Position: Running Back
HT/WT: 6’ 0’’ / 240 lbs

2012:
- Started the spring at Linebacker and ended at Running Back

2011:
- Redshirted

Prep:
ImageImageImageImage
A 2011 graduate of Farrington High School in Honolulu...a three-sport athlete for the Governors...a three-year starter in football...a three-time all-league and all-state section...racked up 384 tackles, 37.5 sacks, 13 interceptions and four defensive touchdowns during his career...helped team to back-to-back appearances in the state semifinals and a 2008 runner-up finish in the OIA...named the 2010 OIA Red East defensive player of the year and selected to the Honolulu Star-Advertiser all-state first team as a senior…anchored a defense that allowed only 49.3 yards rushing per game…registered 117 tackles, 14.5 sacks, four fumbles forced and four fumbles recovered...also intercepted seven passes and returned one for a touchdown...selected for the H.U.B. Goodwill Senior Classic all-star game…as a junior, named all-OIA Red East second team and all-state second team by the Honolulu Advertiser and Honolulu Star-Bulletin…had 131 tackles, 9.5 sacks, three interceptions and five fumble recoveries...an honorable mention all-state selection as a sophomore, as well as second-team all-OIA...tallied 136 tackles, 13.5 sacks, three interceptions and four forced fumbles that season...also received all-star recognition during his career from ESPN RISE, MaxPreps and the AIGA Foundation...also a multiple letterwinner in basketball and track and field...a three-time top scholar...selected to the President’s List and earned Visual Arts/Digital Media honors...earned recognition at the HMSA Teen Video Awards.

Link

Link

Personal:
Born in Honolulu, O‘ahu...major is undecided...has four sisters (Cikah, Jerica, Joselyn & Jessica) and one brother (Jray)...parents are Joe and Ruta Vele of Honolulu, O‘ahu.

Fun Facts:
- Related to former Warriors Jason Mane, Al Hunter, Ivan Mauga, Wayne Hunter and Vince Manuwai
- HS teammate with Current Warrior Lancelot “Keke” Williamss
- Chose Hawaii over Colorado and Washington

See Related Stories:
http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/roster.a ... h=football
http://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx? ... h=football
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... 14809.html
http://www.pacificathleticalliance.com/ ... b22100.htm
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruit ... ele-115415
http://hshawaii.scout.com/a.z?s=370&p=8&c=1&nid=4369564
http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/fXcL60 ... n-vele.htm.

**********************************************************************************
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Justin Vele

guaransballbearins
Starter
Starter

Re: 2012 Day 32 – Justin Vele

Post by guaransballbearins »

Bradda Justin got some o-lineman legs.....perfect for taking on those hogs.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Go Governor!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I have been waiting for years to see him suit up as a Warrior.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Vele has been getting a lot of reps at inside linebacker. Randall Okimoto, the head coach at Farrington has been present at practices and has been keeping a close eye on his guys (Vele and Lance Williams).

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Also good to see former Warrior and Governor DT Lance Samuseva helping out.

Always good to see a few Governors playing as Warriors.

Always tough hard-nosed players!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Freshman linebacker Justin Vele decided he needed to go the extra miles.

Vele and his siblings enrolled in the family plan at the YMCA in Kalihi.

His main workout is on the treadmill. "I'll probably run for an hour," Vele said. "You start off slow for half an hour, then you pick up speed."

Vele is now quicker, 10 pounds lighter and in the mix at weakside linebacker.

"I've seen the impact," said Vele, a Farrington graduate who redshirted in 2011. "I'm getting more reps (in spring training), and I'm not getting tired out there."

Defensive coordinator Thom Kaumeyer said: "He's doing a good job."

Vele also has improved his leg strength. He can squat-lift 475 pounds.
--- from http://warriorbeat.staradvertiserblogs. ... provement/

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by polywarrior4life »

This morning, this guy ran from Kalihi to Kaneohe to visit his Grandmothers grave site, then ran back. NUTS!
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

polywarrior4life wrote:This morning, this guy ran from Kalihi to Kaneohe to visit his Grandmothers grave site, then ran back. NUTS!
LOL And now, he'll be peeing for 2 straight days over the water he needed to drink after. :lol:

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

J-Rod wrote:
polywarrior4life wrote:This morning, this guy ran from Kalihi to Kaneohe to visit his Grandmothers grave site, then ran back. NUTS!
LOL And now, he'll be peeing for 2 straight days over the water he needed to drink after. :lol:
LOL, I tell yah, he had water with him, but sheesh, he should have asked me, I would have signed him up for the triathlon that took place this morning.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

Small~Axe
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Small~Axe »

Beast Mode!!! :)
If you are the big tree,
We are the small axe,
Ready to cut you down,
Sharpened to cut you down - Bob

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

How do you run safely thought those tunnels? That's scary. Especially with all the accidents that happen there.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

madeinhawaii wrote:
How do you run safely thought those tunnels? That's scary. Especially with all the accidents that happen there.
I said the same thing. Some how the Lord was on his side and has given him safe passage. It is quite scary, and risky too, but I guess he thought he could endure what the ancient warriors did back in the days, and how they traveled on foot across these islands, lol. There's always a 1st an last time for certain things we do in life. Life has a lot of risk itself, yet we sometimes take it for granted. Hopefully it pays off come the fall camp along with his grand entrance into the coliseum.

On the battle fields, Hawaii is at war with those who want to take a piece of our mana. Hold strong and train hard, physically and mentally to be prepared to face the many challenges ahead. We are the care takers of this land, we are the people of Hawaii, Imua!

GO WARRIORS!

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

he avoided the tunnels, bc he ran the other way, through waimanalo...lol.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

polywarrior4life wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:
I said the same thing. Some how the Lord was on his side and has given him safe passage. It is quite scary, and risky too, but I guess he thought he could endure what the ancient warriors did back in the days, and how they traveled on foot across these islands, lol. There's always a 1st an last time for certain things we do in life. Life has a lot of risk itself, yet we sometimes take it for granted. Hopefully it pays off come the fall camp along with his grand entrance into the coliseum.

On the battle fields, Hawaii is at war with those who want to take a piece of our mana. Hold strong and train hard, physically and mentally to be prepared to face the many challenges ahead. We are the care takers of this land, we are the people of Hawaii, Imua!

GO WARRIORS!
The Likelike, Pali, and H3 are really scenic. Too bad, there aren't any safe pedestrian access along these roads. Tourists would eat it up and that would have been good for our economy.