What's up with Oline?

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Scholarships being offered....

Post by J-Rod »

I sure hope so. There is currently no such thing as a "2nd String Offensive Line" with the injuries right now. Depth a is a major concern. I expect both lines to see heavy recruitment this year.

Hawkpeter
Starter
Starter

Post by Hawkpeter »

If the math is right, I would think there will only be around 15 scholarships available for 2013 so its going to be a pretty small class.

With a new coaching staff its probably better the squad being largely made up of underclassmen rather than coaching up a team full of seniors this year, then having to replace them. I dont see having few scholarships to give for next year as a negative, it means the players learning now will be on the team for a while.

Small~Axe
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Small~Axe »

Hawkpeter wrote:If the math is right, I would think there will only be around 15 scholarships available for 2013 so its going to be a pretty small class.

With a new coaching staff its probably better the squad being largely made up of underclassmen rather than coaching up a team full of seniors this year, then having to replace them. I dont see having few scholarships to give for next year as a negative, it means the players learning now will be on the team for a while.
Yes it seems this years senior class will be smaller than prior years, with many being walkons.
I am shocked to see Sportsbow list of Scholies being offered. Guys who want to be Warriors better not nilly willy to long, lest be told the offer is off the table
If you are the big tree,
We are the small axe,
Ready to cut you down,
Sharpened to cut you down - Bob

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Still plenty of time. One of the things I'm hoping for is that they'll look for diamonds in the rough locally that they can coach up. But they need to see them play first. Even if Tony had his eye on some from last year, we need run blockers more than ever, something they weren't really looking for prior to this year