Excited to watch our future opponent, Boise State, tonight.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
CoconutKid
High-quality H20 provider

Excited to watch our future opponent, Boise State, tonight.

Post by CoconutKid »

Especially curious to see whether they can continue the success that ?C

Many look to them to continue to be the top dog of the MWC due to their past success. But so much of their success is attributed to Chris Peterson.

We'll learn a lot more about them tonight.

All-American
All-American

Re: Excited to watch our future opponent, Boise State, tonig

Post by 808 »

CoconutKid wrote:Especially curious to see whether they can continue the success that ?C

Many look to them to continue to be the top dog of the MWC due to their past success. But so much of their success is attributed to Chris Peterson.

When do we play them? I know we don't play them this year. Next year?

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

808 wrote:
CoconutKid wrote:Especially curious to see whether they can continue the success that ?C

dec.06 is the first available date.

CoconutKid

Post by CoconutKid »

808 wrote:
CoconutKid wrote:Especially curious to see whether they can continue the success that ?

My guess is next year ( 2014-2015 ).

I think it works this way: EVERY YEAR, we play every team in our West division (5 games) and play only half the teams from the other division (3 games).

EVERY YEAR, each MWC team plays 8 games against one another. We play every team in our West division (5 games) and play only half the teams from the other division (3 games). Last year and this year, we skip Air Force, Boise State and New Mexico. I suspect that next year and 2 years from now, we will play these 3 teams, and skip the other 3 Mountain Division teams ( Colorado State, Utah State, and Wyoming ).

Hope that helps.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Well Boise started off with a loss to Ole Miss.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

CoconutKid

Post by CoconutKid »

dakineguy wrote:Well Boise started off with a loss to Ole Miss.
After 3 quarters it was 7-6 Ole Miss, before they scored 28 points in the final quarter to blow it wide open.

I was very impressed with Boise's play. From an athletic perspective, Ole Miss had a handful of impact players that effected an entire game.

Despite the score, I'd be surprised if Boise does not win the MWC

Lets Go Bows!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Yup, boise look good especially on defense. Offensively they moved the ball but were a victim of some untimely turnovers. Also ole miss has a beast defensive front

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Gotta be frustrated if you're a BSU fan. They looked great on defense for 3.5 quarters, but Hedrick is horrible.

Good news for Hawaii? The Boise D looked waaaaay better under Yates than it did Kwiatkowski from last season. In fact, Boise looked better coached overall than Petersen's 2013 staff.

CoconutKid

Post by CoconutKid »

J-Rod wrote:Gotta be frustrated if you're a BSU fan. They looked great on defense for 3.5 quarters, but Hedrick is horrible.

Good news for Hawaii? The Boise D looked waaaaay better under Yates than it did Kwiatkowski from last season. In fact, Boise looked better coached overall than Petersen's 2013 staff.
Agree with just about everything. But I think the jury is still out on Hedrick. That was a beastly D by Ole Miss. Not a very strong arm, but I think he'll dissect the WAC.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Ole Miss shot themselves early on and made a lot of mistakes. Their wide receivers were open but their quarterback couldn't hit em. This changed later on after their quarteterback settled down. Boise couldn't get pressure on the qb with just their linemen. Broncos corners and were over matched. On the flip side I was really impressed with ole Miss DBS. Tight coverage, really good tacklers and they hit hard. Had Miss not make all those mistakes early I thought the score could easily be double of what it was.

Boise does have one receiver who reminds me of Greg Salas. He could be one to watch. Their quarterback played like a freshman.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

CoconutKid wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Gotta be frustrated if you're a BSU fan. They looked great on defense for 3.5 quarters, but Hedrick is horrible.

Agree with just about everything. But I think the jury is still out on Hedrick. That was a beastly D by Ole Miss. Not a very strong arm, but I think he'll dissect the WAC.
Hedrick was lucky. Ole Miss best pass rusher took himself out of the game early by getting himself ejected.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: