UH wants to construct own football stadium

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: UH wants to construct own football stadium

Post by HawaiianHogster »

When they build it they should leave room to expand as needed. Once they start selling out they will lose money for not having enough seats available. I've seen stadiums able to add 5000 or more seats to accommodate sell out crowds. Once we are in the PAC24 or whatever we will need more then 50,000 seats.

If they plan on going down a division or two they should use Cooke Field. They will be lucky to get 5000 fans for that every year.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

HawaiianHogster wrote:When they build it they should leave room to expand as needed. Once they start selling out they will lose money for not having enough seats available. I've seen stadiums able to add 5000 or more seats to accommodate sell out crowds. Once we are in the PAC24 or whatever we will need more then 50,000 seats.

If they plan on going down a division or two they should use Cooke Field. They will be lucky to get 5000 fans for that every year.
saw this on one of TV station web sites:

"The Stadium Authority will host an open house where the public can weigh in. It’s scheduled for July 10 at the Aloha Stadium Hospitality Room beginning at 5 p.m."

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

UnBiasFan wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote:When they build it they should leave room to expand as needed. Once they start selling out they will lose money for not having enough seats available. I've seen stadiums able to add 5000 or more seats to accommodate sell out crowds. Once we are in the PAC24 or whatever we will need more then 50,000 seats.

You better believe that the plan is to make UH a much smaller percentage of their revenue. In fact, I suspect they will create a business plan that takes into account UH not being there.

Again ... I still don't know who "they" is and what "they" have in mind.

But I highly doubt the smaller stadium idea came from the fans.
I smell a rat for sure. All the negative things happening to our athletic department lately, has me thinking that many people want them to fail and are going to do everything in their power to make it happen. I don't see it any other way. That is so lame.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
UnBiasFan wrote:

You better believe that the plan is to make UH a much smaller percentage of their revenue. In fact, I suspect they will create a business plan that takes into account UH not being there.

Again ... I still don't know who "they" is and what "they" have in mind.

But I highly doubt the smaller stadium idea came from the fans.
I smell a rat for sure. All the negative things happening to our athletic department lately, has me thinking that many people want them to fail and are going to do everything in their power to make it happen. I don't see it any other way. That is so lame.

I am not big on conspiracy theories. But I definitely don't believe that things will automatically follow a direction that is dictated by what is best for the public.

People need to ask questions and don't just go along with the plantation every time.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

UnBiasFan wrote:

saw this on one of TV station web sites:

"The Stadium Authority will host an open house where the public can weigh in. It’s scheduled for July 10 at the Aloha Stadium Hospitality Room beginning at 5 p.m."

The thing is I don't want the stadium authority or anyone else having anything to do with a UH football stadium. They will mess it up. UH needs a stadium where all the proceeds goes to the athletic department.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

HawaiianHogster wrote:The thing is I don't want the stadium authority or anyone else having anything to do with a UH football stadium. They will mess it up. UH needs a stadium where all the proceeds goes to the athletic department.
Problem is.....that UH also has already demonstrated that they would probably mess up any new stadium too.....like they have thus far with the Ching Complex project.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

kapakahi wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote:The thing is I don't want the stadium authority or anyone else having anything to do with a UH football stadium. They will mess it up. UH needs a stadium where all the proceeds goes to the athletic department.
Problem is.....that UH also has already demonstrated that they would probably mess up any new stadium too.....like they have thus far with the Ching Complex project.
You are correct. Question is how did it happen?

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
kapakahi wrote:
You are correct. Question is how did it happen?
'Cuz there are just "too many cooks in the kitchen"......from both Upper Campus & Lower Campus.....with no one entity in charge......with diluted responsibility......and therefore diluted authority (i.e., everyone deferring to each other)......resulting in slow and indecisive decision-making......since only by consensus.

Sometimes too many checks and balances is not a good thing.

The Ching Complex project is a perfect example of......Paralysis by Over-Analysis.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:read: And lucky we live in HAWAII? :roll: Just once, I would love to see this STATE get it right from the get go! :- Neva gonna happen! Hard to be Hawaii!
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden