*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Fired TT Coach Leach to Manoa?

Post by bigislandkurt »

***Disclaimer***
It would probably snow in Waianae before something like this would happen.

****Disclaimer***

But for discussions sake, what the hell.
We know that Uncle Ron has been relieved of his playcalling duties. The writing is on the wall -- he won't be the OC for much longer (insert Rolo comment here).

What if Leach was in Manoa? Some folks say he would not "fit." Let me ask you people this -- Did Jerry Glanville have that "fit"? Or how about any other haole coach who have come from the mainland? What is that "fit" anyway? Mack fit in because of his Unlce-like personna? I say this -- If Leach was Coach at Manoa......or OC.....and won a bunch of games as well as kept Aloha stadium packed .......and exploded for insane amounts of yardage per game -- all that talk about "fit" would go right out the window. Leach seemed to have done good with his players and was able to recruit a few prized poly's to TT.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Fired TT Coach Leach to Manoa?

Post by J-Rod »

Its a wild thought. Only Mack could make that happen. I'm just fine with Rolo as our OC. My guess is Leach ends up in the NFL as a QB coach or gets another college head coaching job. Like I said, only way he ends up in Manoa is if Mack reaches out to him.

Which could happen......you never know.

goodfaith
Starter
Starter

Post by goodfaith »

Was Leach the headcoach when Mack was the DC at TTech?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

goodfaith wrote:Was Leach the headcoach when Mack was the DC at TTech?
Yes.

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NFL: Raiders

Post by gambit_808 »

if it did snow on waianae...could you snowboard on lahilahi? :D

so i would assume we can the rns then? or would leach learn it? i think its a hybrid offense like rns he runs?

i dont think it makes sense to can the purist rns just yet. i was just think how ahead of its time the offense is. we really used the whole year to get the new players used to it. only problem is that you only have a qb for 4 years who only gets it in his 3rd. if only there was a more advanced learning process...

i do like leach a lot though. a lot. i wonder how all of this would work. if ron or rolo isnt the playcaller, then id want leach. but im not sure if he runs the rns or a hybrid.

you have to remember, leach is the guy who formed a friendship with donald trump..just by walking into his towers and asking to meet with him. the guy is an out of the box guy.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Shoots den......if he cool with Trump, then it's on! We might see the Donald Stadium in the future!

I like Leach too. I knew that sooner or later, his out of the box style would get tossed out of Texas. Did you all get to see that piece that 60 minutes did on Leach? Pretty interesting personality. But aside from it all, he was still "just a coach" in the football holy land of Texas. Texas don't play when it comes to football. Even if you are winning.......and barely one season removed from beating in-state rival Texas, Leach gets canned. That is Texas for you. Don't mess with Texas.

I too see an NFL job in Leach's future.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

unkosolz
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by unkosolz »

I was thinking that when I was reading up on his situation. I looks like Tech wants him out.

Could he coach here? I would be thrilled to have him, but that's a long shot. It would be a huge pay cut for Leach to coach here. He's supposed to get a $800,000 bonus sometime soon. But if Mack could somehow get him here, that would be crazy. I already know soon Ron Ron will be stripped of more than just his play calling duties. Leach would be head and shoulders better than any offensive coach we currently have.

Right now I'm seeing rain in Wai`anae. Who knows, it might turn into snow.
E Pa`a Ka Mana`o I Ka Pono I `Oi A`e

unkosolz
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by unkosolz »

E Pa`a Ka Mana`o I Ka Pono I `Oi A`e

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Someone posted this video spoof on the Warrior Beat.

Check out the 3:01 to 3:09 segment! LOL!

Link

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Sportsbow wrote:Someone posted this video spoof on the Warrior Beat.

Check out the 3:01 to 3:09 segment! LOL!

Link
:lol:

jbow808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jbow808 »

Stranger thing have happened...
I honestly think if Coach Mack reached out to Leech, he would come; however how long do you think he'd stay?
What we need is stability, messing with the "O" every year leads to more problems as players have to learn new terminology, plays, blocking schemes, audibles, etc. What's needed is someone with a RnS background and D-1 coaching experience.
Sorry Coach Ron, but winning the Prep Bowl 30 years ago doesn't cut it, Rolo needs a few more years before he's ready to take the reigns. If he's (R.L.) only coaching the wide receivers and very little else, then maybe it's time to let him go and bring in someone else as the OC.
As for Leech, he's a offensive genius but knowing that he's a hired gun until the next opportunity comes along I'd be weary of bringing him into the fold. But who knows it could be a blessing in disguise; because things always happen for a reason.
On a side note- I don't understand why ESPN allows Craig James to comment on the story, as a reporter he should have some objectivity (in this case he should just shut his mouth) since he just cost a man his career.
" Football is the best game in the world, it's the only sport where you get to hit people and not get into trouble." ~ My son's Peewee Coach.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

No money.. no honey..

Say what you will but coaches like the Lees and Miano maintain stability with the players while all the other coaches play their game of musical chairs biding their time until the next "better" opportunity.

I believe that they have stayed the course in Hawaii because Hawaii is their "home" and not because of the lack of offers or opportunities.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Secluding a player in a dark closet to humiliate him?

No. UH doesn't need that negative publicity.

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

I don't think it would make sense. The offense looks the same but I don't think it's run the same way. But that's based on what Coach Jones said awhile back. The offensive line might have to go through some adjustments too since the line splits at TT were huge. Personally, I'd rather have Ron Lee. I don't see someone like Leach staying more than a year or two. The offense would get worse as they adjust to something new, then Leach leaves and the offense goes through another transition. In the meantime UH gets stuck with Leach's negative reputation not as a coach, but as a human being (Regardless of whether or not all the allegations are true, his reputation is already set in most peoples minds, especially those at ESPN which happens to back the Hawaii Bowl).

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Leach has a whole lot of baggage. Texas Tech was just looking for a reason to get rid of Leach. The Adam James incident was only the tipping point. If it were the only issue, Leach would still be there.