***OFFICIAL HAWAII @ USC GAME THREAD***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: ***OFFICIAL HAWAII @ USC GAME THREAD***

Post by madeinhawaii »

Gbert wrote:anyone find out what was the ruling behind the flag on the fake punt?

i was watching some post game stuff and norm said he was going look into why there was a flag... USC said its cause UH didnt have 5 offensive players on the line?
I think it had something to do with the numbers on the player's uniforms. Numbers within a certain range have to be somewhere in the lineup for it to be a legitimate play... or something like that.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

madeinhawaii wrote:
Gbert wrote:anyone find out what was the ruling behind the flag on the fake punt?

i was watching some post game stuff and norm said he was going look into why there was a flag... USC said its cause UH didnt have 5 offensive players on the line?
I think it had something to do with the numbers on the player's uniforms. Numbers within a certain range have to be somewhere in the lineup for it to be a legitimate play... or something like that.

I heard Joey was too close to the line of scrimmage. If he had been two steps further back the numbers would have been correct and the first down would have counted. That is what I heard but I may have heard wrong. :lol:
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:

I heard Joey was too close to the line of scrimmage. If he had been two steps further back the numbers would have been correct and the first down would have counted. That is what I heard but I may have heard wrong. :lol:

See? Football is a numbers game.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com