2015 13th game and some righteous bucks, perhaps

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

2015 13th game and some righteous bucks, perhaps

Post by BigWave96744 »

Just found a way for Ben Jay in bring in a million bucks next year
Tide on 2015 schedule hole: ‘Right now we’d take anybody’

Posted by John Taylor on May 29, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
The 2014 season has yet to even kick off, and Alabama’s athletic director already has one eye planted firmly on 2015. Or, more specifically, the glaring hole in the Tide’s 2015 schedule.

Alabama currently has Wisconsin, Louisiana-Lafayette and, reportedly, an FCS opponent for that season and… well, that’s it. Thanks to the SEC opting to remain at an eight-game conference schedule, the Tide is desperately seeking a fourth non-conference opponent for 2015.

“We’ve called everybody we know,” AD Bill Battle told CBSSports.com. “Right now we’d take anybody.”
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... e-anybody/

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2015 13th game and some righteous bucks, perhaps

Post by J-Rod »

For old times sake, that would be pretty awesome.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Love the idea. Already got two body bag games for buku bucks in Ohio State and Wisconsin. Alabama's million dollars added to that should put the athletic department into the black for 2015.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

My3Cats wrote:Love the idea. Already got two body bag games for buku bucks in Ohio State and Wisconsin. Alabama's million dollars added to that should put the athletic department into the black for 2015.
Ironic isn't it? When we have a not-so-great team, the big boys wanna schedule us the same way we schedule FCS teams, to fill the void. But, there's the chance for the big pay-off for the chance of getting the athletic department in less debt. On the other hand, when we have good teams, the big boys stay away or complain, thus putting the budget out of whack. So what should it be?

The possibility of having 3 games like this, combined with the recent history of the type of team we've had on the field, (don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work and effort that the players, coaches and staff put out) I'd be worried for the players safety... it's almost like para-phrasing a well known quote from a U.S. President in the 60s, "Ask not what your university can do for you, but what you can do for your university"

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

The way Alabama spends money on their coaches they could afford to pay us 2 million dollars.
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

From a financial stand point, going to Alabama for a 13th game and a 1M+ payout makes sense.
As of 1/1/2014, the payout for winning 6+ games and going to the Hawaii Bowl is only $650,000 and playing some team from the AAC (aka former CUSA).

But if Hawaii were to finish at 6-7 because of losing to Alabama, they would still make over $350,000 than if they finished at 6-6 and went to the Hawaii Bowl.
http://www.statisticbrain.com/college-b ... e-payouts/

I'm not saying we turn into Body Bag university, because we already play at Ohio State and at Wisconsin in 2015, but sadly when you got no money, you gotta look at other ways to bring in the $$$

HOW YOU FIGGAH?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

HawaiianHogster wrote:They way Alabama spends money on their coaches they could afford to pay us 2 million dollars.
Plus reports are circling that Bama my also sweeten the pot with a Home-and-Home series

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Actually, the AAC are the remnants of the old Big East. CUSA is still CUSA, just weaker (Sun Belt infused) because the better teams have moved to the AAC. The Hawaii Bowl is contracted with CUSA. Bite the bullet Ben J. Take the money and run. Gear up for a better 2016 for the program.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

My3Cats wrote:Actually, the AAC are the remnants of the old Big East. CUSA is still CUSA, just weaker (Sun Belt infused) because the better teams have moved to the AAC. The Hawaii Bowl is contracted with CUSA. Bite the bullet Ben J. Take the money and run. Gear up for a better 2016 for the program.
Top team from the Big East Bolted to other BCS conf
Top teams from CUSA went to the AAC
Top teams from the Sun Belt went to CUSA
Old WAC rejects went to the Sun Belt. Thank GOD Hawaii wasn't in this boat :o

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

BigWave96744 wrote:
My3Cats wrote:Actually, the AAC are the remnants of the old Big East. CUSA is still CUSA, just weaker (Sun Belt infused) because the better teams have moved to the AAC. The Hawaii Bowl is contracted with CUSA. Bite the bullet Ben J. Take the money and run. Gear up for a better 2016 for the program.
Top team from the Big East Bolted to other BCS conf
Top teams from CUSA went to the AAC
Top teams from the Sun Belt went to CUSA
Old WAC rejects went to the Sun Belt. Thank GOD Hawaii wasn't in this boat :o
I disagree. I think SJSU, Utah St., La Tech, and Hawaii would've been fine to anchor the WAC. I think we made a deal with the devil and gotta live with it now.