Pros and cons about the Lamar win!!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Pros and cons about the Lamar win!!!!

Post by couz808 »

Pros :hello1: :

Big win even though it was lamar and 1st for Norm Chow!

Warrior Walk looks like its gonna be a great tradition.

Link

Cons [-X :

Lot of drunk idiots in the stands. see video!

Link

Was kinna quiet without vili the warrior. We need to hurry up and find a mascot fast.

Long lines at the box office. They need an express lane just like at Murakami stadium for people who dont really care where they sit.

I forgot how expensive it is to buy food and drinks at aloha stadium.
Last edited by couz808 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Re: Pros and cons about the Lamar win!!!!

Post by sarvicdar »

Pros-

Warriors enter next week's game with a lot of momentum with Nevada. Both Nevada and UH played FCS opponents at home this past weekend. Where Hawaii pretty much dominated, played mistake free ball and minimized penalties against Lamar in a 52 point win, Nevada struggled against Northwestern State, giving up 585 offensive yards and adding up a lot of penalties in a 45-34 win (a game in which Nevada was listed as 31 point favorites).

Warrior Walk. Decent crowd. Student section seemed spirited (picture I saw on UH's website looked impressive, especially seeing many of the students in the school's colors; enthused, supportive). Two special team's touchdowns. Easily can see that UH has room for improvement (even in a game they dominated). Offensive line allowing no sacks.

The defense holding Lamar to 1-12 on third down conversions.

Coach Chow's post game comments (you got to love him):

On his young team…
“We’re not young anymore. We have to get over that. We have experience. We have two games under our belts.”

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/photo_ga ... allery=185

Picture of Coach Chow on the sideline (you got to love him...and it pretty much confirms to what someone wrote regarding Coach Chow's sideline attire during the USC game).

Game ball: Coach Chow

Cons-

3-11 on third down conversions. Injuries to key players. Offense incurring three false starts and a delay of game penalty. Too many Tv timeouts (j/k).

Vegas releasing a late line on the game (gees, by then it was too late).

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o CONs....so, we didn't fair well versus USC and we blew out LAMAR...with injuries...now we play NEVADA with ROLO in all of our minds set thinking....where are we as a Football program? At home versus Nevada I like a chances...but, :o I don't know. Are we good enough to beat Nevada at our home turf? The WOLF PACK looks really good this year on both sides of the ball..... :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote::o CONs....so, we didn't fair well versus USC and we blew out LAMAR...with injuries...now we play NEVADA with ROLO in all of our minds set thinking....where are we as a Football program? At home versus Nevada I like a chances...but, :o I don't know. Are we good enough to beat Nevada at our home turf? The WOLF PACK looks really good this year on both sides of the ball..... :-
Yup...I said many times this off-season that Reno will be the first true barometer. USC is in a different echelon than UH, as is Lamar. Can't judge the team one way or the other.

Nevada's offense is great. Their defense is horrendous. Coughed up 585 total yards to Northwestern STATE. Now we get to see what UH is made of. Tough 3-game run coming up. Don't play well, and it could easily be an 0-3 run.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

J-Rod wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote::o CONs....so, we didn't fair well versus USC and we blew out LAMAR...with injuries...now we play NEVADA with ROLO in all of our minds set thinking....where are we as a Football program? At home versus Nevada I like a chances...but, :o I don't know. Are we good enough to beat Nevada at our home turf? The WOLF PACK looks really good this year on both sides of the ball..... :-
Yup...I said many times this off-season that Reno will be the first true barometer. USC is in a different echelon than UH, as is Lamar. Can't judge the team one way or the other.

Nevada's offense is great. Their defense is horrendous. Coughed up 585 total yards to Northwestern STATE. Now we get to see what UH is made of. Tough 3-game run coming up. Don't play well, and it could easily be an 0-3 run.
Warriors has the opposite problem from Nevada, the Warrior Defense is good but the offense is still a work in progress. So its going to be who's special teams is better to determine the winner next week. The Nevada game is going to a close game.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Pros: I like the new offense. Still needs some tweaking. Our defense is good to go and well prepared.

Cons: We can't afford to have injuries to key players. We are getting thin.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:

I hope grumpy will force Rolo to run the ball against us.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

Pros-

According to the school's website the game was televised live (free tv) back to Lamar's hometown.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I like it that the special teams scored more points than they gave up.
ImageImage

rbaloha
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by rbaloha »

Pros -- Too many to list. I'll add breaking the huddle and getting lined up with 20 seconds on the play clock.

Cons -- Samia injury. Chow playing SS and Iosefa too long.