FINALLY!!! Scrimmage coming to Big Island!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

FINALLY!!! Scrimmage coming to Big Island!

Post by H20 »

Jim Donovan wrote: The football team will be having a scrimmage/autograph session in Hilo on April 9th at 11:00 am at Kamehameha Schools, Hawai'i campus. More details forthcoming.

Where's my Big Island people at? Who's going?

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: FINALLY!!! Scrimmage coming to Big Island!

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

H20 wrote:
Jim Donovan wrote: The football team will be having a scrimmage/autograph session in Hilo on April 9th at 11:00 am at Kamehameha Schools, Hawai'i campus. More details forthcoming.

Where's my Big Island people at? Who's going?
:o WHOA....where's BIK when you really NEED him?! :- \:D/
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Kaimiloa
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Kaimiloa »

I'm planning on being there.

Hilo-Warrior
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Hilo-Warrior »

My wife, daughter, and I will be there plus my friends who have never seen the team in person. Its hard for me to believe that I have been to so many games live and some of my friends haven't even been to one. Anyways here they are for them.

GO Warriors!

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

I'm here! I'm here!
So given that this is the first time the warriors are down here in HIlo, we are surely new to the game so to speak! So what da haps?

I will be there! With my 3 year old daughter in tow! Look for the beautiful little girl with Colt Brennan #15 warrior jersey. The big gorilla with her is me --BIK.

So what? food? Drink?

Lemme know -- we go plan something!

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

someone should bring over the sportshawaii banner to your guys get together. always nice to put a face to a name.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

H20

Post by H20 »

Article in the West Hawaii Today newspaper

http://westhawaiitoday.com/sections/spo ... awaii.html

H20

Post by H20 »

bigislandkurt wrote:I'm here! I'm here!
So given that this is the first time the warriors are down here in HIlo, we are surely new to the game so to speak! So what da haps?

I will be there! With my 3 year old daughter in tow! Look for the beautiful little girl with Colt Brennan #15 warrior jersey. The big gorilla with her is me --BIK.

So what? food? Drink?

Lemme know -- we go plan something!

BIK
We have so little BI folks that I didn't think it would be possible, but I see you got something set up with the Tsaikos so that's cool.

Hilo-Warrior

Post by Hilo-Warrior »

with this event on the radio and in the papers how many people do we think are going? They are even offering free bus services to this event. I talked with my friends and family and it looks like we are going to be there at around 9 or 930 instead of 1030 if possible just in case.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Was fortunate to meet and talk with redshirt frosh LT Jordan Loeffler at the AKA fundraiser Wednesday night.

Jordan just returned to practice that Wednesday morning and told me that he is ready to show his stuff to his friends & family as well as the rest of his hometown Hilo fans on Saturday!!!

H20

Post by H20 »

Hilo-Warrior wrote:with this event on the radio and in the papers how many people do we think are going? They are even offering free bus services to this event. I talked with my friends and family and it looks like we are going to be there at around 9 or 930 instead of 1030 if possible just in case.
Yeah when I heard about the bus shuttles I though whoa, this is going to be big. I'll probably be there at 10:30 still but getting dropped off so I don't have to worry about parking. Those of you going you can't miss me, ill have a green collared sportshawaii shirt. Also I'm 6'5" (NFL combine would list me as 6'4" 3/4, but ill have shoes on dammit), anyway can't miss me, come say hi

kf2.0
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kf2.0 »

post deleted
Last edited by kf2.0 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Reports?
Good time?

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

SundayJam wrote:Reports?
Good time?
bigislandkurt:
April 9th, 2011 at 8:29 pm
The Verdict is in -- Kawika49 is the blog's resident poke-ologist. Ahi with fresh cracked pepper was a winna.

Was an awesome day today. Kekoa gave the updates. Only thing we differ on is that the folks where I was sitting did not enjoy the remarks by Chris on the cordless mic. Some of his attempts at being funny fell short and was borderline offensive to some HIlo folks. Funny thing is when Coach Mack grabbed the mic and said that he "personally selected Chris for the day."

The scrimmage was fun. McBride is a beast --speed kills. He name was being called all day today. Terrence Bell, Allan Sampson, Darius Bright, and Corey Paclabar --- yes! Corey Paclabar all showed flashes of brilliance. I like the way 85 plays -- plenty heart. Aside from that, I agree with the rest -- we are a work in progress. I must say that the youngsters on the line are monsters. Big boys. Chauncey looks real good. Jordan Loefler was stoked to be home. I really hope Clint Daniel gets a shot this year. Sterling Jackson is as advertised. Didn't get to see much of Iosefa.
Defense got some speed. McBride is AD -- all day. Monico had some good moments in there too. Overall, the defense looked good and fast.

Good moments afterward with the Ohana in Panaewa. What a day. I'm beat -----as in WArrior Beat. Blessings all, it was nice having the warriors here today.

BIK
-- from the Warrior Beat

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

H20

Post by H20 »

Monico had a pick off Cayman. As normal, the D is way ahead of the O. I have some pics and video that will be up sometime soon, today is more football for me. My friends boys are playing flag football in Honoka'a today.