4* QB, Aaron Zwahlen commits to UH.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 4* QB, Aaron Zwahlen commits to UH.

Post by J-Rod »

Why is his only other offer Idaho? He sure looks like a solid recruit.....not understanding why more offers haven't come.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

J-Rod wrote:Why is his only other offer Idaho? He sure looks like a solid recruit.....not understanding why more offers haven't come.
He was also was recruited by BYU, Texas Tech, Washington State, Duke and Northwestern.

J-Rod, if you wanted to ask a girl out cause she looked good and had an incredible personality, would you not ask her out because you would wonder and wait until everyone else asked her out and committed to a new boyfriend or would you take a chance and ask her out first?

The Coaches saw what they liked and offered. That's how it should be with confident Coaches who can see potential.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

The other schools must not have seen enough.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: He was also was recruited by BYU, Texas Tech, Washington State, Duke and Northwestern.

J-Rod, if you wanted to ask a girl out cause she looked good and had an incredible personality, would you not ask her out because you would wonder and wait until everyone else asked her out and committed to a new boyfriend or would you take a chance and ask her out first?

The Coaches saw what they liked and offered. That's how it should be with confident Coaches who can see potential.
LOL I understand the analogy...just don't get why other schools haven't offered. He looks pretty good....I've seen worse QBs in this 2013 class get better offers.

ESPN must rate players differently. Scout and Rivals rate players by the amount of offers they have as well as who offered. ESPN rates Zwalhen with 4-stars and a 83 overall score. That's really good! Apparently they go off of how you perform on the field instead of what comes in the mail.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

H20 wrote:The other schools must not have seen enough.
From ESPN:

ESPN Analyst
Zwahlen in our opinion has been the most undervalued and overlooked quarterback prospect in the 2013 class. This is potentially an elite passer down the road with the measurables, arm strength and accuracy to blossom into a BCS starter with a high level of production.

Good recruiting, Coach!

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Exactly. Maybe they just didn't see enough of it now to offer. But like i said 2016 is a long time from now, a lot can happen. There's no denying he looks like a really good one.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Tom Luginbill twitter: http://twitter.com/TomLuginbill/status/ ... 5983539201

Tom Luginbill

Boy did Hawaii get a steal on QB Aaron Zwahlen. Hold on Coach Chow, the sharks will be circling now. That kid is a BCS talent ‪ # undertheradar‬

10:49 am - 25 jun 12 via Twitter for iPad · Embed this Tweet ‏ @ TomLuginbill 13h

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Just wondering ... Do top 20 teams back off on talent if going on mission?
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

allshownogo
Starter
Starter
NBA: Pistons, Nuggets
NFL: Broncos, Lions

Post by allshownogo »

Grinch wrote:Just wondering ... Do top 20 teams back off on talent if going on mission?
It's possible, being that it gives the player more time to change their mind. while they try to reserve a schollie.

With that said great get, I look forward to seeing him play for Hawaii's team
"We just need 11 guys to run like a mother to football and hit somebody"

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

allshownogo wrote:
Grinch wrote:Just wondering ... Do top 20 teams back off on talent if going on mission?
It's possible, being that it gives the player more time to change their mind. while they try to reserve a schollie.

With that said great get, I look forward to seeing him play for Hawaii's team
Their loss is our gain?
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?
Give Scooby Doo his scooby snacks...and watch out!

I don't know if this guy is a Mormon or not, but it does beg the question...how much of an advantage is it to their football program to offer missionary scholarships and football scholarships?

Just was wondering too.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

I like Zwahlen's frame and decent arm-strength from his highlights, but I don't see any superlatives. He must have improved this summer.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Chow had the inside track on this one. It aint over until he is in school. We have seen the sharks attack before. It is good that we are getting talented commits early. This alone has been a huge change from what I have seen in the past.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I remember hearing that back in the 80s, when BYU under Lavell Edwards and Chow won a share of the National championship complaints of their players returning from missions . . . And having "men play against boys". This is back when UH couldn't beat BYU.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

J-Rod wrote:Why is his only other offer Idaho? He sure looks like a solid recruit.....not understanding why more offers haven't come.
It's beginning to start. Mike Leach Washington State Cougers just offered him despite his commitment to UH.

hawaiiBoy808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by hawaiiBoy808 »

he seems like a fine prospect but if he goes on his mission do you think it will effect his mental part of the game, being away from it for 2 years?