliko could do this.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

BigWave96744 wrote:For sure he's the best kickoff returner this season.
Also don't know why they don't use him more on offense, the reverse play to him was awesome. Use it more, even if it's a fake. Keep the defense guessing.
I was telling my family watching that if they run this play again it'll be a reverse pass. Maybe they are setting up Colorado. As soon as they see ewaliko get in the game, the think he's running it. Then when he gets the pitch ikaika open in the endzone for the TD!! Lol

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

Local boy returning kicks as a freshman that also lined up at slot? Hmmm I like the sounds of that!! Lol

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

They need to have him return more than some of the popolos they have taking kick offs. And even replace scott Harding at the punt returner spot. Ewaliko has some wheels. Hope he gets more action. Harding is a good player, just dont think he has the one cut ability.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I would like to see him in the game more. As a punt returner, he'll allow Harding to have some rest.
ImageImage

Kailene77
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Kailene77 »

Keelan is the next big thing especially being a freshman. He is very versatile in playing many positions. He has done it in high school and he can do it again in college football. Not sure why he didn't get all that much play time but they should of used him more. They should of given Lakalaka or Harding some rest time and put him out on the field. He has the talent. He can throw the ball, catch the ball, got the speed and as a former bull rider, he ain't afraid of getting hits. As Rob Demello says "If you have a corvette in the garage. Take it out of the garage and put it on the road". I say "Don't just test drive it, put some miles on it and let it show you what its got". Last weeks game was very very close and would of been a huge upset if UH lost. If you use Keelan more, there wouldn't be 24 punts, just saying. He knows his job so let him out of his cage and unto the field. As far as the QB, please work more. Stop throwing so high and to invisible players. GO #13 GO :hello1: .

Optimus

Post by Optimus »

Very likeable guy amongst his peers. Won't be surprised to see him as a future team captain

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

He's an offensive weapon but he's not used. I don't understand why. He can't be any worse of an option than any other player on offense at this point. The defense plays great only to have the offense stall and give the ball back. Keelan can help a bit...at least move the chains. Come on Coach, get creative!

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Creative?
Creativity has not been a part o the current coaching regime.
Forced Adjustments and Reactivity are more appropriate descriptors.
Along with the X's and O's passing him by, so are the generations. He sorta reminds me of Willy in Death of a Salesman.
Ewaliko is a dynamic playmaker. He and Woolsey are probably very similar in terms of their past on-field successes. They are athletes who can be dynamic playmakers. Unfortunately, coaches like Chow will never fully embrace what everyone else can obviously see. What a tough era of UH football this has been.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

I wonder if it's Chow's pride that won't allow him to succumb to the pressure being exerted by everyone else. If this is so, we're (UH) headed nowhere. Ewaliko can make things happen. He's another option on the offense and can create openings for other players as well. Too bad coach Chow is being stubborn. Good luck anyway.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

not hating on Keelan, but the amount of hype you guys are putting on him is absolutely ridiculous.

you guys act like he's Cordarrelle Patterson.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.