2012 UH FOOTBALL RECRUITING

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: 2012 & 2013 UH FOOTBALL RECRUITING

Post by seasider »

Blake Muir enrolled in the spring, on scholarship starting this fall semester.

Scott Harding is finalists, along with Sampson, for the punt returner’s job.

Ellis Henderson, a 2011 graduate of Washington's Skyview High, said he is recovering from a procedure to repair a chipped bone in his right shoulder. "I'm going to be a part-time student (at UH) in the fall semester," Henderson said. "I'm going to pay my way for that. The scholarship starts in January." He played receiver and defensive back in high school, but was told he will compete at slot back for the Warriors.

Justin Alo will grey shirt and start his UH career in January 2012.

Tyler Gray will grey shirt.

Junior Alexis will grey shirt.

Marcus Umu will focus on academics, joined as walk-on January 2012.

Lancelot Williams, 2011 Farrington grad, will grey shirt and enroll spring 2012.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

youre right, muir (and dew?) were walk ons in the spring and are now no scholarship.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Class of 2010 signee DE David Katina also supposed to be finally joining the team in Spring 2011.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Luke Kaumatule commits to Stanford.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

LUKE KAUMATULE Image DE, 6-7.5, 248 lbs. (5.0 40 yd dash)
(Punahou School - Honolulu, HI)
(Committed to Stanford)
(Turned down offers from Arizona, BYU, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, UCLA, Utah, Washington, and Washington St.)

(Formerly attended Kapolei HS in his freshman year and Radford HS in his sophomore year.)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxezaefIgRw

ESPN.com article: http://rise.espn.go.com/football/articl ... mbine.aspx

PIAA website: http://www.pacificathleticalliance.com/news.htm

Rivals.com profile: (4-stars) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... ule-102109

Scout.com profile: (4-stars) http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... id=4383460

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by letsgobows »

i updated my greyshirt post on the previous page to remove DT Junior Alexis since he is now enrolled at the U.

i was scanning some JC rosters and noticed that former verbal Pep Fonokalafi is playing at Pima CC in AZ. although Pima is not a power school like AZ Western, Pep was a 2nd team all conference last season. will be interesting to see if the UH coaches go after Pep out of JC this season with Tuipulotu, Meatoga and Masch graduating this year. we still have Correa and Hanohano, but both will be seniors next season. Matagiese is getting PT on special teams and Samia/Friel are the other DTs.

with Aranda's new D, big Charlie Tuaau would be sweet pick up out of JC to replace Zach Masch at the LDE position.
GO WARRIORS!

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by letsgobows »

wonder if UH coaches will go after Farrington RB Tyler Taumua for Class of 2013. 2013 class is unreal.
GO WARRIORS!

pilotalumni93
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by pilotalumni93 »

HAPPY TO KNOW UH IS LOOKING AHEAD FOR THE UPCOMING RECRUITING CLASS 2012-2013. I HAVE SOME INSIDE SCOOP ON A 2012 STRONGSIDE LB OUT OF LONG BEACH POLY TECHNIQUE HS. #30 THE KID IS NO JOKE! HE LACKS HEIGHT BUT COMPENSATES WITH HIS SPEED AND POWER OFF THE BALL, ESPECIALLY WHEN MAKING CONTACT! ALOT OF D-1 & 2 COLLEGES OVERLOOK THE SIZE OF THIS KID BUT AFTER WATCHING LB POLY VRS GRANT HS OUT OF SACRAMENTO CA? IM CONVINCED #30 CAN GET ALL THE OFFERS HE DESERVES AS LONG AS HE STAYS HEALTHY AND SMASHES LIKE HE IS.....CHECK OUT THE HIGHLIGHTS ON gazettesports.com you'll see what im talking about.......

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

pilotalumni93 wrote:HAPPY TO KNOW UH IS LOOKING AHEAD FOR THE UPCOMING RECRUITING CLASS 2012-2013. I HAVE SOME INSIDE SCOOP ON A 2012 STRONGSIDE LB OUT OF LONG BEACH POLY TECHNIQUE HS. #30 THE KID IS NO JOKE! HE LACKS HEIGHT BUT COMPENSATES WITH HIS SPEED AND POWER OFF THE BALL, ESPECIALLY WHEN MAKING CONTACT! ALOT OF D-1 & 2 COLLEGES OVERLOOK THE SIZE OF THIS KID BUT AFTER WATCHING LB POLY VRS GRANT HS OUT OF SACRAMENTO CA? IM CONVINCED #30 CAN GET ALL THE OFFERS HE DESERVES AS LONG AS HE STAYS HEALTHY AND SMASHES LIKE HE IS.....CHECK OUT THE HIGHLIGHTS ON gazettesports.com you'll see what im talking about.......
Long Beach Poly LB prospect Jeremy Lutali (5-11, 225)....

Link

Link

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by letsgobows »

http://www.pe.com/sports/college/breako ... b7d0a.html

heres an article on current verbal Eddie Lackey and how he went from Vista Murrieta (same HS as JHT and Su'a Cravens) to a DII and back to Cali for JC. i hope the UH coaches are also looking at Lackey's current RCC teammate DE Lee Adams. he is a Centennial to ASU guy like Vontaze Burfict and all the other Centennial guys at ASU right now. it looks like ASU has a LB Poly pipeline this season w like 4-5 verbals currently...haha.
Consider Eddie Lackey. A linebacker out of Vista Murrieta High, he's something less than the classic linebacker's size at 6-foot-2, 225 pounds. The interest was hardly overwhelming after his last high school season, so when he received a full scholarship offer from Division II Northwood (Mich.) University, he took it.

"It was either come here (to RCC) or take the scholarship and have everything paid for," he said.

He was playing well at Northwood in 2010 before tweaking his knee, and in fact finished fifth on the team in tackles. But he wasn't happy with the school, the coaching staff, the environment or the curriculum. And he noticed that his high school buddy Ryan Hofmeister was parlaying one all-conference season at RCC into a full ride from UCLA.

"I knew I had the ability, and I knew I could play (to) a higher potential," Lackey said. "That's what I was thinking the whole time."

Moral of this story: Don't be afraid to make the move. Lackey transferred to RCC in January, participated in spring football, and -- without having yet played a snap in California community college football -- already has a verbal commitment to attend the University of Hawaii in 2012.
GO WARRIORS!

al
All-conference
All-conference

Post by al »

letsgobows wrote:i updated my greyshirt post on the previous page to remove DT Junior Alexis since he is now enrolled at the U.

i was scanning some JC rosters and noticed that former verbal Pep Fonokalafi is playing at Pima CC in AZ. although Pima is not a power school like AZ Western, Pep was a 2nd team all conference last season. will be interesting to see if the UH coaches go after Pep out of JC this season with Tuipulotu, Meatoga and Masch graduating this year. we still have Correa and Hanohano, but both will be seniors next season. Matagiese is getting PT on special teams and Samia/Friel are the other DTs.

with Aranda's new D, big Charlie Tuaau would be sweet pick up out of JC to replace Zach Masch at the LDE position.
agree with you that we got to get back all those guys from two years ago who didn't qualify.

pilotalumni93
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by pilotalumni93 »

Kapahi, thanks for the highlight clips of #30 Jeremy Lutali...hope it helps this kid with his recruiting status...official 40 time is 4.6........looking forward to see how he does this season with teamates Salamo Fiso and Matt Rowe. the heart of this years 2011_2012 LB Poly Defense..

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by letsgobows »

al wrote:
letsgobows wrote:i updated my greyshirt post on the previous page to remove DT Junior Alexis since he is now enrolled at the U.

agree with you that we got to get back all those guys from two years ago who didn't qualify.
unfortunately, it looks like both Tuaau and Fonokalafi are redshirting this year. Quines is tearing it up again at AZ Western this season, but w already a verbal from a JC LB, i wonder if the coaches are targeting Quines?
GO WARRIORS!

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

We're losing our top two LBs to graduation. So it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Probably depends if he's a 3 to play 2 guy or a 2 to play 2 as well.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

letsgobows wrote:Quines is tearing it up again at AZ Western this season, but w already a verbal from a JC LB, i wonder if the coaches are targeting Quines?
SmugDude wrote:We're losing our top two LBs to graduation. So it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Probably depends if he's a 3 to play 2 guy or a 2 to play 2 as well.
Zach Quines was Class of 2010 signee with UH....so would have 3 to play 2....starting with 2012 season.

Link

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SmugDude wrote:We're losing our top two LBs to graduation. So it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Probably depends if he's a 3 to play 2 guy or a 2 to play 2 as well.
Would like to see him in a Warrior uniform. Does he want to come back home?
ImageImage