Schools aiming to improve fan amenities

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Schools aiming to improve fan amenities

Post by HawaiianHogster »

It appears that Hawaii is not the only college that is concerned about losing their fans and students. I don't know if these things would bring in the students and fans for Hawaii but I think a fan friendly new stadium would be a good starting place.

The national epidemic of declining attendance, most troublingly among students, has spurred athletic departments across the country to get creative in improving their football stadium fan amenities, while also investing heavily in the most obvious of solutions.
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id ... -amenities
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

415hawaiiboy
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Re: Schools aiming to improve fan amenities

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

Seems like many of these power conference fans are complaining about the high ticket prices and other ways to extract money from hard core fans. At some point in a "boom" cycle (where there is only so much "luxury" demand), a bust happens when there are more empty seats. Prices fall, and the markets stabilize, and then the boom market begins.

Is this a part of a down cycle, or is this a sign of a larger trend (price points and "values" in-line with pro football, thus lack of differentiation)? From the Michigan football article, seems like there is a segment out there that love college sports for the pure-ness of the game. I'm one of them.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

I've been saying all along that they need better cellular connectivity and wifi centers throughout the Stadium as well as a few big screen stations where some fans can sit and watch the game and according to that article.
Concerned by the decline in national college football attendance, the Big Ten last year formed a game-day experience subcommittee, which found that boosted cellular service and Wi-Fi availability throughout a stadium was paramount.

Previously, Penn State was the only Big Ten program with stadium Wi-Fi. But this summer, Wisconsin announced it would be spending $6.2 million to install a Wi-Fi network at Camp Randall Stadium for the upcoming season. Earlier this year, Nebraska's regents approved $12.3 million for a Wi-Fi and sound system project for its stadium. Ohio State and Illinois could soon have Wi-Fi capability in their stadiums, as well.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

The whole money deal with college athletics has me less interested in college athletics overall. Still follow basketball some. Everyone seems to be getting more greedy and the difference between the have and have nots are getting larger. We just happen to be a have not.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

The way d1 football is heading, many lower BCS schools will soon be doomed