Kiran Kepo'o says Mahalo to all

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kirans dad
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Kiran Kepo'o

Post by kirans dad »

Aloha
I am tired of reading about my son Kiran retiring or losing his scholarship. The answer is NO! He did not retire and he is still on scholarship at UHM. He is a Biology major with a 3 plus gpa and could graduate in the fall of 2009. My sons doesnt want to relive that night of the accident, but I told him we need to inform the public. If you have questions about Kiran Kepo'o call me 808-227-5740 Please dont make them up.
Mahalo
Ken Kepo'o

Also it takes close to 2 years for the surgical procedure to heal his nerves which means July of 2009. He said there was alot of pain from the pressure of the helment last spring 2008. I told him I never noticed, he said cause your not the one with the injury!

Update at 7:17 pm 2/18/09

Mahalo to all of you! My son says "Mahalo for all the support!!!"
Kiran is working hard in the weightroom. He has put together his own weight program from knowledge given to him from his former trainer to build muscles needed for a quarterback, not a lineman and to work smarter not harder. Kiran is getting stronger and faster, that biotch lift more than me now.

Once again we love you all!!
Ken Kepo'o
Kiran may be granted a medical hardship which will entitle him to 4 more years of football. Unfortunately Coach Mac didnt recruit Kiran, so he is a J G.
Last edited by kirans dad on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Kiran Kepo'o

Post by RedZone »

kirans dad wrote:Aloha
I am tired of reading about my son Kiran retiring or losing his scholarship. The answer is NO! He did not retire and he is still on scholarship at UHM. He is a Biology major with a 3 plus gpa and could graduate in the fall of 2009. My sons doesnt want to relive that night of the accident, but I told him we need to inform the public. If you have questions about Kiran Kepo'o call me 808-227-5740 Please dont make them up.
Mahalo
Ken Kepo'o

Also it takes close to 2 years for the surgical procedure to heal his nerves which means July of 2009. He said there was alot of pain from the pressure of the helment last spring 2008. I told him I never noticed, he said cause your not the one with the injury!
Good to see your son is in school and doing well. Give him my best. Take care.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Post by noasark2x2 »

So dad what you are saying is the even through this accident your son has kept his grades up in a tough major!!!! I don't care if you son never takes a snap at UH again ( although I hope he does) I can't wait to introduce my son one day to Dr. Kepo'o
Let's Go Bows

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

didn't even know there were rumors of retirement or losing a scholie, but since that was the case thanks for clearing things up for everyone......how many years of football does kiran have left to play? and with all these qbs being recruited is he planning on switching positions when he gets better or challenge for the starting QB spot? i cheer for all the warriors, but i got a little more cheer for homegrown warriors.......lol.......

Sabut20
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Sabut20 »

Wish the best for Kiran. Things will get better and his future seems bright with or without football.

Good Luck Kiran!

GO BOWS!
GO BOWS!

kaypryd
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by kaypryd »

I would always ask my son about how Kiran was doing. I remember back when he told me about your son's accident. My heart felt for him not only for the manner in which he got hurt, but because I watched him from his days at Iolani playing against my son and I knew that he was a special player (that upset vistory against St. Louis was the best). I am glad to hear that he is recovering from his injuries as well as excelling in school.

A Hui ho and God bless

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

I have always been a vocal supporter of Bradduh Kiran Kepo'o. I'm glad to hear that he is making progress on the degree. But to tell you the truth, I still have hope that one day we will have the lefty Kanaka QB slingin' it for UH. Lefty's are naturally better athletes. The Kanaka bloodline is pure bonus. I hope to see him again one day.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

nostra_808 wrote:didn't even know there were rumors of retirement or losing a scholie
Neither did I. Was it here?

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

I think the rumors started when the 2009 roster was put online and Kiran's name wasn't on it.

But, I do remember seeing some discussions on it though it might have been on some longer thread that got temporarily hijacked.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Kiran's NCAA football clock started ticking last season, hopefully he will get a medical hardship year and be in contention when the healing is done. Best wishes to Kiran. Football is part of life, not all of it. I'm glad to hear he is doing well in Biology.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

kirans dad
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Kiran Kepo'o says Mahalo to all

Post by kirans dad »

Update at 7:17 pm 2/18/09

Mahalo to all of you! My son says "Mahalo for all the support!!!"
Kiran is working hard in the weightroom. He has put together his own weight program from knowledge given to him from his former trainer to build muscles needed for a quarterback, not a lineman and to work smarter not harder. Kiran is getting stronger and faster, that biotch lift more than me now.

Once again we love you all!!
Ken Kepo'o
Kiran may be granted a medical hardship which will entitle him to 4 more years of football. Unfortunately Coach Mac didnt recruit Kiran, so he is a J G.

I will tell you more about Kirans future later!!!

sl1322
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Kiran Kepo'o says Mahalo to all

Post by sl1322 »

glad to hear he's doing well!

finlandia
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by finlandia »

Good luck to your son, Mr. Kepo`o. My cousin had a similar accident and it took a few years for him to be right again. And he wasn't trying to play football in the meantime. Good to hear that he's keeping the grades up; that's the most important thing.

Go Raiders! Not many of us Iolani guys make it to Div I.

kirans dad
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kirans dad »

Aloha,

Here is an update about Kiran from ESPN dated 2/9/09

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiti ... eason=2007

Mahalo,
Ken Kepo'o

dakine4427
Pom pom fluffer