Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

UH wants to construct own football stadium

Post by Irse »

Premium SA story

http://www.staradvertiser.com/newspremi ... =250439361
The UH-Manoa Athletic Department is apparently exploring the idea of building a 30,000-seat outdoor multipurpose stadium, drafting a request for quotes for architectural design services and conceptual renderings.
ImageImage

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Re: UH wants to construct own football stadium

Post by krazychinaman »

about f-ing time!!!!!!!!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Wow.

Sweet Lei Mokihana
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Los Angelas Dodgers
NBA: AnybodybutLakers&Heat
NFL: Cardinals and Seahawks

Post by Sweet Lei Mokihana »

I thought I'd never live to see the day. It's only planning but I never thought it'd even get there.

Hope it comes to fruition.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

The idea is admirable.

The reality - not so much.

Otherwise, the perennial power-houses have stadiums right on the campus, so ... .

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Get plenny room on upper campus. Just bulldoze Bachman Hall! :flower:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Typical Hawai'i, takes forever to embrace and realize the need for positive change. I hope they pull their heads out of their okoles and make it actually happen.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

I am unable to login to SA website. With that being said, did they say where the money for this 30,000 seat stadium is supposed to come from?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Check out this link if you aren't a staradvertiser subscriber
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2498 ... ew-stadium

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

I have a question-If the goal is for us to be a future "Pac 16" team, if and when realignment comes around, is a 30,000 seat stadium attractive to that possibility? Even during JJ's tenure, I would believe there was a slight chance...I mean, no offense to Coach Chow, but with the state of the football team, and the whole athletic program as a whole, (Big West, really?! Except for baseball, we should be killin' it. Sorry.) I think our chances for that are "none" and "fat chance". I know there are those that believe that perhaps we're in-over-our-heads, and should drop down to Div. II, but now I'm afraid that there'll be "die-hards" that may start jumping onto that bandwagon.

I would think a minimum 45,000 may give us a chance, coupled with the obvious strong, consistent football team, one resembling Boise St. and uh-hmm, BYU's past successes, along with perennially solid, top 3 in-conference performances from all other sports.

Then again, maybe my dreams for the University are a little loftier than others...

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

I think 30,000 is a bit too small.

40,000 would be alright.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

WA Warrior wrote:Typical Hawai'i, takes forever to embrace and realize the need for positive change. I hope they pull their heads out of their okoles and make it actually happen.
+1000! :hello1: Well said WA Warrior...HOWEVA! they won't make it happen.....why? That's cuz stay HARD! Hard to be Hawaii? :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

SectionACrazy wrote:I have a question-If the goal is for us to be a future "Pac 16" team, if and when realignment comes around, is a 30,000 seat stadium attractive to that possibility? Even during JJ's tenure, I would believe there was a slight chance...I mean, no offense to Coach Chow, but with the state of the football team, and the whole athletic program as a whole, (Big West, really?! Except for baseball, we should be killin' it. Sorry.) I think our chances for that are "none" and "fat chance". I know there are those that believe that perhaps we're in-over-our-heads, and should drop down to Div. II, but now I'm afraid that there'll be "die-hards" that may start jumping onto that bandwagon.

I would think a minimum 45,000 may give us a chance, coupled with the obvious strong, consistent football team, one resembling Boise St. and uh-hmm, BYU's past successes, along with perennially solid, top 3 in-conference performances from all other sports.

Then again, maybe my dreams for the University are a little loftier than others...
Hawai'i can never be a BSU or old BYU cause they fail at the management level, sh!t they can't come to grips about the name change. So much freakin' energy and resources went to changing it back by the old folks when their efforts should have been retaining the talent UH had and building for the future. There will be a flurry of posts of "have to believe" or "I still believe" or "there's always hope" but there's also a cultural and systemic trend, and that trend is that people don't understand where that change needs to be made (at the top). Unfortunately, until the management (can't call them leadership) pulls their heads out of their okoles and get the majority of the public going in one collective direction. It'll be the same ole same ole.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

like the idea, hope they plan out possibilities for expansion during the design stage. state of hawaii owns aloha stadium, so don't think they'll pony money up without strings. I wonder if kickstarter could handle something the size of a stadium build - would be pretty cool to build it that way.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote:like the idea, hope they plan out possibilities for expansion during the design stage. state of hawaii owns aloha stadium, so don't think they'll pony money up without strings. I wonder if kickstarter could handle something the size of a stadium build - would be pretty cool to build it that way.
:o Sounds like you're talking about RAIL?! :lol: :lol: How's that turning out for us? :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden