** Official 2/3/10 - Signing Day Thread**

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Recruiting 2010 - Quick Reference Guide

Post by BigWave96744 »

SportsBow, TheDuke, Wayor, Tombo-Ahi etc and other Folks Closely Following Recruiting, could you please post the scholie break down, so far, for 2010...

No need pictures as we already have SportsBow's detailed thread..
But I was wondering on the GreyShirts, and those who already commited and kind of think we are close to the scholie limit.

Also list those offered and we still are waiting on.

Mahalo

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Re: Recruiting 2010 - Quick Reference Guide

Post by letsgobows »

last year greyshirts:

1. jon lister
2. marcus malepeai
3. jordan loeffler
4. joey iosefa
5. veni manu (hes at UH WO and not sure if hes going to enroll at UH in january).

verbals:

6. london sapolu - mid year
7. siaki cravens
8. kevin spain
9. david lefotu
10. frank loyd
11. viliami fonokalafi
12. charlie tuaau
13. calen friel
14. samson anguay
15. corey lau
16. sean shigematsu
17. david katina
18. tj taimatuia
19. dominick sierra
20. bubba luna
21. ipulasi eselu
22. zach quines
23. john cooper pelluer
24. dee maggitt
25. marcus umu - conditional offer

others:

26. luke ingram
27. bryant moniz
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

letsgobows wrote:last year greyshirts:

1. jon lister
2. marcus malepeai
3. jordan loeffler
4. joey iosefa
5. veni manu (hes at UH WO and not sure if hes going to enroll at UH in january).

verbals:

6. london sapolu - mid year
7. siaki cravens
8. kevin spain
9. david lefotu
10. frank loyd
11. viliami fonokalafi
12. charlie tuaau
13. calen friel
14. samson anguay
15. corey lau
16. sean shigematsu
17. david katina
18. tj taimatuia
19. dominick sierra
20. bubba luna
21. ipulasi eselu
22. zach quines
23. john cooper pelluer
24. dee maggitt
25. marcus umu - conditional offer

others:

26. luke ingram
27. bryant moniz
Since John Estes, Ray Hisatake, Rahpael Ieru, Daniel Johnson, Aaron Kia, Chris Leatigaga, Tuika Tufaga, and Leon Wright-Jackson graduated last week, will those scholarships go to the 5 greyshirts (Lister, Malepeai, Loeffler, Iosefa, and Manu) enrolling in January, and to walk-on Luke Ingram and Bryant Moniz? Now, I know we’ve gone over this before, but in counting scholarships would this 7 count as initial scholarships for 2009?

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

seasider wrote:
Since John Estes, Ray Hisatake, Rahpael Ieru, Daniel Johnson, Aaron Kia, Chris Leatigaga, Tuika Tufaga, and Leon Wright-Jackson graduated last week, will those scholarships go to the 5 greyshirts (Lister, Malepeai, Loeffler, Iosefa, and Manu) enrolling in January, and to walk-on Luke Ingram and Bryant Moniz? Now, I know we’ve gone over this before, but in counting scholarships would this 7 count as initial scholarships for 2009?

i think it depends on how many initial scholies (25) we gave out for 2009. i would guess if we gave out the max initial in 2009, then these guys will still need to count toward the 2010 initials regardless of the 85 total.

we have about 58 of the 85 scholarships remaining (after the seniors are gone). a few will go to walkons like moniz. so we should have about 20-25 scholarships to give out this year.

btw, letsgobows's list does not include the transfers:

1. kaniela tuipolotu
2. gary nagy
3. isaiah lavea
4. kapono rawlins-crivello
6. ana tuiasosopo
7. joshua manupuna

who knows how many of these transfers will receive scholarships?

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

Waryor wrote:
seasider wrote:

i think it depends on how many initial scholies (25) we gave out for 2009. i would guess if we gave out the max initial in 2009, then these guys will still need to count toward the 2010 initials regardless of the 85 total.

we have about 58 of the 85 scholarships remaining (after the seniors are gone). a few will go to walkons like moniz. so we should have about 20-25 scholarships to give out this year.

1. kaniela tuipolotu
2. gary nagy
3. isaiah lavea
6. ana tuiasosopo
7. joshua manupuna

Mahalo....Tuipolotu was placed on scholarship last semester, and I think Tuiasosopo is also on scholarship. The rest are walk-ons.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

No forget these players.

good possibility of receiving a medical hardship:
Rocky Savaiigaea
Brashton Satele
Laupepa Letuli
(marcus umu have conditional offer and will be given a scholarship if one of those three don't get a medical hardship year.)

This will be difficult to determine how many scholarships will be available until we know who's going to qualify and who's going to grayshirt in the 2010 class.

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

You should also add Blaze to the list as signing with an agent ends his eligibility.

So that makes 9 scholarships theoretically available come January.

Also Landon Sapolu is supposed to be a mid year transfer so once you finish the greyshirts, Ingram, Moniz & Sapolu you have one mid-year scholarship available.

Also if Wadsworth & Tonga do their missions next year does that mean we'd have two extra scholarships to offer?

blahblah
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by blahblah »

Sportsbow wrote:No forget these players.

good possibility of receiving a medical hardship:
Rocky Savaiigaea
Brashton Satele
Laupepa Letuli
(marcus umu have conditional offer and will be given a scholarship if one of those three don't get a medical hardship year.)

This will be difficult to determine how many scholarships will be available until we know who's going to qualify and who's going to grayshirt in the 2010 class.
From what I've been told, Brashton got his hardship already!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I wonder if guys like Clapp & LaCount will be on scholie this spring...
BTW, great list guys....
Looks like not too many scholies left for last minute STUDS (HS or JC)...

Keep up the great work... Dead Period of Recruit ends in about a week.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

i didnt include kaniela tuipulotu bc his scholarship counted towards last season.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

i was curious on how many offers we have on the table and there is actually a lot left.......according to sportsbows list.......but i checked out Doris PIAA site and a few from the SB list and her list are different......Kaiwi Crabb committed to Colorodo according to her, the two Kapolei boys that were talked about on the boards by a poster Blue something, aren't even offered according to her list.........i didn't go through everyone i just wanted to see a few names i remembered but did we pull back offers, or did they say they weren't interested? are we holding a few scholarships open for a few players, VJ, Ioane, and others?? the list above almost looks full, but i hope we get a few more of our local stars, that would cap off a pretty solid looking group

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

nostra_808 wrote:i was curious on how many offers we have on the table and there is actually a lot left.......according to sportsbows list.......but i checked out Doris PIAA site and a few from the SB list and her list are different......Kaiwi Crabb committed to Colorodo according to her, the two Kapolei boys that were talked about on the boards by a poster Blue something, aren't even offered according to her list.........i didn't go through everyone i just wanted to see a few names i remembered but did we pull back offers, or did they say they weren't interested? are we holding a few scholarships open for a few players, VJ, Ioane, and others?? the list above almost looks full, but i hope we get a few more of our local stars, that would cap off a pretty solid looking group
SportsBow's list show quite a few (aournd 10) Studs left that have been offered by Hawaii....
What happens if they want to come????

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

BigWave96744 wrote:
nostra_808 wrote:i was curious on how many offers we have on the table and there is actually a lot left.......according to sportsbows list.......but i checked out Doris PIAA site and a few from the SB list and her list are different......Kaiwi Crabb committed to Colorodo according to her, the two Kapolei boys that were talked about on the boards by a poster Blue something, aren't even offered according to her list.........i didn't go through everyone i just wanted to see a few names i remembered but did we pull back offers, or did they say they weren't interested? are we holding a few scholarships open for a few players, VJ, Ioane, and others?? the list above almost looks full, but i hope we get a few more of our local stars, that would cap off a pretty solid looking group
SportsBow's list show quite a few (aournd 10) Studs left that have been offered by Hawaii....
If I had to guess on who UH is holding scholarships for, they are V.J. Fehoko, Lawrence Lagafuaina, Dustin Elisara, Ofa Fifita, and Jeremy Ioane or Kenneth Acker.
It's a guess.

The rest of the offers will more than likely be dropped since most of them seems to want to play elsewhere.
Last edited by Sportsbow on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

BigWave96744 wrote: SportsBow's list show quite a few (aournd 10) Studs left that have been offered by Hawaii....
same like last year, i guess.

a few will decommit.

a few will be asked to greyshirt.

a few will be academic casualties.

so guarans we're gonna over-offer again like last year. that seems to be mack's m.o.

MakakiloWarrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MakakiloWarrior »

seasider wrote:
Waryor wrote:
seasider wrote:

1. kaniela tuipolotu
2. gary nagy
3. isaiah lavea
6. ana tuiasosopo
7. joshua manupuna

Mahalo....Tuipolotu was placed on scholarship last semester, and I think Tuiasosopo is also on scholarship. The rest are walk-ons.
the tuiasosopo on scholarship is the brother, this one is on his LDS mission right now. another transfer coming in will be Ryan Eastman from Weber State once the paperwork is completed, but he will have to redshirt.