Ben Jay: There's a real possibility of football going away.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Ben Jay: There's a real possibility of football going a

Post by HawaiianHogster »

We need some filthy rich people in Hawaii to start up a college with athletics. I bet they would be very successful and create an athletic program second to none. Remove the state completely. Problem solved.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

We got rid of one bad apple in office. Wait until the general election comes around. We will clean house. Vote those in office out of office to send them a valuable lesson. Don't tick off the locals.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

CoconutKid
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by CoconutKid »

First time poster on this board.

Stephen Tsai wrote an excellent piece on the notion that UH Football will be eliminated. Bottom line: It's the driving force financially, of the athletic dept and it's not going anywhere, at least not anytime soon.

http://hawaiiwarriorworld.com/warrior-b ... l-staying/

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

HawaiianHogster wrote:We need some filthy rich people in Hawaii to start up a college with athletics. I bet they would be very successful and create an athletic program second to none. Remove the state completely. Problem solved.
There's a thought.

Yo, Ellison! Why not you?

Sourcing Forbes magazine, as of March of 2014, Larry Ellison's net worth was 41-billion - the 3rd richest American in the world.

Assuming my math is correct, if Ellison donated $20-mil dollars a year - 50-years from now he would still have $40-billion dollars left.

That is of course, if he didn't earn any money in that 50-years. Not to mention his tax "credit".

If I had billions of dollars, just bought one of the Hawaiian Islands, I definitely would muster up some money for UH Athletics, amongst many other things.

"Give it away! Give it away! Give it away, now!"

AdmrVT
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AdmrVT »

If football goes, it all does -- every sport. And there are many at UH that do want all of it to go away, so UH becomes UH@Chicago.

I really don't think there is ANY AD candidate out there that has any solutions, absent a change in the bureaucratic thinking and processes that roadblocks any effort to find a solution. Can't pay any potential BJ successor enough. Wouldn't touch that job with a 100-foot pole.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

It could affect sports all the way down to the high school level.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: