Groundbreaking of the Clarence TC Ching Athletic Complex.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Groundbreaking of the Clarence TC Ching Athletic Complex.

Post by Sportsbow »

hawaiiathletics.com: http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/news/201 ... h=football

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The updated renderings of the Clarence TC Ching Athletic Complex:
http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/sports/2 ... aspx?id=10

Here's the original renderings from 2008.
http://archives.starbulletin.com/2008/0 ... ory02.html

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Groundbreaking of the Clarence TC Ching Athletic Complex

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o So you need Hard hats to hold a frkn lei? :lol: :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

0zker96786
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 0zker96786 »

WHY? Why change the original plan? That is really UGLY!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Why the redesign?

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

Probably cost considerations.
EITSwarrior wrote:Why the redesign?

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

The original design would have looked great years from now. The new design will look dated in a few short years from now. Too bad. The delays cost UH even more than they know.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

They didn't even secured the building permit to start construction yet. So I assume that it's only the groundbreaking ceremony for now.

"Clarence TC Ching Athletic Complex" building permit progress link:
http://dppweb.honolulu.gov/DPPWeb/defau ... d=43805954
(Click on to "Plan Reviews" near the top of the link above to see the progress.)

Long way to go yet to secure that building permit. Still need approvals from the following divisions listed below:

Board of Water Supply (Need to address comments.) (This shouldn't be a problem. probably just need to pay the fee.)

Building Code (Not done reviewing the plans yet.)

Civil Engineering Branch (Need to address comments that were sent back a couple of times.)

Electrical Code (Not done reviewing the plans yet.)

Fire Code (HFD) (Need to address comments.)

State DOH (A/C Ventilation Branch) (Review been Approved)

Wastewater Branch (WWB) (Need to address comments.)

Zoning Code (ZPRB) (Haven't received the plans to review yet.)

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Sportsbow wrote:They didn't even secured the building permit to start construction yet. So I assume that it's only the groundbreaking ceremony for now.

"Clarence TC Ching Athletic Complex" building permit progress link:
http://dppweb.honolulu.gov/DPPWeb/defau ... d=43805954
(Click on to "Plan Reviews" near the top of the link above to see the progress.)

Long way to go yet to secure that building permit. Still need approvals from the following divisions listed below:

Board of Water Supply (Need to address comments.) (This shouldn't be a problem. probably just need to pay the fee.)

Building Code (Not done reviewing the plans yet.)

Civil Engineering Branch (Need to address comments that were sent back a couple of times.)

Electrical Code (Not done reviewing the plans yet.)

Fire Code (HFD) (Need to address comments.)

State DOH (A/C Ventilation Branch) (Review been Approved)

Wastewater Branch (WWB) (Need to address comments.)

Zoning Code (ZPRB) (Haven't received the plans to review yet.)

Hmmm I wonder how much all of that's going to cost and how long the process will be ?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

808 wrote:Probably cost considerations.
Hmmm, so they pay for a design team to make a new design to save money. If thats the case at least come up with a better design.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

It must be upper campus not wanting the complex to outshine the rest of the school. I wouldn't put it past them to think like that.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

EITSwarrior wrote:
808 wrote:Probably cost considerations.
Hmmm, so they pay for a design team to make a new design to save money. If thats the case at least come up with a better design.
Better than paying $2.4 million to pay six men to design a $11 million dollar new softball stadium in theory. The $2.4 million has been paid. What it was for will never be seen.

Figure that one out.

Also $1.7 million of that $2.4 million came from monies meant to change and improve the lighting at the softball stadium to address safety and television coverage concerns.

So now, 0.00 for lights which are sorely needed but $2.4 million in the pockets of overpaid designers for a phantom stadium.

At least the Ching Complex will be done.

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

HawaiianHogster wrote:It must be upper campus not wanting the complex to outshine the rest of the school. I wouldn't put it past them to think like that.
You are thinking in the right direction of where the BIGGEST problems for UH athletics comes from, but really it's just the inept and inefficient policies in place from a state institution.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Anyone else catch the Rainbow now being included in the New Rendering.
Guess the previous dialog of ridding the teams of the reference of "Rainbow" can be put to rest

The updated renderings of the Clarence TC Ching Athletic Complex:

Here's the original renderings from 2008.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

The newer design is much better. It seems more vibrant, exciting and open than the first one. Also it incorporates more textures (roofing material, rounded glass windows, steel railing, concrete, wooden doors), whereas the first one looks so concreted and confined. The colors and designs of the newer rendering is more consistent with the UH's emphasises on branding--tapa design, dark shade of green, dark shaded green tinted windows, dark roofing tiles etc.,. The newer design blends in more with nature, island style and Manoa valley. It exudes homeliness and character with an arched entrance way that also looks inviting.Whereas when I look at the first one it looks more like a fortress, flanked by two squarish end pieces, and imo exudes a feeling of dullness and confinement as compared to when I see the second design. I am pleased in the changes.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

sarvicdar wrote:The newer design is much better. It seems more vibrant, exciting and open than the first one. Also it incorporates more textures (roofing material, rounded glass windows, steel railing, concrete, wooden doors), whereas the first one looks so concreted and confined. The colors and designs of the newer rendering is more consistent with the UH's emphasises on branding--tapa design, dark shade of green, dark shaded green tinted windows, dark roofing tiles etc.,. The newer design blends in more with nature, island style and Manoa valley. It exudes homeliness and character with an arched entrance way that also looks inviting.Whereas when I look at the first one it looks more like a fortress, flanked by two squarish end pieces, and imo exudes a feeling of dullness and confinement as compared to when I see the second design. I am pleased in the changes.
What??????? I think you mistook the new design for the old one.