Going Back to the Spread ...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Going Back to the Spread ...

Post by HawaiianHogster »

You guys don't give anyone a chance. LOL. What? Chow can't change? He can't adopt? When he does it is only because he his desperate of losing his job. Why can't Chow change because he has learned the old ways don't work here in Hawaii? Why can't he change because what he has on the field as far as players and depth is best utilized differently?

Let's beat the coach to death before he has a chance to redeem himself. Jeeze Luise.

While your at it why don't you bash on the players as well? They are the finished product. The ones that play it out on the field.

What about the new coaches? They haven't done anything yet but be coaches at UH. We should bash them for doing that. Why give them a chance? They are on the same team with Chow.

All I'm saying is there was major differences in the way the team played from year one to year two. Why would there not be another major difference in the way they play in year three? Are you guys that blind? You don't see past the win/loss column? I noticed a big difference as well as everyone else in our tailgating party in the way the team played, they never gave up, and almost pulled out the the biggest comeback in UH history. This is the year the win/loss column will look tons better. However it will be because the team played better than last year.

Progression is what I'm looking for. Chow is headed in the right direction. If they played worse their second year I would be bashing Chow myself. Instead I will give him a chance to prove himself one more year. With the progression from year one to year two there is no reason to believe he won't prove himself in year three.

That is where I stand. Aloha.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
Let's beat the coach to death before he has a chance to redeem himself. Jeeze Luise.

he shouldnt have been hired in the first place.

i dont want him to redeem himself, i want him to leave.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

xer 21 wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote:

"Redeem"... like in coupons? Once they're traded in, they expire? Is that how it works? Then again, maybe that's what he's looking for, a winning season to retire from which puts us back to square one.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

HawaiianHogster wrote:

All I'm saying is there was major differences in the way the team played from year one to year two. Why would there not be another major difference in the way they play in year three? Are you guys that blind? You don't see past the win/loss column?

With the progression from year one to year two there is no reason to believe he won't prove himself in year three.

That is where I stand. Aloha.
Coach Chow is not a good coach. He traded in Rolovich for a horrible coach who subsequently quit in year one. Rolovich subsequently beat us to a pulp the following years. He traded in Aranda for another horrible coach who got axed in year two. Aranda is DC for a national powerhouse...one which will probably pound us to a pulp in future years on a regular basis. Coach changed the players name to Imua and then changed it back again. I'm sorry, but I don't see much progress. Yes, the win/loss column is a big deal both financially and spiritually.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

xer 21 wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote:

It really doesn't matter to me who wins the smartest "fan on sidelines" contest.

I just want us to start winning football games.

westside.gee
High-quality H20 provider

Post by westside.gee »

I just don't like it when he says "I've never been a head coach before" as if it's a reason to validate some of his mistakes and at the same time prove that we shouldn't have hired him in the first place.

FMSD
MLB: Mets
NBA: Magic
NFL: Tampa Bay

Post by FMSD »

westside.gee wrote:I just don't like it when he says "I've never been a head coach before" as if it's a reason to validate some of his mistakes and at the same time prove that we shouldn't have hired him in the first place.
This is absolutely correct. When you take a position in any organization, the understanding is that you are ready and have enough experience. Sure you have a team of folks who can assist but ultimately, you are responsible. Using any form of comment like "I've never been a head coach before" screams of lack of preparedness. Try using an excuse similar to that at any Fortune 500 company.

*** LOCKED BY THE MODERATORS.. THREAD HAS GONE WAY BEYOND THE OP ***