Wins enough games to save his job
38%

Total votes: 34

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: What happens to Norm Chow in '14?

Post by 808Hawaii »

madeinhawaii wrote:I think we should ask, what would you do if Chow returns in 2015?
Only watch when they're on national TV. Listen to the radio otherwise.
I am the one who knocks.

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

madeinhawaii wrote:I think we should ask, what would you do if Chow returns in 2015?
I've already cut my donations--nothing to do about whine about on various message boards at this point.

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

Keeping Chow would make us look cheap.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Birdman316 wrote:Keeping Chow would make us look cheap.
Um, we ARE cheap.
I am the one who knocks.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

808Hawaii wrote:
Birdman316 wrote:Keeping Chow would make us look cheap.
Um, we ARE cheap.
UH not cheap. They feed a lot of lawyers. They suck out 400 million from tax payers... get 500 million from other sources... and pay huge early retirement benefits to ADs, Chancellors, ex-Coaches, etc. AND, they keep keep increasing tuition to make that all happen!

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Nothing.

Chow will be here another year, no way can UH afford to pay dead money to Chow and pay another HC at the same time.

Sorry people, you can put away all your head coaching nominees for another year.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Makana wrote:Nothing.

Chow will be here another year, no way can UH afford to pay dead money to Chow and pay another HC at the same time.

Sorry people, you can put away all your head coaching nominees for another year.
If Chow comes back in 2015 and doesn't win two or more of the remaining games. They are planning to kill the program and downsize the Athletic's Department while putting the blame on the "fair-weather' fans.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Watch Oregon, Wisconsin, Notre Dame...and others play football. It has become impossible and pointless to watch the Rainblows play football. No, I don't think hiring Dino Babers would improve our lot any. The Bowling Green birdies not only got blown out in epic proportions by Wisconsin, but by the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers as well.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I will have to weigh my options whether to buy season tickets again or not. I may opt out of buying them if Chow stays. I might show my disapproval of UH for keeping him buy supporting other colleges that want athletics to be strong. Even though my native Razorbacks are struggling in conference the whole state fully supports their athletic programs. Arkansas University is not the state school. Arkansas State University is the state school. Maybe the athletic programs need a non-state college to be successful.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

SundayJam wrote:
Watch Oregon, Wisconsin, Notre Dame...and others play football. It has become impossible and pointless to watch the Rainblows play football. No, I don't think hiring Dino Babers would improve our lot any. The Bowling Green birdies not only got blown out in epic proportions by Wisconsin, but by the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers as well.
We need the fan base to get fired up. Bringing back the RNS would be a step in the right direction.
I am the one who knocks.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

After another dismal season in 2014, AD Ben Jay has a discussion with HC Norm Chow and requires him to improve his offensive production by restructuring his Offensive coaching staff. He requires the Head Coach to hire a new OC and replacements at QB coach and WR coach in order to remain at UH.

Coach Chow, not being a quitter, reluctantly agrees and after some thought, acknowledges that his decision making in previous years has negatively affected the team's performance and decides to rectify them. He makes the decision to hire Nick Rolovich and bring him back home to become the OC and HC in training. Because of budgetary constraints, he hires a QB coach willing to work at an Assistant Coaches minimum base salary named Colt Brennan. He approves another applicant for WR coach, willing to work in Hawaii, again at minimum base salary named Craig Stutzmann.

With his newly formed Offensive coaching staff and his existing defensive staff, they improve the team's performance in 2015 with a spread offense, to a winning season of 7-6. In 2016, they improve to 9-4. In 2017, the Head Coach gracefully retires, and the University of Hawaii promotes the OC Rolovich to Head Coach. They then proceed to win the 2017 MWC Championship and begins the domination of the MWC for years to come. . .

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:After another dismal season in 2014, AD Ben Jay has a discussion with HC Norm Chow and requires him to improve his offensive production by restructuring his Offensive coaching staff. He requires the Head Coach to hire a new OC and replacements at QB coach and WR coach in order to remain at UH.

Coach Chow, not being a quitter, reluctantly agrees and after some thought, acknowledges that his decision making in previous years has negatively affected the team's performance and decides to rectify them. He makes the decision to hire Nick Rolovich and bring him back home to become the OC and HC in training. Because of budgetary constraints, he hires a QB coach willing to work at an Assistant Coaches minimum base salary named Colt Brennan. He approves another applicant for WR coach, willing to work in Hawaii, again at minimum base salary named Craig Stutzmann.

With his newly formed Offensive coaching staff and his existing defensive staff, they improve the team's performance in 2015 with a spread offense, to a winning season of 7-6. In 2016, they improve to 9-4. In 2017, the Head Coach gracefully retires, and the University of Hawaii promotes the OC Rolovich to Head Coach. They then proceed to win the 2017 MWC Championship and begins the domination of the MWC for years to come. . .
NO. Just fire him already. Chow will have $750K in his pocket and retire. No need to feel sorry for him. Fire him then move on.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:
SundayJam wrote:
We need the fan base to get fired up. Bringing back the RNS would be a step in the right direction.
Have some big brahdas talk him into retirement...where is Bumpy Kanahele these days? Is he a UH FB fan?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:After another dismal season in 2014, AD Ben Jay has a discussion with HC Norm Chow and requires him to improve his offensive production by restructuring his Offensive coaching staff. He requires the Head Coach to hire a new OC and replacements at QB coach and WR coach in order to remain at UH.

Haha...either you're high or you're drinking too much Kool-Aide...with NC at the helm, this ain't happening, sorry buddy. How many times has he ran it up the middle and he still can't even change that? You think he's gonna change his staff and coaching philosophies? Yeah right...
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

How about Chow as AD, and hire new football coach. I expect the hate, but I'd try for June Jones again. Or, offer Rolo, or though I doubt he'd come - offer Ken Niumatalolo
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."