CFN prediction on the Oregon State game

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
CoconutKid
High-quality H20 provider

CFN prediction on the Oregon State game

Post by CoconutKid »

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1441775.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hate to say it but I suspect this will be a much more difficult game for the Warriors.

A Cyler Miles-LESS team was very one-dimensional. We really stacked against the run and the QB was really inaccurate. This week Sean Mannion, is a really, really good and complemented by RB Storm Woods.

For us to have a chance, we need ball control and win the turnover margin. Lotsa Lakalaka and Iosefa. If Woolsey makes a jump, this could be a very very good game.

My prediction: 31 - 20 OSU

Let's go Warriors!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon State (1-0) at Hawaii (0-1) Sept. 6, 10:30, CBS Sports Network

Here's The Deal: On the opening weekend of the season, Oregon State missed its mark, while Hawaii exceeded expectations. The pair meets in Honolulu to get a better read on whose 2014 reality will be closer to its opening act. The Beavers were flat and sloppy in the Portland State game, turning just 1-of-9 red-zone trips into a touchdown. The Warriors, on the contrary, darn near spoiled Chris Petersen’s debut at Washington. They lost by a point in a heartbreaker that qualifies as a lost opportunity.
Why Oregon State Might Win: Sure, the Beavers won by a mere 29-14 margin, but they thoroughly outplayed the Vikings in Week 1. Behind the passing of Sean Mannion and the running of Storm Woods, Oregon State outgained Portland State, 504-214. OSU’s problems are fixable, including cutting down on stupid mistakes and converting once they get deep into enemy territory.
Why Hawaii Might Win: The Warriors played well enough on defense last week to be cautiously optimistic about a more competitive season. Hawaii outgained Washington in the loss, while really rising up against the pass. If the secondary, led by U-Dub transfer Taz Stevenson, can hound Beaver receivers into drops, Oregon State will be in danger of being upset for a second consecutive week.
Who To Watch Out For: One of the primary strengths of this Oregon State team is a back seven flush with experience and productivity. With Hawaii’s penchant for running north-south with 245-pound Joey Iosefa, Beaver coaches will expect their well-sized safeties, Ryan Murphy and Tyrequek Zimmerman, to step up and support the run.
What’s Going To Happen: Oregon State isn’t quite as erratic as it looked last week. And Hawaii was a little fortunate to have faced Washington’s backup quarterback in the opener. The Beavers, with a few less penalties and a couple more red-zone touchdowns, will pull away in the second half.
Prediction: Oregon State 43 … Hawaii 21

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: CFN prediction on the Oregon State game

Post by Makana »

Well if Hawaii can play a Cover-3 and not give up the big play then Hawaii should be in this one. That deep pass the defense gave up last week was a big nail in the coffin, I could just see the whole stadium deflate after that TD. Also UH is gonna need a receiver to step up and make some plays, man we could use Chris Gant right about now. Woosley is gonna need all the help he can get against Oregon St. Steven Nelson and their secondary.

My Homer prediction:

UH - 28
Oregon St. - 24

Hawaii rallies to score a last minute touchdown!!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Vegas was wrong by 14 points last week.

A repeat of that prediction error puts us ahead by 4 in this one.

hawaiian

Post by hawaiian »

Everyone forgets that Cyler Miles didn't participate in Spring Ball AND Summer Camp...so what was Washington's excuse at QB? It didn't matter in the end because they won the game but don't take ANYTHING away of how the Warriors played!

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

hawaiian wrote:Everyone forgets that Cyler Miles didn't participate in Spring Ball AND Summer Camp...so what was Washington's excuse at QB? It didn't matter in the end because they won the game but don't take ANYTHING away of how the Warriors played!
Everyone forgets that our QB had very little experience also. So the QB thing was equal.

I do credit Washington for playing their first game on the road in Hawaii. No matter how our team is rated, that is a very gutsy road trip with little to gain and much to lose.

CoconutKid

Post by CoconutKid »

hawaiian wrote:Everyone forgets that Cyler Miles didn't participate in Spring Ball AND Summer Camp...so what was Washington's excuse at QB? It didn't matter in the end because they won the game but don't take ANYTHING away of how the Warriors played!
I wouldn't take anything from the fact Lindquist played all spring and fall. The talent gap is wide. Who started today? Even with no fall or spring practice and being suspended first game. Miles starts.

And no one is taking anything away from the Warriors. NO ONE. They played fast, strong and confidently. If Woolsey improves and we stay healthy, we'll be much better than 6th in the Western division of the MWC, that most predict. I'm dreaming about a Hawaii Bowl Bid!

Let's Go Warriors!!!!!!!

CoconutKid

Post by CoconutKid »

Makana wrote:Well if Hawaii can play a Cover-3 and not give up the big play then Hawaii should be in this one. That deep pass the defense gave up last week was a big nail in the coffin, I could just see the whole stadium deflate after that TD. Also UH is gonna need a receiver to step up and make some plays, man we could use Chris Gant right about now. Woosley is gonna need all the help he can get against Oregon St. Steven Nelson and their secondary.

My Homer prediction:

UH - 28
Oregon St. - 24

Hawaii rallies to score a last minute touchdown!!!

I hope that person is Pedroza! Really impressed with him in that first game.