QB, Eric Prater to walk-on to UH.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

QB, Eric Prater to walk-on to UH.

Post by Sportsbow »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERIC PRATER Image QB, 6-2, 210 lbs.
(NAU - Flagstaff, AZ)
(Will Walk-on to UH)

(Signed with NAU in 2009 and redshirted, then joined the Army for a couple of years and was deployed overseas as part of the US Army Airborne Special Forces unit. He will have 4 years to play 4.)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrNOrLr2vw

Warrior Beat: http://warriorbeat.staradvertiserblogs. ... s-walk-on/

Eric Prater twitter https://twitter.com/EricPrater9

northwesteliteindex.com article: http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/2013 ... ic-prater/

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: QB, Eric Prater to walk-on to UH.

Post by Makana »

Good luck to you Eric!!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Thank u for your service

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

92 mph fastball? Maybe the BaseBows need him more.

Optimus
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Optimus »

Duster wrote:92 mph fastball? Maybe the BaseBows need him more.
No doubt

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

I think it will come down to Prater or Reilly IF Wittek does not transfer here with Higgins the darkhorse. I just don't think Woolsey has the necessary decision making skills going by his lone start last year against Fresno State to be the guy - if Schroeder had not been so successful almost bringing Hawaii back to win. I know Woolsey was only a redshirt frosh and would very much like him to succeed since he seems like a good kid however that Fresno State game was like night and day between Woolsey/Schroeder. Same situation in preseason practices last year, Woolsey showed promise however an actual game is different from practice. I don't want to leave Graham out of the picture since he did some good things in spurts however could never put it all together in a complete game like Schroeder did. Prater has a cannon arm and looks accurate in that video however that is without a rush so it remains to be seen what kind of decision making skills he has in an actual game but he looks like Derek Carr passing in drills. Reilly I think he won on the high school level where pulled out some games against good teams if I'm thinking of the right person so he remains a person to watch.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I think he will take awhile to learn the offense. Same with Reilly. I think Graham will start with Woolsey at #2.
ImageImage

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

He looks like Bobby Bouchet. :lol:

How many college teams have a special forces veteran and a former Navy Seal on their roster? Can't be very many. Real mentally strong guys.

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

If Graham (USC) and Woolsey (Fresno St) play like last year in their respective games they started you have to make the switch as I stated in my previous posts - Graham in the 2nd quarter after he threw his 3rd INT Chow should have gone to Schroeder and I think UH possibly wins the game against USC because of how well the defense played (Best D played since the Tomey/Wags days) and they could give the QB a little more time to throw last year unlike the previous year (kudos should go to Chris Naeole also); and Woolsey after they went down 21-0 instead of 42-0 when Chow finally made the switch to Schroeder I think it was since you probably would win that game making the switch sooner. That was my only pet peeve with Norm Chow...otherwise I think he is recruiting his butt off having every coach recruit...well maybe relinquish the play calling to Jordan Wynn also since the clock management at end of games was another thing but he may have finally did that at season's end I heard.
I really think if Prater or Reilly has the decision-making skills necessary within them, they will do well even if they are freshman. That is the key to a QB is their decision-making on where to go with the ball with pressure which is why there are many 1st round QB busts in the NFL. And so far only Schroeder has proven he has that but he is now graduated and I thnk Higgins has shown flashes which is why I think you have to give the incoming freshman a shot.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

He should seriously try out for the Baseball team.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

BigWave96744 wrote:
Coaches should give him reps during practice, and see what happens. Being a special operations ranger in the Army shows he has mental toughness and discipline to be successful. His video during a practice shows he does have an arm and can be accurate.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

BigWave96744 wrote:
Sounds like he's playing the wrong sport. If he truly throws 92, the kid's got a big league arm.
I am the one who knocks.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

808Hawaii wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:
Sounds like he's playing the wrong sport. If he truly throws 92, the kid's got a big league arm.
They key is can he throw strikes?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

quikfeat wrote:If Graham (USC) and Woolsey (Fresno St) play like last year in their respective games they started you have to make the switch as I stated in my previous posts - Graham in the 2nd quarter after he threw his 3rd INT Chow should have gone to Schroeder and I think UH possibly wins the game against USC because of how well the defense played (Best D played since the Tomey/Wags days) and they could give the QB a little more time to throw last year unlike the previous year (kudos should go to Chris Naeole also); and Woolsey after they went down 21-0 instead of 42-0 when Chow finally made the switch to Schroeder I think it was since you probably would win that game making the switch sooner. That was my only pet peeve with Norm Chow...otherwise I think he is recruiting his butt off having every coach recruit...well maybe relinquish the play calling to Jordan Wynn also since the clock management at end of games was another thing but he may have finally did that at season's end I heard.
I really think if Prater or Reilly has the decision-making skills necessary within them, they will do well even if they are freshman. That is the key to a QB is their decision-making on where to go with the ball with pressure which is why there are many 1st round QB busts in the NFL. And so far only Schroeder has proven he has that but he is now graduated and I thnk Higgins has shown flashes which is why I think you have to give the incoming freshman a shot.
Woolsey has been playing injured. If he keeps taking the kind of hits he has been getting we may see Reilly sooner than later. It has been a while wjere I have seen a starter make it thru the whole season. We need at least 2 who can go. This season we needed 4 maybe more. We still got a lot of games to go.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

The problem with the past two weeks is that we haven't had the ball enough for Woolsey to mess up. He's been doing decent, not great, but also not terrible to get replaced. I do want him to be replaced, but hopefully the trigger finally gets pulled this weekend