Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
allshownogo
Starter
Starter
NBA: Pistons, Nuggets
NFL: Broncos, Lions

Re: I guess Destin Stewart won't become a Warrior

Post by allshownogo »

I dunno but sounds like Destin held up his end. He honored his commitment to UH and from a business stand pint UH dropped the ball. At least he was able to land a scholie this late. It's a done deal, just gotta play the hand we got
"We just need 11 guys to run like a mother to football and hit somebody"

dcwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dcwarrior »

It's interesting. Tulsa is a tiny tier 1 university ( ranked #83 per US New & World Report) and accepts applications on a rolling basis at a rate of 51%. UH is a Tier 3 university and accepts applications at a rate of 68%. There should be absolutely NO reason someone should get into Tulsa, or any PAC-10 school and not into UH.
allshownogo wrote:I dunno but sounds like Destin held up his end. He honored his commitment to UH and from a business stand pint UH dropped the ball. At least he was able to land a scholie this late. It's a done deal, just gotta play the hand we got
Substance matters.

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

dcwarrior wrote:It's interesting. Tulsa is a tiny tier 1 university ( ranked #83 per US New & World Report) and accepts applications on a rolling basis at a rate of 51%. UH is a Tier 3 university and accepts applications at a rate of 68%. There should be absolutely NO reason someone should get into Tulsa, or any PAC-10 school and not into UH.

Are you aware that only one school in the nation uses the Essay section for admitting students? Harvard? nope. Stanford? Nope, the West Point/Naval/Air Force Academies? Nope MIT??? Nope. UH - yup. Every other school in the country uses the essay section strictly for placement purposes because they say the grading for that section is very subjective, its not a standardized test with multiple choice. So when a local boy I know received at 600+ on his Math a 500+ on his critical reading and a 460 on his essay, he was initially turned down when applying. After appealing he was admitted. Im sad to say that so many kids in Hawaii and around the nation may not have the writing skills to earn a 500 on this section. So why does UH use it to be admitted when no other does? who knows. I dont think it makes UH a better school, I think it does eliminate a lot of deserving local kids from being admitted though.

This post is not specific to Destin - I dont know his specifics, this is just in response to the statement above.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Wow! Thanks for the info Doris.
I'd like to write someone at UH to voice my concern for what you shared.
If anyone knows to whom I could write such a letter - that would be great.
And, Doris, if you have further information (though what you provided was enough) - I'd include it in my letter.

go WARRIORS
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

warriordave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warriordave »

Doris,

Mahalo for the information! Someone needed to say something like you did with street credibility. Hope it opens some eyes at UH.

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

Yes, many thanks Doris! All I can say is "unbelievable" and that this needs to be changed ASAP. What can all we Warrior fans do to make this happen?
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

DA BRO FROM MAKAKILO
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by DA BRO FROM MAKAKILO »

Bra!!!...i was soo stoked to see this boy play!!...BIG FRACK!!

AllsportfanHI
Starter
Starter

Post by AllsportfanHI »

Did UH not automatically file an appeal? Did Tuioti drop the ball?

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Dammit! This is one guy i was looking forward to in seeing him in a Warrior uniform & had high hopes for. :x Welp good luck @ Tulsa Destin!
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

The way I see it you don't make the grade you can't make the team. There are guidelines for a reason.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”