ImageImage
Image[Image
- Grayshirt Walkon
- Caught a game high 7 receptions during the spring Warrior Bowl

2008:
- attended a local community college. Did not play football

Prep:
ImageImage
A 2008 graduate of Las Lomas High School in Walnut Creek, Calif...lettered in football, soccer and track...team captain in all three sports...earned three varsity letters in football...helped guide team to two sectional championships...first team all-league selection at wide receiver as a senior...also named third-team all-metro....earned four varsity letters each in soccer and track...led soccer team to a sectional championship and part of a track team that won the league championship in each of his four seasons
Named to the Bay Area DFAL 1st team
Recruited by Portland State

Personal:
Born on on August 19, 1989 in Walnut Creek, Calif. Parents are Joe and Susanne Paclebar of Pleasant Hill, Calif. Has one older sister (Ashley). Majoring in international business.

Fun Facts:
- Last name is pronounced Pack-Luh-Bar
- Prior to High School he never played or even watched football on TV. His first experience playing football came during the summer before entering the 9th grade. He and a soccer buddy had nothing to do, so they went to school to watch some friends try out for the Freshman football team. There wasn’t a big turnout, so the coaches needed bodies, so they asked Corey and his friend to join in.
- Before football his favorite sport was soccer
- Loves to play his ukulele
- Enjoys old school music such as The Temptations, Jackson 5, etc and all Hawaiian music, J Boog, Katchafire.
- Also enjoys longboarding, surfing and playing sports.
- His favorite places to eat are Wing Stop, L&L Hawaiian BBQ and the International Market pineapple smoothies.

See Related Stories:
http://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx? ... h=football
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/ ... gallerytop
http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/spor ... Makai.html
http://www.starbulletin.com/news/breaking/43732387.html
http://hssports.ktvu.com/kickapps/servi ... as=6704&b=
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... =printable
http://www.sfchroniclemarketplace.com/c ... /preps.DTL
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Corey Paclebar

BigWave96744

Re: Day 19 – Corey Paclebar

Post by BigWave96744 »

Who the heck is Corey Paclebar :o
For those at the scrimmage today.... Now you know...
Corey played his heart out, snagging in a game high 7 catches and holding on after taking some crowd Ooowing, Bone Crushing Katooshes.

I think he may need to look into finding somewhere to dorm this summer and not plan on returning to Pleasant Hills anytime soon.
Congrats Corey... Great meeting you after the game... :wink:

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

we got to the game midway in the 2nd Quarter. he took some mean hits and impressed nonetheless. we got a good one in Corey :hello1:

a great showing by him yesterday :thumbup:

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

He did really good at the scrimmage. Good hands. A great find. We will know who this kid is before the end of the season.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

HawaiianHogster wrote:He did really good at the scrimmage. Good hands. A great find. We will know who this kid is before the end of the season.
dont think so, and not bc he doesnt belong. bigwave lists him as playing for PSU last year, which means he has to redshirt this season.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

amg
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by amg »

Correction on Corey's bio....Corey was recruited to Portland State but never enrolled there, thus never played there. He took a couple of classes at our local Community College this past fall, then enrolled at UH this January, hoping to live his dream at playing for UH, and channeling his idol, Chad Owens.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by letsgobows »

amg wrote:Correction on Corey's bio....Corey was recruited to Portland State but never enrolled there, thus never played there. He took a couple of classes at our local Community College this past fall, then enrolled at UH this January, hoping to live his dream at playing for UH, and channeling his idol, Chad Owens.
so hes only a freshman right? did he take less than 12 credits at the CC? that would be a big walkon pickup for us if he is still a freshman and we can redshirt him. the only other young slot we have is miah ostrowski.
GO WARRIORS!

amg
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by amg »

Yes, he only took 8 credits at our local JC, thus he is a Freshman. Thanks for the posts and keeping us updated. By the way, I'm his dad.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by letsgobows »

amg wrote:Yes, he only took 8 credits at our local JC, thus he is a Freshman. Thanks for the posts and keeping us updated.
cool, thanks for the info. good to know he is a true frosh still. nothing against him but i hope he redshirts this year bc like i mentioned earlier, we are upperclass heavy at the wr/slot positions. i saw in an article that he ran a 10.8 100m, thats good speed for a slot. looks like he opened some eyes yesterday, good luck to him.

is he a "invited/recruited" walkon?
GO WARRIORS!

amg
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by amg »

Thanks for the well wishes. Yes, we imagine that he'll be asked to redshirt, especially since he's playing behind Pilares and Blount, two very good Junior's. It's only been a few months, but so far, going to school at UH and going through Spring ball with the Warriors, has been a dream come true for Corey.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

amg wrote:Yes, he only took 8 credits at our local JC, thus he is a Freshman. Thanks for the posts and keeping us updated. By the way, I'm his dad.
AMG,
Thank you for the clarification.
Corey should contact Derek Inouchi, the UH Media Director. The UH Website has him as a Sophomore. Derek can correct this if he's only a freshman. Also PM me your email address. I got some pictures of Corey, for the family. :wink:

BTW, I met him after the scrimmage... I told him he showed some guts today and this was his reply... "I had to just hold on to the ball and take the hit. I'll do what ever it takes to make this team."

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

i read an article about him having a 97 yard kickoff return... yeah, he could be the next coming of chad owens!

just out of curiosity, does corey (and family) have any ties to hawaii?

pumpfake
Starter
Starter

Post by pumpfake »

BigWave96744 wrote:...BTW, I met him after the scrimmage... I told him he showed some guts today and this was his reply... "I had to just hold on to the ball and take the hit. I'll do what ever it takes to make this team."
great attitutude. welcome aboard corey and amg.

apaclebar
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by apaclebar »

Hi I'm Corey's sister and no we have no family ties in Hawaii, but as kids spent many vacations there and we fell in love with it, especially Corey! Thank you everyone for the well wishes, we are so incredibly proud of him and love him so much!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Welcome to the Sports Hawaii Ohana amg and apaclebar! I hope to have many fun and exciting discussions for years to come about your son/brother and the UH WARRIORS!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"