THE OFFICIAL SH THREAD of ALL Possible Conference Expansions

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
rodfather
All-American
All-American

Re: THE UNOFFICIAL THREAD of ALL Possible Conference Expansi

Post by rodfather »

Well, the Colorado regents meeting is over...they had no invite.

But the interesting thing is that the issue of the meeting was about the legality of leaving the Big XII...interesting.

All I know is that if Stanford approves of Baylor...to me it is truly a sign of the Apocalypse!
"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat." --- Jigoro Kano, The Founder of Judo

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

rodfather wrote:Well, the Colorado regents meeting is over...they had no invite.

But the interesting thing is that the issue of the meeting was about the legality of leaving the Big XII...interesting.

All I know is that if Stanford approves of Baylor...to me it is truly a sign of the Apocalypse!
ROFLMAO :lol:

Post of the Century!

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Nebraska leaning towards Big Ten move

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Jodatoa
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Jodatoa »

rodfather wrote:Well, the Colorado regents meeting is over...they had no invite.

If I had to choose, I'd rather have Colorado in the PAC 10 then Baylor. If the Pac 10 was to get Texas, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M, isn't that enough Texas teams? lol. Baylor should just to the MWC with the other leftover teams in the Big 12 which would probably be Kansas, Kansas State, and Iowa State. As Nebraska and Missouri will probably bolt to the Big 10. We shall see soon what will happen. The landscape of College Football looks to be undertaking a massive change.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_15256185

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Post by tico brown »

Interesting read on some aspects of Rutgers being courted for the Big 10. The sad part of the Bloomberg article and some comments on the Rutgers board is that while the Texas and Kansas politicians will fight tooth and nail so that their schools wont be left out of this EXPANSION EXTRAVAGANZA, there's politicians in New Jersey that will try their best to keep Rutgers out of the B10 or ACCOUNT under the guise that its too expensive for the state to cover. This is even with the obvious that the school would be making so much more the money than they ever would in the BE... Of course if those same politicans can get something out of the deal, well...

ONLY IN NEW JERSEY!!!

http://palm.rivals.com/message2.asp?SID ... 1&Team=166

Jodatoa
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Jodatoa »

If Boise St. were to leave the WAC, the WAC is likely to prepare for the possibility of adding a handful of candidates from the FCS (I-AA) conference. The history of college football in the west has shown that teams from the Big Sky can be successful at the next level and they can be successful in the WAC; as Boise State and Nevada and Idaho and Utah State and New Mexico State have shown.

Some of these potential candidates that the WAC may pursue to add to their conference include: Montana, Appalachian State, Sacramento State, Portland State, and North Dakota State. However, WAC commissioner Karl Benson won't react until he knows what the landscape will look like, thus they will most likely play the waiting game.

In the end, if Boise St. bolts for the MWC, then someone has to take that mantle as the team to beat in the WAC. *Wonders who that team will be.*

http://www.ktvq.com/news/wac-disusses-p ... y-schools/
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... id=4316688

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Jodatoa wrote:If Boise St. were to leave the WAC, the WAC is likely to prepare for the possibility of adding a handful of candidates from the FCS (I-AA) conference. The history of college football in the west has shown that teams from the Big Sky can be successful at the next level and they can be successful in the WAC; as Boise State and Nevada and Idaho and Utah State and New Mexico State have shown.

Some of these potential candidates that the WAC may pursue to add to their conference include: Montana, Appalachian State, Sacramento State, Portland State, and North Dakota State. However, WAC commissioner Karl Benson won't react until he knows what the landscape will look like, thus they will most likely play the waiting game.

In the end, if Boise St. bolts for the MWC, then someone has to take that mantle as the team to beat in the WAC. *Wonders who that team will be.*

http://www.ktvq.com/news/wac-disusses-p ... y-schools/
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... id=4316688
About time someone else realizes this. And its not like this hasn't happened before in the WAC's history. Just how does anyone think Boise got into the conference in the first place? :lol: Schools like Montana and Portland State have the same kind of potential Boise state had when they came in, if not more. The WAC will be fine regardless.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Jodatoa wrote:If Boise St. were to leave the WAC, the WAC is likely to prepare for the possibility of adding a handful of candidates from the FCS (I-AA) conference. The history of college football in the west has shown that teams from the Big Sky can be successful at the next level and they can be successful in the WAC; as Boise State and Nevada and Idaho and Utah State and New Mexico State have shown.
Um....USU and NMSU were never in the Big Sky Conference at any time. They were in the Big West Conference from the late 70s-early 80s to 2000.

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by tico brown »

According to this twitter post, Air Force and BYU are the two MWC targets for the B12 if they only lose 2 team. Of course its over for them if the Texas group go West...

"RT @Andy_Staples: RT @ChipBrownOB: Orangebloods.com: BYU and Air Force have been identified as possible to join B12 if the league loses 2 and can be salvaged."

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by tico brown »

LOOK LIKE THE FIRST DOMINO HAS FALLEN:

"RT @slmandel: RT @ChipBrownOB: Orangebloods.com: Nebraska regents have informally agreed to leave for the Big Ten. A formal announcement will come Friday."

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Still no invite from the Big 10 yet. Its supposed to come this weekend, but the same was said about Boise-MWC this past Sunday night. I guess we'll see, it seems likely.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: THE OFFICIAL SH THREAD of ALL Possible Conference Expans

Post by WA Warrior »

Personally I like Nebraska being with the Big 10 or whatever they will now be called, it seems like a natural fit.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by tico brown »

Now that it looks like Nebraska is leaving, here comes the Texas Crew to the PAC 10:

"RT @slmandel: RT @ChiTribHamilton: The Pac-10 makes its move. #Texas, five others from Big 12 to get invites, per @DufresneLATimes." http://bit.ly/bJXgav

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Any mention on Baylor going to the PAC-10?

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Sounds like the Pac-10 will add those 6 teams. None of these teams are allowed to join the conference before 2011 though. 2012 will be the year it all comes together.