Multipurpose Facility Study

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Multipurpose Facility Study

Post by J-Rod »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/233269860/Mul ... lity-Study

Interesting. I'm sure that 30K number will sting for some fans, but at least these talks are becoming more real.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Multipurpose Facility Study

Post by My3Cats »

In addition to football, soccer, and rugby the size of the field of play will also allow for lacrosse.

Oh yeah! I can just see lacrosse being really big here!

:lol:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I like that it's being discussed and we have some visual tangible images of what a new stadium could look like. I'm not sure of how I feel of it being a 30-40,000 seat stadium since it's a step back from Aloha's 50,000 seat capacity but considering what UH could muster up the past decade even when the football team was winning, it seams reasonable. I just hope they design it in a way that it can be expanded if demand for more capacity is demanded.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

interesting read. thinking about the smaller stadium, I'm thinking the NFL may stop bringing the pro bowl here since they wouldn't be able to sell as many tickets.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

at least it will look full...

jrboi96786
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jrboi96786 »

I think 30K is a good start. As long as they keep the stadium open-ended for expansion in the future.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Wow that stadium looks amazing! If I was a billionaire like Phil Knight I would gladly sponsor this lol

vailima
All-conference
All-conference

Post by vailima »

that would be tight!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Add twice the cost ... we all know how well UH supervises their building enterprises.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

legalize gambling in Hawaii and this thing will be paid for in no time...

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

It will look empty when we get left behind by all the conferences and we are playing intramural sports there.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

TheDuke wrote:It will look empty when we get left behind by all the conferences and we are playing intramural sports there.
Great point! I'm very afraid that it 's only a matter of time that the MWC will drop us and we will lose D1 status. We are the odd man out.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

poidog wrote:legalize gambling in Hawaii and this thing will be paid for in no time...
Legalize pot and we can buy three stadiums.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

SM96753 wrote:
TheDuke wrote:It will look empty when we get left behind by all the conferences and we are playing intramural sports there.
Great point! I'm very afraid that it 's only a matter of time that the MWC will drop us and we will lose D1 status. We are the odd man out.

As long as we keep paying the schools to fly here they have no reason to kick us out. We draw more fans than most MWC schools. When they start winning this year the fans will return.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
SM96753 wrote:

As long as we keep paying the schools to fly here they have no reason to kick us out. We draw more fans than most MWC schools. When they start winning this year the fans will return.
Yup...and how much longer will we be able to afford paying the $125,000/per team to play us in Hawaii? We're in big financial trouble!