2010-Hawaii schedule of opponent's schedules = Week 14

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

2010-Hawaii schedule of opponent's schedules = Week 14

Post by chawan_cut »

Sorry it took so long to get this out. For the new guys, I update this weekly, entering all the new scores, records, polls. That way you can see who our opponents play before, after, and the rest of the season.
If you see any errors please let me know and I can fix it. I screencap my excel view as I can't embed tables in here and make em look pretty.

Enjoy!

Week 14
Way to end the regular season. Give it to the team that started our losing streak last year. The Runnin' Rebels couldn't do anything to stop us. Our D came up big with 3 INTs. Next up, Tulsa, at 9-3, is a good C-USA matchup. I've added their schedule into the list to see what they've done. They have a 6 game winning streak going into the bowl game. One big win for them was over Notre Dame at ND. I've been to Tulsa before, and lets just say its just a step below Fresno in places to visit. Hope the Golden Hurricane get nice and Golden on our beaches and enjoy their tropical vacation a little too much.
Anyways, for the rest of the teams, USC's rivalry game against got a little ugly, with 2 fans getting stabbed before the game. USC wins but gets no bowl as they're on probation.
Army had a bye before their big game against Navy next week. They get June Jones' SMU in the Armed Forces Bowl game.
La Tech goes down to Nevada, their season is over.
Fresno takes out Illinois on Friday. Awaiting their bowl announcement.
USU doesn't put up much fight going down to Boise. The Broncs didn't have a let down. We'll see what bowl they get to go to.
Idaho takes out lowly SJSU but their record won't get them to a bowl game this year.

ALSO ADDED THESE MONTHLY UH SPORTS CALENDARS TO PRINT OUT SINCE WE DON'T GET NICE PRETTY SCHEDULE POSTERS ANY MORE. (Tried to cut down on the color so you don't waste ink).

Last edited by chawan_cut on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:24 am, edited 33 times in total.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

bentofan
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: 2010-Hawaii Football schedule of opponent's schedules

Post by bentofan »

San jose State opens at Alabama and at Wisconisn :lol:
Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies
The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams...Rush-"Jacob's Ladder"

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

and they play at Utah too.
other games of note, Colorado has to play their rival in state game the first game of the season then play at Cal. hope those 2 games take a toll on them before we get there.
La Tech also has a brutal opening schedule @A&M, against Navy (hope they over practice for this one) and also Southern Miss.
Nevada can pretend they're in the MWC by playing BYU and UNLV as well as Cal.
USU gets the chance to be Oklahoma's opening game fodder.
Idaho too can see how big time they got with a trip to the Huskers
Boise will go down to Va Tech to open the season and then maybe wyokie's cowpokes can hit em when they're down before the Beavers take another bite out of their dream season.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

At least this year the schedule is a little fairer than last year. Last year the team was on the road for 3 straight games and didn't play a home game for a month. Also, last year it seemed that more than half of the WAC opponents had byes before playing us. This year only Utah St. has a bye and Boise has a week and a half off before playing us.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

I xsee two errors, Chawan.

1) you forgot to put the nickname in for Fresno State. [-X

2) It's Nevada Wolf Pack, not Wolfpack. North Carolina State is the Wolfpack.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

wyokie wrote:I xsee two errors, Chawan.

I knew I could count on you to find mistakes. I'll correct em later after the first week. It'll just have to irk you a few more weeks. :oops: :oops:
Thanks! :hello1: :hello1:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote:
wyokie wrote:I xsee two errors, Chawan.

I knew I could count on you to find mistakes. I'll correct em later after the first week. It'll just have to irk you a few more weeks. :oops: :oops:
Thanks! :hello1: :hello1:
Just as long as you correct them. I don't care how long though.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Chawan,

Just noticed that UNLV's nickname should just be the Rebels. The Runnin' Rebels is reserved for their basketball program.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Well done, Chawan! :thumbup: Don't worry about the board critic, lol.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

uhwarriors wrote:At least this year the schedule is a little fairer than last year. Last year the team was on the road for 3 straight games and didn't play a home game for a month. Also, last year it seemed that more than half of the WAC opponents had byes before playing us. This year only Utah St. has a bye and Boise has a week and a half off before playing us.
and we only have one bye. after boise. kinda sucks.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

chawan_cut wrote: and we only have one bye. after boise. kinda sucks.
:o Yepper, this will be one of the most difficult seasons, and the physical play of our team will tell the tale of how well the "off season training" came into play....... :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

since we don't have posters any more, and the UH PC desktop wallpaper hasn't come out, I've added my UH fall sports calendars for Sept - Dec for the major sports. 8.5" x 11" sized so you can print out and post to keep track of your weekly UH sports games.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

updated with the first week of football's results.

dang. we were so close. 588 total yards!!! yet our d wasn't able to hold them when we needed and they had the help of some of the WAC refs and that improbable sky punt return for TD. but its promising. i don't think we'll face the quality of athletes or both skilled o-line and d-lines again until maybe boise.
but we can improve. and this was the first game of the season. army up next, with a totally different offense with the option, but our guys will step up.

here's a short recap of our opponents:
army gets at div-1aa eastern michigan. we'll be there first home game. also their 9/11 game with a lot of emotion.
colorado beats their in state rival colorado state in a romp. we'll see how they do against a good pac-10 team in Cal before we head there.
Charleston southern gets by North Greenville putting up 41 points.
La Tech and their new coaching staff also beats up on another div-1aa in Grambling state.
Fresno overcomes a slow first half to double up on Cincinnati and their new staff.
Nevada also smashes a div-1aa team in E. Washington. what's with everyone playing div-1aa teams???
USU barely loses to Oklahoma as Borel goes wild.
Same with Idaho and another Div-1aa, blanking North Dakota.
Boise pulls out another win out of their blue smurf &#* against #10 Va Tech. we'll get them in november and ruin their dream season.
San Jose is this year's whipping post, getting creamed by Alabama. Up next, Wisconsin.
NMSU wastes a bye during the first week of the season
and UNLV gets smashed by Wisconsin

other notable games. SMU goes down to Texas Tech, 35-27, Ole Miss gets upset by Jacksonville State in a thriller. Oregon romps New Mexico 72-0 (watch out Trojans, if your D doesn't improve, it'll be a looong regular season). Oregon State loses to another non-BCS school in TCU. (But I'll be cheering for them Beavs when they play the Broncs in 2 weeks)

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

whew.... had to pull that one out. but a W is a W is a W.
our offense looked unstoppable when we gave moniz the time.
that triple option did what it had to do. eat the clock and keep our offense off the field. their best defense.
untimely fumbles let army back in it.
glad the refs actually got the replay of the fumble correct.

anyways, here's my quick take on the results of this past week.

usc looks only so-so against Virginia. both on O and on D. was it us? or was in VA that made the difference?
Colorado gets a whuppin by their future league opponent, Cal. from what i read, Cal was just too fast. we'll see how our O & D line up against those big boys from Boulder this week.
Charleston southern loses one at home to Wofford.
La Tech gets beat up this week by A&M.
Fresno takes a week off but start their WAC conference schedule early next week vs USU and Borel, who's having a banner year so far.
Nevada killed Colorado St., which was Colorado's first win of the season last week. Maybe CSU was that bad and CU wasn't that much better?
USU takes out Idaho St. Borel went off again. Hope he gets beat up and tired by the time we play them.
Idaho gets a wake up call vs the Big Red Huskies from Nebraska
Boise gets a week off, and Va Tech should've too, as they went down to James Madison U. The Bronc's credibility just took a big whack.
San Jose gets a paycheck but thats about else, taking it again from the other Big Red, in Wiscy.
NMSU plays their first game of the year, but probably wished they had another week to prepare in going down to the MWC's lowly SDSU.
And UNLV gets killed by Utah for the last time.

CU up this week. Beat them Buffs!!!

delirious808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by delirious808 »

New to the forum and was wondering if there is a way to keep up with the action via twitter aside from the the UH Athletics tweets. No offense but they don't seem to do football very well.

Oh and awesome work Chawan...keep up the good work.

Enjoy your trip to the Colorado game...hope you don't bring any bad luck with you... :D

See you at the airport possibly tonight...