Hawaii Future

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Cheesehead Warrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Hawaii Future

Post by Cheesehead Warrior »

Probably not the best time to post this given our opener tonight with Washington .. However, it's hard to watch the Navy/Ohio State game going on right now and not think of Navy Head Coach Niumatalolo leading the Warriors in the future. I have posted in the past, and I will say again, the spread option or the RNS fit Hawaii player personnel and gives us the best chance to compete week in and week out. This guy can flat out coach and gives his team a chance to win regardless of the opponent. Navy may very well lose this game, but they are giving Ohio St. fits. So fun to watch.

When Coach Chow hangs it up, this should be the target. Of course we would all have to take turns mowing Coach Niumatalolo's lawn in addition to selling out some real cash.

Well, anyway, maybe we win tonight and we can put that talk on hold.

Go Warriors!!!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Hawaii Future

Post by Irse »

With the amount we want to pay coaches, it aint happening.
ImageImage

ABUNAI
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by ABUNAI »

Cheesehead Warrior wrote:Probably not the best time to post this given our opener tonight with Washington .. However, it's hard to watch the Navy/Ohio State game going on right now and not think of Navy Head Coach Niumatalolo leading the Warriors in the future. I have posted in the past, and I will say again, the spread option or the RNS fit Hawaii player personnel and gives us the best chance to compete week in and week out. This guy can flat out coach and gives his team a chance to win regardless of the opponent. Navy may very well lose this game, but they are giving Ohio St. fits. So fun to watch.

When Coach Chow hangs it up, this should be the target. Of course we would all have to take turns mowing Coach Niumatalolo's lawn in addition to selling out some real cash.

Well, anyway, maybe we win tonight and we can put that talk on hold.

Go Warriors!!!

No thanks.... I don't want the triple option offense...
"LIVE AND DIE BY THE SWORD"

hawaiian
High-quality H20 provider

Post by hawaiian »

Love local boy Kenny...but no thanks!

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Post by tico brown »

Hawaii is not going to outbid Navy for Coach Ken. But if they can't finally adjust to Chow's pro style offense after 3 years, them they may have to consider getting someone who runs an offense like Run and Shoot, Air Raid, Oregon's Read Option, or Paul Johnson's Option Offense that is different from the other programs. It may be that since the only time that UH has been successful was with the Option and the Run and Shoot. Hell, A LOT OF PROGRAMS don't have the kids to run what Alabama, Wisconsin, or USC runs.

Although after tonight's game, I may have to hold back on this theory since Hawaii may finally be able to run Chow's offense.

Sweet Lei Mokihana
MLB: Los Angelas Dodgers
NBA: AnybodybutLakers&Heat
NFL: Cardinals and Seahawks

Post by Sweet Lei Mokihana »

No Triple Option ever again please. Love Kenny. But not that O.

I'll take Dino Babers over Kenny.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

What was so bad about the Triple Option? That's was what Wager (Johnson) ran with Cater as QB, correct. Holiday bowl.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

cabanalane wrote:What was so bad about the Triple Option? That's was what Wager (Johnson) ran with Cater as QB, correct. Holiday bowl.
I believe the triple option is an 80% run game plan. Today's football is more about speed and film study while finding ways to avoid the bruising hits and injury. Especially head injuries. That means more passing attacks, spreading the defense and trying to limit the number of bodies that will end up on your player as he goes down.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote:What was so bad about the Triple Option? That's was what Wager (Johnson) ran with Cater as QB, correct. Holiday bowl.
When you get behind, it's harder to catch up.
ImageImage

oldhawaiiguy
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by oldhawaiiguy »

Then don't get behind. These RNS or spread offense teams have winning records for the most part.

As the poster said, building a team to run this offense makes for easier recruiting.

UH will never again recruit competitively for a pro set of even the JJ offense again. Oh, and JJ got slaughtered by Baylor...no catch-up ability there. He's going downhill from here.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

oldhawaiiguy wrote:Then don't get behind. These RNS or spread offense teams have winning records for the most part.

As the poster said, building a team to run this offense makes for easier recruiting.

UH will never again recruit competitively for a pro set of even the JJ offense again. Oh, and JJ got slaughtered by Baylor...no catch-up ability there. He's going downhill from here.
Look at what all our high schools in Hawaii are playing... design the program based on that as a foundation and recruit out of state what you cannot get locally.. build a team with a strong local flavor for the fans and with a playbook that the islands already embrace.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

madeinhawaii wrote:
oldhawaiiguy wrote:Then don't get behind. These RNS or spread offense teams have winning records for the most part.

Look at what all our high schools in Hawaii are playing... design the program based on that as a foundation and recruit out of state what you cannot get locally.. build a team with a strong local flavor for the fans and with a playbook that the islands already embrace.
they run offenses in high school for reasons we shouldnt have to worry about.

we're not going to get fans, or players, just because we run Kahuku's offense. and we certainly wont win with it.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

xer 21 wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:

they run offenses in high school for reasons we shouldnt have to worry about.

we're not going to get fans, or players, just because we run Kahuku's offense. and we certainly wont win with it.
I'm saying, the offenses run in our local schools develop a good number players for specific type of play calling. To ignore that is to ignore your biggest pool of available football talent. We don't have too many Texas type smash mouth programs here.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Honestly, we don't need a coach just because he's Hawaiian. We don't need to tailor our offense to local high school just cause...well it doesn't make sense. We need leaders with the ability to adjust. As slow as coach Chow has been to adjust to his ego, he may have finally put together the right team that can adjust to circumstances and lead Hawaii to some wins. A one point loss to Washington brings back the respectability of the losses in the McMackin era. No more blow-outs, please.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

you are right...............not a good timing for this kind of post.

At least wait till the end of the season.