SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Cowherd

Post by SectionACrazy »

Anyone else hear what Cow****,...er, Cowherd said today during his predictions for the weekend segment. Something like, Washington will Thrash Hawaii. HAWAII's THE WORST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY :evil: . 50-17 Washington. More reason I wish the powers that be, would please put back The Dan Patrick Show opposite of Cowherds replay time slot. LET'S GO 'BOWS!!! Give me a reason to wake up Tuesday morning at 4am to call Cowherd's show.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Re: Cowherd

Post by reignjah11 »

Yeah he's always biased towards the bcs teams. He probably doesn't know anything about hawaii except our record last year. It's okay though, games are won on the field not on paper. All the espn analysis found that out when overrated South Carolina got destroyed by Texas A&M yesterday!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Well, weren't we one of the worst teams last year and our starting QB and Wrs graduated. Plus one of our best offensive lineman is now starting for the other UH. What else would you expect him to say?
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote:Well, weren't we one of the worst teams last year and our starting QB and Wrs graduated. Plus one of our best offensive lineman is now starting for the other UH. What else would you expect him to say?
Plus you all lost to Wyoming in a game UH should've won!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Based on record alone UH was one of the worst teams last year an should be in consideration to be "the worst team in the country". But that's poor man research. Hawaii was competitive in most games last year and many were close. I like Cowherd when he was on Sportsnation and I still do, but I don't take anything that he or anyone at ESPN says seriously.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Make all the excuses you want, until Hawai'i plays like Warriors and not like Rainbows, they are the worse or pretty damn close to the worse team in the nation.

Shut them up on the field, then they'll shut up everywhere else.

I wonder if Uncle Chow is up to it.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

i dont get the outrage.

i dont like cowherd, but he's right. we suck balls until proven otherwise.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

There once was a child who wanted to play on the neighborhood little league team. One of the parents of the other kids yelled out, "I don't want this kid on the team, he's not very good!" And though he practiced all off season long, before school, after school. During the weekends, from sun up to sun down, and had made significant improvement, but he still would be the last kid to see playing time. But what hurt the kid more than what was said about him, was that his father, who knew he worked hard during the off season, didn't back him up or give him any words of encouragement but instead, agreed with what the parent had said. The child still played, but...

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

SectionACrazy wrote:There once was a child who wanted to play on the neighborhood little league team. One of the parents of the other kids yelled out, "I don't want this kid on the team, he's not very good!" And though he practiced all off season long, before school, after school. During the weekends, from sun up to sun down, and had made significant improvement, but he still would be the last kid to see playing time. But what hurt the kid more than what was said about him, was that his father, who knew he worked hard during the off season, didn't back him up or give him any words of encouragement but instead, agreed with what the parent had said. The child still played, but...
ummm, ok :-?

we're still bad until proven otherwise. and in this real life scenario, the coach is still the problem until proven otherwise.

these arent six year olds, they're grown men, and im going to call a spade a spade. we were terrible last year, and this year, we're terrible until they show some real improvement on the field.

targets.

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

SectionACrazy wrote:Anyone else hear what Cow****,...er, Cowherd said today during his predictions for the weekend segment. Something like, Washington will Thrash Hawaii. HAWAII's THE WORST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY :evil: . 50-17 Washington. More reason I wish the powers that be, would please put back The Dan Patrick Show opposite of Cowherds replay time slot. LET'S GO 'BOWS!!! Give me a reason to wake up Tuesday morning at 4am to call Cowherd's show.
Well, I don't know if I would call in, but based on what I saw today I think the team has improved and is probably not the worst team in the country.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

xer 21 wrote:
SectionACrazy wrote:There once was a child who wanted to play on the neighborhood little league team. One of the parents of the other kids yelled out, "I don't want this kid on the team, he's not very good!" And though he practiced all off season long, before school, after school. During the weekends, from sun up to sun down, and had made significant improvement, but he still would be the last kid to see playing time. But what hurt the kid more than what was said about him, was that his father, who knew he worked hard during the off season, didn't back him up or give him any words of encouragement but instead, agreed with what the parent had said. The child still played, but...

we're still bad until proven otherwise. and in this real life scenario, the coach is still the problem until proven otherwise.

these arent six year olds, they're grown men, and im going to call a spade a spade. we were terrible last year, and this year, we're terrible until they show some real improvement on the field.
Has anything changed after tonight

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

BigWave96744 wrote:
xer 21 wrote:

Has anything changed after tonight
we dont totally suck like last year, but we dont know if we're good or even ok yet. its one game.

targets.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

xer 21 wrote: ......we dont know if we're good or even ok yet. its one game.
Good teams play much better their second game.

Absent injury, we should get some home wins. We will have to see how we do on the road.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

Xer 21
That’s the best defense (Shelton along with a couple of his cohorts will be playing on Sundays) Hawaii’s offense will face…If Hawaii play like that for the rest of the season, or improve with every game, Hawaii’s offense will be unstoppable…Definitely the offensive line, is much improved, and LOL…there’s no Defense in Hawaii’s future opponent that will be able to slow down Iosefa.

Definitely, the defense will play shutdown defense the rest of the way.

There are no Ifs or Buts…the KEY for the rest of the season, the starters and their backups remain healthy for the rest of the season.

Hopefully, the fans sitting on the fence, who watched the game last night came away impressed, and help make Aloha Stadium “shake and bake” once again. LOL…don’t let the last 2 seasons cloud your minds.

I’m old school…DEFENSE wins ball game. Take away that long pass, a KEY personal foul, and a reverse for a TD, the defense shut down a PAC12 school.

The OFFENSE did their part; except for a missed FG, a few dropped passes, and an anemic pass that bounce in front of a wide open Moleni in the end-zone for a sure TD.

If coach Chow can keep his staff intact, and continue to attract the local talent who want to play for the home team, the future looks bright for the Rainbow Warriors.

My fellow Rainbow Warrior fans, “ask not what your team can do for you, but what you can do for your home team”….LOL…there’s a grass-roots movement asking for donations to make it happen. Open your hearts and wallets for the University Of Hawaii Athletic Department.

Sweet Lei Mokihana
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Los Angelas Dodgers
NBA: AnybodybutLakers&Heat
NFL: Cardinals and Seahawks

Post by Sweet Lei Mokihana »

Didn't know of him prior to Sports Nation. I liked him and Beadle together. Looking back I think he hated that Beadle used to put him in his place and slap him down a couple pegs. I love Beadle. She doesn't hold back.

Since Cowturd left SN I really saw what all the guys who post cr ap about him on other Forums like the ESPN etc. he and Skip Bayless are like twins.