Post by BigWave96744 »

Michael “Mike” Andrade
Class: Freshman
Position: Defensive Tackle
HT/WT: 6’ 2’’ / 275 lbs

2012:

Prep:
Image Image
A 2012 Graduate of Konawaena High School on the Big Island, where he was coached by Cliff Waters. He played Full Back, Offensive Line, Linebacker and Defensive Line. Amassed 86 total tackles and 36 sacks and was named the BIIF DII Defensive Player of the Year. Was also a three-time Hawaii High School Rodeo Association boys all-around state champion. Runs a 4.7 40.

Link

Personal:
Michael “Mike” Andrade was born in Kealakekua, Hawaii.. Intends to enroll in the college of tropical agriculture. He has 3 sisters and 1 brother. Parents are Michael Andrade of Kealakekua, Hawaii and Joan and Jason Loandro of Kealakekua, Hawaii

Fun Facts:
- Chose Hawaii over Utah State, Eastern Missouri, and a walk on invite to Washington

See Related Stories:
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =146580065
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/20 ... =133737013
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =140677353
http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.de ... tml?nav=11
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/sections ... de-uh.html
http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/tag/mike-andrade/
http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/_ZGLLm ... ndrade.htm http://hawaii.scout.com/a.z?s=219&p=8&c=1&nid=6265348

**********************************************************************************
Ladies and Gentlemen this is Michael "Mike" Andrade

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Re: 2012 Day 98 - Michael "Mike" Andrade

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

"played Full Back, Offensive Line, Linebacker and Defensive Line. Amassed 86 total tackles and 36 sacks and was named the BIIF DII Defensive Player of the Year. Was also a three-time Hawaii High School Rodeo Association boys all-around state champion. Runs a 4.7 40."

6'-2" 275 with 4.7 speed. Played Full back, OL, Linebacker and DL. BIIF DII Defensive Player of the Year. I like "Mike" already!

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by polywarrior4life »

Welcome too warrior nation Michael! He will definitely be a beast in a year or two up front.

Pretty good considering the level of competition on the BI. He was basically tossing guys like rag dolls. Though I don't think he will be tossing guys during the fall. Big, strong bull rusher. Had one play running the ball, but no clips playing the O-line or linebacker position, mainly on the D-line. I wouldn't see him playing the LB position unless he trims weight. I'm sure he will progress as he matures. 4.7? Realistically he doesn't look like he runs a 4.7 at 275? hard to believe with all that much weight. No way to prove it unless he ran for espn rise which I don't think he did since he's not on there site. Good luck though and go gettem!
Last edited by polywarrior4life on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

al
All-conference
All-conference

Post by al »

the next levi stanley.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Al,
I've only heard of Levi Stanley as he was b4 my time. :)
What were his strengths, and how might Mike Andrade be similar? I'm looking forward to seeing Andrade in the urs to come!
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

Possibly in the years to come, When Michael does equal or better than Stanley at UH, then I'll agree. But as far as right now, Imo, not even close.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Levi Stanley was a really strong DT but was slow so running backs could run around him but not through him. I remember watching it happen in the games he played with the Hawaiians at Aloha Stadium. I think Mike is quicker, faster and is a totally different type of player. Could also end up being a DE in 3-4.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Was Levi Stanley in same level as guys like Niko and Al Noga? Again, Levi was before mime. But I watched Niko dominate.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

RedZone wrote:Levi Stanley was a really strong DT but was slow so running backs could run around him but not through him. I remember watching it happen in the games he played with the Hawaiians at Aloha Stadium. I think Mike is quicker, faster and is a totally different type of player. Could also end up being a DE in 3-4.
Really?

Levi Stanley who is Centurians #8 who had tree seasons to rack up his numbers.

Courtesy http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... 80346.html

He led the team in total tackles in 1972 with 113 (63 unassisted) as well as in ’73 with 140 (77 solo). Stanley held the UH record in career total tackles with 366 until Solomon Elimimian broke the mark last season.”

About how Stanley was the key to their defense, Price (who was defensive coordinator at UH before becoming head coach in 1974) said: “I was running the George Allen defense and in the George Allen-type defense, the inside left tackle is the key guy on the defense. You’ve got to have at least two guys to be able to block him. And he keeps everybody from blocking the linebacker at the same time. So (Stanley) always played on the left side, on their right guard. And absolutely a killer. There was nobody who could run up the center on us.” (HSB)

About how their 1973 game against Washington (a power in the Pac-8 then) was an example of Stanley’s domination, Price said: “They called a timeout because they were in a situation where there were only 2 minutes left on the clock and they had to decide to go for a first down or kick the field goal to tie the game. They were on something like the 20-yard line, so it would’ve been an easy field goal for them. But I said to the team, they’re not going to kick the field goal. They’re not even going to do a fake field goal. They’re going to run Pete Taggares right over Levi Stanley. That’s what they’re going to do. That’s what they’re going to try and do.” (HSB)

HSB Note: “Taggares, at that time, was a bull of a runner, with 13 touchdown the past two seasons. He’s the guy you go to to get 1 yard.”

About what they discussed during the timeout, Price said: “I called all of them (defensive team) on the side and said, ‘They’ve got fourth down and one here on the 20-yard line. What are they going to do? Levi said, ‘They’re going to try run over me. No way.’ We threw them for a four-yard loss, and the stadium was quiet. And that was the game that really made him.” (HSB)

HSB Note: “A home crowd of 52,500 at Husky Stadium saw Hawaii not only win its opener of the season but were witnesses to dominance at the line of scrimmage by Stanley, who finished the game with an astounding 16 tackles.”

About that game at Washington, Stanley said: “We went in as underdogs. We had had our backs against the wall when we went there. There were a lot of memories but that (win over Washington) was the one that stood out for me.” (HSB)

That sure doesn't sound slow to me.

Like I said, a long shot, but its possible, if he starts as a freshman which will be competitive, and racks up 10-15 tackles a game. Though it will be tough with the way the game is much more advanced.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

polywarrior4life wrote:
RedZone wrote:Levi Stanley was a really strong DT but was slow so running backs could run around him but not through him. I remember watching it happen in the games he played with the Hawaiians at Aloha Stadium. I think Mike is quicker, faster and is a totally different type of player. Could also end up being a DE in 3-4.
Really?

Levi Stanley who is Centurians #8 who had tree seasons to rack up his numbers.

Courtesy http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... 80346.html

He led the team in total tackles in 1972 with 113 (63 unassisted) as well as in ’73 with 140 (77 solo). Stanley held the UH record in career total tackles with 366 until Solomon Elimimian broke the mark last season.”

About how Stanley was the key to their defense, Price (who was defensive coordinator at UH before becoming head coach in 1974) said: “I was running the George Allen defense and in the George Allen-type defense, the inside left tackle is the key guy on the defense. You’ve got to have at least two guys to be able to block him. And he keeps everybody from blocking the linebacker at the same time. So (Stanley) always played on the left side, on their right guard. And absolutely a killer. There was nobody who could run up the center on us.” (HSB)

About how their 1973 game against Washington (a power in the Pac-8 then) was an example of Stanley’s domination, Price said: “They called a timeout because they were in a situation where there were only 2 minutes left on the clock and they had to decide to go for a first down or kick the field goal to tie the game. They were on something like the 20-yard line, so it would’ve been an easy field goal for them. But I said to the team, they’re not going to kick the field goal. They’re not even going to do a fake field goal. They’re going to run Pete Taggares right over Levi Stanley. That’s what they’re going to do. That’s what they’re going to try and do.” (HSB)

HSB Note: “Taggares, at that time, was a bull of a runner, with 13 touchdown the past two seasons. He’s the guy you go to to get 1 yard.”

About what they discussed during the timeout, Price said: “I called all of them (defensive team) on the side and said, ‘They’ve got fourth down and one here on the 20-yard line. What are they going to do? Levi said, ‘They’re going to try run over me. No way.’ We threw them for a four-yard loss, and the stadium was quiet. And that was the game that really made him.” (HSB)

HSB Note: “A home crowd of 52,500 at Husky Stadium saw Hawaii not only win its opener of the season but were witnesses to dominance at the line of scrimmage by Stanley, who finished the game with an astounding 16 tackles.”

About that game at Washington, Stanley said: “We went in as underdogs. We had had our backs against the wall when we went there. There were a lot of memories but that (win over Washington) was the one that stood out for me.” (HSB)

That sure doesn't sound slow to me.

Like I said, a long shot, but its possible, if he starts as a freshman which will be competitive, and racks up 10-15 tackles a game. Though it will be tough with the way the game is much more advanced.
I was a Stanley fan which is one of the reasons I went to the Hawaiian games. Like I said he was very strong and was very hard to run through him but you could use your speed to run around him which is what I saw happen when he was in the pros. Back then the big college teams all tried to run through our defenses. You try to run over Stanley you are just playing to his strength. It was different when he went to the pros.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Let's keep this thread about Mikey instead.

al
All-conference
All-conference

Post by al »

levi ran a 4.7 40. he was lean and mean. he was the bull of waianae.

...nuff said.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

Pros is much more advanced then college ball, thats why only a hand full get drafted and last, many get released.

College will make Mikey get bigger, stronger and faster in the years to come.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Remember, this dude can bring down cattle...

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Might have to play this season.....now that Friel out for the season.