2010 UH FOOTBALL RECRUITING

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2010, 2011, and 2013 UH FOOTBALL RECRUITING

Post by RedZone »

I watched Manley play in one game. He throws a really nice ball with a tight spiral. He could be a hidden gem for UH. I need to see more of him.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Gobows66 wrote:Who else has been seen on the field? Always curious to find out!
Apparently Class of 2010 Punahou junior DE Sani Fuimaono attended La Tech game with fellow (Class of 2009) Pun teammates Kimo Makaula & DL Trevor Iosefa.

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

SouthernWarriorFan wrote:The Warriors NEED to recruit some speed from the mainland. Then they could compete better. I like the local braddah's but they don't seem to go into the game with that Kick @%&! attitude!
Now that's just crazy talk. Nobody has ever questioned the heart of any local boy. What are you on swf? Local boys are known for our kill everybody mentality.

I agree we need some speed and lots of it.. But let's not forget miano's speed clinics. In time our island boys speeds will be up there.

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

Just an update: I've been told that VJ Fehoko now has written offers from UCLA, Notre Dame and Oregon State.

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

PIAA DS wrote:Just an update: I've been told that VJ Fehoko now has written offers from UCLA, Notre Dame and Oregon State.
no Hawaii?

BleedGreen808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by BleedGreen808 »

PIAA DS wrote:Just an update: I've been told that VJ Fehoko now has written offers from UCLA, Notre Dame and Oregon State.
Congrats to VJ Fehoko and his family
"Limits like fears are just an illusion." Michael Jordan

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

sorry, my bad...Oregon, not Oregon State.

These are written offers. Hawaii has offered, but I dont know if its in writing just yet.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

kapakahi wrote:I wonder if UH pursuing Kahuku Class of 2010 DE Kona Schwenke. If UH interested...having already taken a look at Kona from UH's July 2008 Speed and Quickness Big Man's Camp, Tony Tuioti (UH recruiting coordinator) better get on it...since BYU just made a formal scholie offer. http://byu.scout.com/2/794423.html
seems like he is BYU bound. i do remember Max Emfringer offering Kona and VJ invitations to his bowl game as incoming sophomores. that was the first time Max had ever invited incoming sophomores to play in his bowl game. Schwenke has good size.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

BleedGreen808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by BleedGreen808 »

Was just on ESPNU recruiting and just can't get over this guy who is 6'8" DT out of LA. He is considering UH among other school. I just hope that UH coaches and Tony take a look at this guy and offer him soon. He would be the tallest football player to ever play at UH if he decides to commit. Potentially could be a OT for UH.
"Limits like fears are just an illusion." Michael Jordan

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Just got back from the Saint Louis - Punahou game. Warriors should definitely consider offering early scholie to Punahou junior DE Sani Fuimaono (#99). Big, mobile & high motor.

LoneWarrior
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by LoneWarrior »

kapakahi, what do you think about Jeremy Ioane #10 from Punahou as a possible UH recruit. The dude makes plays and seems to have pretty good speed.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by letsgobows »

kapakahi wrote:Just got back from the Saint Louis - Punahou game. Warriors should definitely consider offering early scholie to Punahou junior DE Sani Fuimaono (#99). Big, mobile & high motor.
hopefully we can get #50 trevor iosefa on a invited walk on. he was a lot bigger than i remembered. in fact, the whole punahou defense looked bigger than i thought.
GO WARRIORS!

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by letsgobows »

also, i know we recruited a lot of DE this year,

but how can u not recruit sani fuimaono and moses samia next season? tough decision.
GO WARRIORS!

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

LoneWarrior wrote:kapakahi, what do you think about Jeremy Ioane #10 from Punahou as a possible UH recruit. The dude makes plays and seems to have pretty good speed.
Ioane sure makes alot of plays. Since he's undersized (5-11, 190) for D1 ball, JMHO but Jeremy would probably have to play SS on the D1 level. If UH wasn't recruiting Toma, my guess is that Jeremy would likely be invited walk-on candidate for UH next year.

However, really TOO EARLY to say...'cuz Jeremy could develop alot physically over the next year. Case in point is KHS-Oahu OLB Conrad Scheidt...who grew from 6-0, 190 lbs his junior season to 6-1, 220 lbs this senior season. You just never know!!!
Last edited by kapakahi on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

warrior808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warrior808 »

Ioane sure makes alot of plays. Since he's undersized for D1 ball, JMHO but Jeremy would probably have to play SS on the D1 level. If UH wasn't recruiting Toma, my guess is that Jeremy would likely be invited walk-on candidate for UH next year.
I actually agree on the fact that he would have to play as a safety, but he has the speed to play the position. The kid is very strong for his size. I think i heard that he can max around 275. and that was before the season started. And about being undersized. Nate Jackson was defeintly undersized yet he had a NFL opurtunity. i think Hawaii should offer this kid becasue he is a real playmaker and he actually reminds me of Nate Jackson a little with his style of play. defintly cant let this one slip trough our hands.