not QB play but mental errors

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Markazulu
High-quality H20 provider

That 4th and 1 play

Post by Markazulu »

Honestly i thought it was a great play call though i was one of many who felt they should have kicked the FG. Which also with Hadden isn't really guarantee. The reason i felt it was a great play call was because technically the play was their to be made. EVERY little thing was set up perfect except for the pass falling short. I think thats where the problem lies on that play i think it would've been the perfect play if say lakalaka was in the back field and iosefa took the pitch to throw or heck even Ewaliko. Moleni was wide open in the end zone and i think thats why i didn't really have a problem with the play calling just the execution.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: That 4th and 1 play

Post by Irse »

I had no problem with the play except execution.
ImageImage

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Great play and a great call. This team wants to win and they need to take advantage of every opportunity. At this stage of the game know one knew how close this game was going to be.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I thought that it was a great play call but that Kemp took too long to put the ball in his throwing hand, resulting in him taking too long to throw it. With the oncoming defensive pressure he ended up heaving a loaf of bread instead of throwing the ball. Moleni was wide open and a touchdown was missed. Maybe putting Ewaliko in there instead with him being a high school quarterback would have worked better? Kemp said it himself in this mornings Star Advertiser that he is not a quarterback.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

considering how our D was playing, the idea of having them backed up probably seemed ok. the only reason this looks terrible is because of that 90 yard bomb shot they made, which that QB is never going to throw again this season, ever.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

I dunno. It's a weird situation. It was only one yard and at that point, Iosefa hadn't been stopped all game. But also, that trick play worked except for Kemp not getting a good handle on the ball.

whirlygig5

not QB play but mental errors

Post by whirlygig5 »

That loss this game. UH out played UW in the 2nd half of this game. And shoulda won. But the mental errors killed UH. First game of the season and when it's so close like last night it's the team that makes the most mental errors is who usually gonna lose. First HUGE mental errors of course was the phlips late hit, 2nd was the bone head trick play on 4th down, shoulda kicked a field gaol, that probably woulda been the game winner. That was the wrong play at the time. There were to many thing that could go wrong on a play like that, maybe a much simpler play like the reverse they did in the first quarter might have worked there. Not that long developing trick play so close to the goal. And thats really it in the nutshell. QB play was good. Managed well, For those of you not happy, Ikaika is no colt Brennen but he managed the game well, he is very limited but did the job, he did better then his counter part in washinton. against a very talented UA defense.So UH played the right game just fell short with mental errors

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: not QB play but mental errors

Post by TheDuke »

That trick play was the right call and it worked. The execution was poor. I don't have a problem with it. They saw something and they felt it would work and it did.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

My3Cats wrote:I thought that it was a great play call but that Kemp took too long to put the ball in his throwing hand, resulting in him taking too long to throw it. With the oncoming defensive pressure he ended up heaving a loaf of bread instead of throwing the ball. Moleni was wide open and a touchdown was missed. Maybe putting Ewaliko in there instead with him being a high school quarterback would have worked better? Kemp said it himself in this mornings Star Advertiser that he is not a quarterback.
Yes, you saw what I saw. He actually had time to stop plant and throw but he kept running and closed the gap between himself and the rusher and made it a more difficult pass.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

it didn't work, the pass fell short. lt took to long to develop. the result no pints intend of a possible game winning field gaol. Thats the type of trick play you do when you have the lead, way less stress to execute. The reverse early in the first quarter woulda been a better call or a field goal

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

whirlygig5 wrote:it didn't work, the pass fell short. lt took to long to develop. the result no pints intend of a possible game winning field gaol. Thats the type of trick play you do when you have the lead, way less stress to execute. The reverse early in the first quarter woulda been a better call or a field goal
Hawaii was leading 10-7 at that point! :wink: Also you can say all the plays they should have ran but there's no guarantee it would work either. I mean Hadden missed a fg at the end of the half that possibly would have won the game too.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

this is true but maybe if he made this one which was closer it could have been the game winner, anyways it's not really the point I'm trying to make. lm just saying it wasn't the play of the QB or horrible play calling but mental errors which loss UH the game, thats all

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

The only thing wrong with that trick play was the throw. Had the throw been better, TD! That is how I saw it.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

you all keep proving my point why it wasn't a good call. The play took to long to develop and to many things had to happen well for it to work, that makes it the wrong time to try this this when all they needed was to get one yard. Hadden hadn't missed a fg yet and this was much much closer.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

took too long to develop? It was open. At that point in the game no one knew if we would ever score again. You can play the what if game all you want to. The point is that the play was open for a TD. Good call.