Coach Mack's Worst Loss?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
wilderstreet
High-quality H20 provider

Coach Mack's Worst Loss?

Post by wilderstreet »

It was a horrible loss. A 20 point favorite playing on essentially a neutral site losing by 20? Beaten in all three phases of the game by a team that lost their first two games by a combined of 110 to 24.

I can't think of a worse loss by a Coach Mack team.

808-Pride
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Coach Mack's Worst Loss?

Post by 808-Pride »

this game and last years tulsa loss were the hardest for me in the mack era, i say the tulsa loss because i really wanted salas, pilares and green to go out with wins, plus salas played his heart out that game.
youtube.com/rudy96734

westsidewarrior

Post by westsidewarrior »

Thought the Cinci, ND, Tulsa games were bad too

808-Pride
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808-Pride »

westsidewarrior wrote:Thought the Cinci, ND, Tulsa games were bad too
forgot that cinci game under coach mack, bad memories lol
youtube.com/rudy96734

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

808-Pride wrote:this game and last years tulsa loss were the hardest for me in the mack era, i say the tulsa loss because i really wanted salas, pilares and green to go out with wins, plus salas played his heart out that game.
The Tulsa loss was disheartening, but I blame the lack of practice due to finals, the players that were academically ineligible, and the early injury to Pilares which further compounded the issues. But there were no such excuses for this game. Sean Shigematsu and Ostrowski were out, sure, but even so, the Warriors should have been able to pull this one out. We looked like a high school team out there. It was embarrassing. This one hurt.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

lol808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lol808 »

I dont know if it's all the athletes' fault or there is a lot of coaching at fault also. This is mack's third year. and he has gone from a D head coach to a C- head coach. we have more pride than this sh!t. can we please get an oline coach for these guys? oline used to be a proud point of UH. remember when the worse player on the line was uperesa? and he was good. the oline is so embarrassingly terrible it's like we were playing an SEC team. this was UNLV... UNLV! are you... serious?! tank hopkins... constantly needs help. he cant cover a bottle cap alone. is he really the best we have? holy eff, really, he's the best? i grew up in green and i went to all the von crappen games but this game really just knocked us back a few years. if mack cant get the guys up to play with some pride without having to take two timeouts in a row, he's got to GTFO.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

lol808 wrote:I dont know if it's all the athletes' fault or there is a lot of coaching at fault also. This is mack's third year. and he has gone from a D head coach to a C- head coach. we have more pride than this sh!t. can we please get an oline coach for these guys? oline used to be a proud point of UH. remember when the worse player on the line was uperesa? and he was good. the oline is so embarrassingly terrible it's like we were playing an SEC team. this was UNLV... UNLV! are you... serious?! tank hopkins... constantly needs help. he cant cover a bottle cap alone. is he really the best we have? holy eff, really, he's the best? i grew up in green and i went to all the von crappen games but this game really just knocked us back a few years. if mack cant get the guys up to play with some pride without having to take two timeouts in a row, he's got to GTFO.
we started with an oline with 0 total starts and was 100% new. then add three injuries. is that a coaching fault, or just not having tools to work with?
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

lol808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lol808 »

JJ had some inexperienced olines during the years. also, it definitely might be the wrong tools. we need to recruit better oline guys, not just pick up as many 2 and 1 star guys and hope some are sleepers. every year when the LOI's come in and you read about this 1 star oline guy from some local high school and they talk about upside and blah blah. we dont have the coaches to maximize upside. we need another cavanaugh

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

lol808 wrote:JJ had some inexperienced olines during the years. also, it definitely might be the wrong tools. we need to recruit better oline guys, not just pick up as many 2 and 1 star guys and hope some are sleepers. every year when the LOI's come in and you read about this 1 star oline guy from some local high school and they talk about upside and blah blah. we dont have the coaches to maximize upside. we need another cavanaugh

we are recruiting good olinemen. we are just redshirting a bunch. when shigematsu, ben dew, thomas olds and Blake Muir get their shot, i think we could have a beastly line. but they are injured/ redshirting. this was a makeshift line because we had a makeshift line last year cause we had to use JJ holdovers at last minute.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

808-Pride wrote:
westsidewarrior wrote:Thought the Cinci, ND, Tulsa games were bad too
forgot that cinci game under coach mack, bad memories lol
The Cinci game was not a bad loss.
They were a ranked team, and needed a last minute, come-from-behind drive to win it.

Honestly, the tale here is 4 fumbles, 4 lost. Moniz was not on his game tonight....kept going for the long bomb. I tell you, when Moniz has a bad night, there's no way we can win.

lol808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lol808 »

xer 21 wrote:
lol808 wrote:JJ had some inexperienced olines during the years. also, it definitely might be the wrong tools. we need to recruit better oline guys, not just pick up as many 2 and 1 star guys and hope some are sleepers. every year when the LOI's come in and you read about this 1 star oline guy from some local high school and they talk about upside and blah blah. we dont have the coaches to maximize upside. we need another cavanaugh

we are recruiting good olinemen. we are just redshirting a bunch. when shigematsu, ben dew, thomas olds and Blake Muir get their shot, i think we could have a beastly line. but they are injured/ redshirting. this was a makeshift line because we had a makeshift line last year cause we had to use JJ holdovers at last minute.

i'll give you the makeshift line point. but we were playing UNLV. they were getting beat one on one. i didnt see much trickery from them. just out skilled in almost every position. and can we get a center who can snap a ball 5 feet? maybe start hiking it under-hand already.

Kahaluu Imua Warriors
Starter
Starter

Post by Kahaluu Imua Warriors »

Coach Mac couldn't win the big ones and he woulds lose them in a big and embarrassing way. Most of us including me could forgive him but now he cant win the small ones (19 point favorite-losing by 20). All I know is that Norm Chow looked really really good today.
www.southseascinema.org

Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
The Ha'a is heard, louder and louder.
Okole is kicked.
Now the enemy runs home to cry to their mother.

ShootAndRun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ShootAndRun »

Its up there. But the worse was the 2008 loss to San Jose State at home. Yes San Jose at Home! Choke turnovers...game slipped out of our hands. It was absolutely disgusting!!

I wanted to run over that already dead cat on the road that day....

kik050
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by kik050 »

When we loss to Washington, the team fought back from a sluggish start to actually win the last 3 quarters. They showed a lot of heart, even with the dumb mistakes that cost them the game. There was no heart in this game, no enthusiasm. It looked like they didn't care that they were losing to a bad team. And UNLV is a bad team. They will end up in the bottom 3 of the MWC. If UH should win the WAC, this will be embarassing that the bottomfeeder of the MWC beat the WAC champion.

Coach Mac will probably pound UC Davis to show the Warriors that they can play. This will probably turn our season around and we will start winning again. Hopefully.
Hawai'i has the best fighters in the world. F___ that's all we do. --BJ Penn

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

Without question this is the worst loss of the Coach Mack era. Tulsa was a bowl team obviously and while that may have been a bummer, this was inexcusable. Make no mistake, UNLV is one of the worst football teams in D1 over the past several years by a wide margin. Overall there is plenty of time left on the season and we get cupcake A&M this week but is this team even at a place to be a favorite over anybody? Need to get it together quick