not QB play but mental errors

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider

Re: not QB play but mental errors

Post by whirlygig5 »

guess if you guys like losing, then "YES" good call. i like to win., Not only did that play fail, it looked embarrassing. Next play was a 91 yard TD, that worked out well

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

everyone who likes that play call are all playing the "what ifs" what if he stopped earlier?, what if he threw it further?, what if he threw it earlier?, thats why the play call was bad, to many "what ifs"

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

everyone who likes that play call are all playing the "what ifs" what if he stopped earlier?, what if he threw it further?, what if he threw it earlier?, thats why the play call was bad, to many "what ifs"

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Every game has what if plays. Every play is a what if play. Even if the play works you could say what if it didn't work, then what. If the play works for us the other team says what if we stopped them. What if our CB's intercepted? What if the D line sacked the QB? I could keep going until I had filled out a thousand page book.

Your argument is nullified.

What if you left this board and never posted again? What if the world ends tomorrow? We won't have any more what if's. LOL.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

whirlygig5 wrote:everyone who likes that play call are all playing the "what ifs" what if he stopped earlier?, what if he threw it further?, what if he threw it earlier?, thats why the play call was bad, to many "what ifs"
Okay say we go for the fg like you would have done...what if he misses? what if they block the kick? what if there's a bad snap?, what if the holder cant grip football?, what if the kicker slips? I just came up with just as many "what ifs" as them going for it! :lol:

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

whirlygig5 wrote:guess if you guys like losing, then "YES" good call. i like to win., Not only did that play fail, it looked embarrassing. Next play was a 91 yard TD, that worked out well
What? We're saying it was a good call because the played worked (as in what it was designed to do, the wr was wide open!) the wr just didn't execute the pass. And then the play after of course was deflating but that's on the defense! You can't blame going for it caused the td pass. Who's to say we kick the fg (if we even make it at that) and on the kickoff Washington returns it for a td. Would you blame the sp teams for making the fg which lead to a kickoff return td?

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

OMG!!! don't you guys know percentages?????You go for the high percentage play, the play you practice, the play you do a lot in a game situation...not the super low percentage (never tried it in a game situation) yet play, boneheads i am done with this board, i thought there were smart intelligent people on this board.

warriorfan70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warriorfan70 »

I don't care how you slice/ dice /chop it up It was the dumbest call I seen in a long time. We will never be able to " Finish" with bone head plays like that. You don't put the fate in your football team in the hands of a wide receiver throwing the ball. I would felt better if he went for the corner and try picking up the first down. As it turn out that was the turning point for the game. Dumb, Dumber,
And Dumbest : [-X

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

phew...thank you warriorfan70 someone who gets it!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I guess June Jones must be the dumbest coach we ever had, no?
Remember 4th and 1, we pass?
Remember fake punt on our side of the field?
Remember Abu Maafala failed option pass verses Bama?
Fricken dummy :lol:

CoconutKid

Post by CoconutKid »

whirlygig5 wrote:everyone who likes that play call are all playing the "what ifs" what if he stopped earlier?, what if he threw it further?, what if he threw it earlier?, thats why the play call was bad, to many "what ifs"
I would have attempted the FG.

With that being said, I'm not disappointed by the call. You can asked the same question "too many" ways or just 1 way: "What if he threw the ball reasonably well?"

The DB was right there to pressure Kemp, but I bet he'd be the first to tell you he could have made a much better pass, even with the pressure. Kemp short-armed it.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

" I'm not disappointed by the call. You can asked the same question "too many" ways or just 1 way: "What if he threw the ball reasonably well?""

im not terribly disappointed either, i just felt they could have ran an easier less complicated "trick" play at that moment.

Remember Boise st statue of liberty against oklahoma????? even they practiced that play on another team, when they were well ahead to perfect it for the perfect time.

the june jones question from the other guy7, When june jones called those plays, it was with a very season group of guys that played together and gelled together and I'm pretty sure they were favored inn all those games they tried those trick plays

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

whirlygig5 wrote: the june jones question from the other guy7, When june jones called those plays, it was with a very season group of guys that played together and gelled together and I'm pretty sure they were favored inn all those games they tried those trick plays
June ran trick plays and other unorthodox plays against anyone.
Most times against team more superior than us or when we were losing.
The pass to Oline Abu Maafala was against Alabama, when we were behind.

When these plays work, coach is a fridgin genius. Otherwise he's a goat... (Go easy Wyokie)

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

don't remember june jones running any trick plays his first season, a lot more when UH got better. UH beat alabama one of those years and was ranked in the top 25 as well. UH was doing well and winning a lot. i don't remember june jones running a trick play that hurt so so bad like the one chow did last week. l think they may have been one against boise the first year Boise was in the WAC but june jones was for the most part successful coach in hawaii and won a lot of games he never did those type plays when UH really really needed a win as bad as they needed one last week When your struggling to win ga,es you always play percentages, thats how you keep your job, that said i have confidence chow can turn it around this year

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote:
whirlygig5 wrote: the june jones question from the other guy7, When june jones called those plays, it was with a very season group of guys that played together and gelled together and I'm pretty sure they were favored inn all those games they tried those trick plays
June ran trick plays and other unorthodox plays against anyone.
Most times against team more superior than us or when we were losing.
The pass to Oline Abu Maafala was against Alabama, when we were behind.

When these plays work, coach is a fridgin genius. Otherwise he's a goat... (Go easy Wyokie)
BigWave was right. He ran them when we were underdogs or when June thought we may have a problem in a game. Don't remember the onside kick after a TD against Portland State when we had the momentum after a TD? PSU recovered then got the momentum and went on to win in 2000. He knew we had not so good a team that year. When we had Colt and the gang, we rarely ran a trick play, because we didn't need to.
ImageImage