Play Maker
Play Maker

Nevada is #9 in the country in total offense

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

at 551 yards per game:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/s ... 2&sort=524

but Hawaii is ranked #11th in the country in rush defense at 62 yards per game:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/s ... &sort=1122
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Nevada is #9 in the country in total offense

Post by EITSwarrior »

I wouldn't put too much stock in us being ranked 11th in rush defense. Remember we played a USC team that was more interested in passing and a overmatched Lamar team that needed to pass since they were playing from behind.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

EITSwarrior wrote:I wouldn't put too much stock in us being ranked 11th in rush defense. Remember we played a USC team that was more interested in passing and a overmatched Lamar team that needed to pass since they were playing from behind.

Likewise, weren't the Warriors with Moniz ranked #1 during his Jr. year? If Nevada's defense can't stop our offense it will be a long night of seesaw scoring.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

EITSwarrior wrote:I wouldn't put too much stock in us being ranked 11th in rush defense. Remember we played a USC team that was more interested in passing and a overmatched Lamar team that needed to pass since they were playing from behind.
Actually USC rushed 23 times and passed 27 so it was pretty balanced. Lamar rushed 28 times but only got 44 yards and passed 20 times for 83 yards. Our defense is good. We just need to keep our players heathy.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

RedZone wrote:
Actually USC rushed 23 times and passed 27 so it was pretty balanced. Lamar rushed 28 times but only got 44 yards and passed 20 times for 83 yards. Our defense is good. We just need to keep our players heathy.
+1 nice analysis RedZone!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

RedZone wrote:
USC passed 41 times against us compared to 23 rush attempts. I dunno where you get your info from, but check again.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

EITSwarrior wrote:
RedZone wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:
USC passed 41 times against us compared to 23 rush attempts. I dunno where you get your info from, but check again.
My mistake you are correct USC passed 41 times and completed 26. Still USC only had 81 yards rushing for a 3.5 average. Of that 81 yards Redd had a 31 yard touchdown in the 1st half when UH was struggling. If you take away that one run USC would have only had 50 yards rushing on 22 attempts. That would be close to a 2.3 yard average which is horrible. Our run defense was good in that game. We just had a problem of covering the 2 freak wide receivers. They accounted for 16 of the 26 receptions and 239 of the 372 passing yards.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

:roll: Dunno about that.
That 31 yard TD run by USC early in the 2nd quarter looked awful easy.
I like the potential of our defense, but we don't deserve a top ranking just yet.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Any "impressive" stats against USC aren't as awesome as you may think they are. San Jose State played Stanford better than SC did. Not even a Top15 team.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

our run D is legit. We will find out how really good we are this Sat. I believe that Philips, Edwards and Grimes can run with their receivers one-on-one. What I am still waiting for is what kind of pressure we can put on the QB. First they have to contain the bugger then they have to get to him. We need a big game from Yap, Alo, Laurel, McBride, Woodard and Cravens (is he playing?) with outside pressure.

We have always beaten Nevada when we stopped their running game and forced them to throw. I expect us to do it again. Stop the run.

Our other challenge will be our small safties against their TE and jump balls over the middle.