BigWave96744

Re: Aussie Punter Available in 2015

Post by BigWave96744 »

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

Holy crap! Has it gotten so bad that we're getting excited over a f'n punter?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

SM96753 wrote:Holy crap! Has it gotten so bad that we're getting excited over a f'n punter?
Our 2 punters (Scott Harding and Ruben Guzman) are both seniors, so we need 1-2 punters in 2015

Johnny Smith
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Johnny Smith »

See you in 2016,

If anyone is still there by then......

thunderfromdownunder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by thunderfromdownunder »

He's a quality punter but he's committed to Oregon State for 2015 with a full scholarship according to the Oregonian and his own social media, so I'm not sure why he'd be interested in Hawaii. From everything I read he's only ever played punter as well. Great to see he's moved on from Snow to D1 football though and hope he has a great time at the Beavers, he'll do very well.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

We should recruit three or four of these guys at one time.

Then we can run a punter wildcat where punter #1 options to punter #2 on the end around. :-$

Johnny Smith
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Johnny Smith »

thunderfromdownunder wrote:He's a quality punter but he's committed to Oregon State for 2015 with a full scholarship according to the Oregonian and his own social media, so I'm not sure why he'd be interested in Hawaii. From everything I read he's only ever played punter as well. Great to see he's moved on from Snow to D1 football though and hope he has a great time at the Beavers, he'll do very well.
Yes, and UH had a chance to recruit him but sat on their hands.

And as for the comment that he's only ever played punter - I get it.

thunderfromdownunder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by thunderfromdownunder »

Bit harsh in relation to 'getting excited about punters' comment. As an Aussie living in the US I've had to rely on us producing only punters for quite a while but it's great to see we have some new talent like Adam Gotsis at GT, Blake Muir at Baylor and of course Harding.

Porebski is one of the prokick guys I think and most of those guys are worth getting excited about. Look forward to watching him at Oregon State.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

thunderfromdownunder wrote:Bit harsh in relation to 'getting excited about punters' comment. As an Aussie living in the US I've had to rely on us producing only punters for quite a while but it's great to see we have some new talent like Adam Gotsis at GT, Blake Muir at Baylor and of course Harding.

Porebski is one of the prokick guys I think and most of those guys are worth getting excited about. Look forward to watching him at Oregon State.
No worries mate. You already know that there is a lot of harshness in the noise of an anonymous public forum. The good thing about sportshawaii is that the volume level is low compared to other places.

Most of us are happy to see great professional talent come through our amateur program, Punters are worth millions at the next level. And if they can play other positions, holy crap --- why not?