Brian Clay, Jr.
Class: Sophomore
Position: Cornerback
HT/WT: 6’ 0’’ / 180 lbs

2012:

2011:
ImageImage
ImageImage
- Appeared in eight games on special teams and as a reserve safety…had two tackles against Tulane (Nov. 26)

Prep:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
A 2011 graduate of Will C. Wood High School in Vacaville, Calif...earned three varsity letters in football and two in baseball...as a senior played quarterback, defensive back and special teams...named all-Monticello Empire second team as a cornerback and quarterback....passed for 1,548 yards and rushed for 1,090 yards while accounting for 25 touchdowns…had 91 total tackles, one interception and one fumble recovery on defense…received all-star honors at cornerback from ESPN RISE, B2G, Scout.com, Golden State Preps and NorCal Preps...led team to first playoff berth since 1996...selected to play in the Holiday All-Star Classic in Sacramento, a first for a Will C. Wood player...also school’s first player to be named all-NorCal, all-West and all-state...standout at the 2010 Army All-Star Combine in San Antonio and the Nike Training Camp in Stanford, Calif...defensive MVP at the 2010 B2G Elite Camp and “Top Gun” selection as best defensive back at the Los Angeles Football University Camp (FBU)...started at quarterback and cornerback during his junior and sophomore seasons also…as a junior amassed 51 total tackles, 10 pass break-ups, two interceptions, and three forced fumbles had 1,200 yards of total offense…during sophomore season, totaled 50 tackles, seven pass break-ups, two picks and threw for 1,988 yards and 21 TDs…helped lead baseball team to the 2010 conference championship...scouted by both the Anaheim Angels and Arizona Diamondbacks...a four-year honor-roll student.

Link

Link

Link

Personal:
Brian Clay, Jr was born on March 30, 1993 in Sacramento, Calif...intends to major in business management...has one younger sister...parents are Brian and MaryJane Clay of Vacaville, Calif.

Fun Facts:
- Wore a Warriors Hat to his PROM
- Father played football at Fresno State
- Cousin is former Warrior Steven Christian
- Chose Hawaii over Army, Air Force, Colorado State, Fresno St, San Diego State, Nevada-Las Vegas, San Jose State and Utah State.

See Related Stories:
http://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx? ... h=football
http://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx? ... h=football
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/20 ... riors.html
http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/ER9ASV ... n-clay.htm
http://hawaii.scout.com/a.z?s=365&p=8&c=1&nid=4437373
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... lay-114831

**********************************************************************************
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is – Brian Clay

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: 2012 Day 40 – Brian Clay, Jr.

Post by kapakahi »

Brian's been switched to CB thus far this spring.

passepartout
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NFL: Americas team

Post by passepartout »

Brian has a great resume, looks like he could contribute right away.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

kapakahi wrote:Brian's been switched to CB thus far this spring.
Thanks... I was wondering about where he was playing this spring :D

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

According to ST they switched him to safety. I like the move. In his clips I like the way he tackles and that is what we need.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

RedZone wrote:According to ST they switched him to safety. I like the move. In his clips I like the way he tackles and that is what we need.
If that's the case, then JMHO that Warriors look pretty thin at CB position right now since only 4 healthy CBs (JHT, Ornellas, Maggitt, Williams) practicing....with Edwards still not participating in 7-on-7s nor 11-on-11s.

Small~Axe
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Small~Axe »

kapakahi wrote:
RedZone wrote:According to ST they switched him to safety. I like the move. In his clips I like the way he tackles and that is what we need.
If that's the case, then JMHO that Warriors look pretty thin at CB position right now since only 4 healthy CBs (JHT, Ornellas, Maggitt, Williams) practicing....with Edwards still not participating in 7-on-7s nor 11-on-11s.
That might be moot if JT Turner arrives this summer [-o<
If you are the big tree,
We are the small axe,
Ready to cut you down,
Sharpened to cut you down - Bob

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

Small~Axe wrote:
kapakahi wrote:
That might be moot if JT Turner arrives this summer [-o<
That's what I thought earlier too.....BUT it sounds like JT would be joining Brian Clay at safety. Just gotta pray that Fields makes it here okay.

JMHO that depth definitely doesn't appear to be a problem at the safety position....except for actual FBS playing experience....this coming season.

Subject: J.T. Turner could still become a Warrior this coming season.
RedZone wrote:
kapakahi wrote:JT would definitely add depth....along with Fields....at CB position since only 6 (Clay, Edwards, Maggitt, Ornellas, JHT, Williams) suited for practice. Didn't see #12 Ijumaa Armstrong nor #34 Terry Wilson practicing at CB.
He is playing safety at Scottsdale. And will probably do it here.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/480350/justin-turner

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

I see him as a safety too. He played QB in high school like former UH safeties Blane Gaison, Walter Briggs and Richard Torres. I think he has the "it" to become all conference at safety during his playing career here.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

Brian lined up at both CB and safety in last night's "Spring Fling" scrimmage.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Big "IF". JT needs to pass a couple more classes this summer to qualify for UH.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

sorry I am not a big fan of 180 lb safties.

We got killed last year with 180 lb safties against bigger receivers.