Justin Clapp, WR

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/roster.a ... h=football&

(Roster still has Destin Stewart)

warbow
High-quality H20 provider

Re: new walkons added

Post by warbow »

Michael Maracle DE 6-3 200 La Jolla, Calif./La Jolla High School Three-year letterwinner and two-year starter at La Jolla High...played defensive end, linebacker and tight end...helped team to 6-5 record in 2005...earned first-team all-conference honors as a senior...also named to all-section team.

The Clapp guy sounds familiar. Hope it's not Stewards replacement.

goodfaith
Starter
Starter

Post by goodfaith »

I think Maracle went to Colorado State out of high school.

Bell and Clapp are on Sportsbow's 2009 recruiting thread. I would guess Clapp is a good athlete and receiver/db who played in a running system at DeLaSalle HS. Don't think he's a Stewart replacement. Wonder if Stewart's last minute change opens a schollie for someone like Sione, or opens a slot for a greyshirt.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Too bad about Stewart.. but I think we are pretty deep where he would fit in and have the players we need till we find a suitable replacement. And I'm sure Mac will.

I think our best receivers were always players that felt they had something to prove. Walk ons and second chancers.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Kundogg
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Kundogg »

Michael Martin of Saint Louis School was suppose to walk on too, but the school never accepted him. I don't get that you have the coaches fighting for a player to be able to come and walk on and the university doesn't appeal the decision when they have for other individuals.

somethings wrong with that picture...

allshownogo
Starter
Starter
NBA: Pistons, Nuggets
NFL: Broncos, Lions

Post by allshownogo »

What exactly are the "standards" that the players like stewart aren't meeting??? If its academic then you can't really be overturning rejections.
"We just need 11 guys to run like a mother to football and hit somebody"

goodfaith
Starter
Starter

Post by goodfaith »

roster updated again 8/6/09. some new (old) names: LaCount, Napeahi, Clint/Cory Daniel, Tim Brown, Maracle is 6'4" 245, Clapp is 6'2" 180, Darius Ward (Texas Tech). Missing David Hafoka, Alema Tachibana, Steve Christian...

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

goodfaith wrote:roster updated again 8/6/09. some new (old) names: LaCount, Napeahi, Clint/Cory Daniel, Tim Brown, Maracle is 6'4" 245, Clapp is 6'2" 180, Darius Ward (Texas Tech). Missing David Hafoka, Alema Tachibana, Steve Christian...
earvin sione and waylon lolotai got taken off as well.

i think a lot of these guys will be invited back once school is in session. sione, lolotai and tachibana are probably redshirting so not being in camp isnt too important. hafoka and christian probably just got stuck in a #s game. good to see Napeahi on the roster.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

What happened to Beaver?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

tatsumi82

Post by tatsumi82 »

who is Darious Ward?

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

I find it kinda strange that a DL like maracle made the roster, but Hafoka didn't. I'm sure there's more to the story that "a numbers game."

Good to see Joe Napeahi on the roster.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

madeinhawaii wrote:Too bad about Stewart.. but I think we are pretty deep where he would fit in and have the players we need till we find a suitable replacement. And I'm sure Mac will.

I think our best receivers were always players that felt they had something to prove. Walk ons and second chancers.
receivers AND defensive backs, actually. there are a ton of awesome DBs that started off as walk-ons, from nate jackson all the way down to rich miano.

kaypryd

Post by kaypryd »

I heard they were to bring back Ikaika Mahoe either now or at the beginning of school.

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

bigislandkurt wrote:I find it kinda strange that a DL like maracle made the roster, but Hafoka didn't. I'm sure there's more to the story that "a numbers game."

BIK
i find it odd that Hafoka isn't on the roster. also tachibana not on the roster either? wierd

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

tangomike wrote:
bigislandkurt wrote:I find it kinda strange that a DL like maracle made the roster, but Hafoka didn't. I'm sure there's more to the story that "a numbers game."

BIK
i find it odd that Hafoka isn't on the roster. also tachibana not on the roster either? wierd
Only can carry 105 athletes for the fall training camp, so Hafoka, Tachibana, etc., the coaching staff already know what they can do, definitely these guys (on scholarship) will be on the roster when school starts.

I can only assume the walkons are on the fall training camp roster for evaluation.