Day 92 – Daniel Libre

Post by BigWave96744 »

Daniel Libre
Class: Senior
Position: RB
HT/WT: 5’8’’ / 185 lbs

2008:

2007:
Appeared in four games as a backup running back...finished third on the team in rushing with 23 carries for 190 yards...also hauled in nine receptions for 76 yards...breakout game was against Washington in regular season finale in which he had 10 rushes for 82 yards and six receptions for 61 yards

2006:
Attended Kapiolani Community College

2005:
Redshirted

2004:
Attended Menlo College in the fall semester of 2004...lettered in football...received a Dean's Scholarship.

Prep:
2004 graduate of Konawaena HS. Lettered in Football and Track and Field
- Named 2003 Big Island Interscolastic Federation (BIIF) Div II Offensive Player of the Year at running back
- Named to the Honolulu Advertiser’s Honorable Mention List of in their All State selection

Personal:
Born March 14, 1986, in Washington, D.C...plans to major in nutrition...has two sisters and one brother...parents are Yvonne and Lydell Libre of Holualoa, Hawai`i.

Fun Facts:
- In his Senior Year (2004) he set BIIF Boys Trip Jump record at 39’9.5’’
- Nickname is Nacho

See Related Stories:
http://hawaiiathletics.com/Player/playe ... &aid=13499
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... 10382.html
http://starbulletin.com/2007/06/26/sports/notebook.html

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Daniel Libre

JAHrastafari
Starter
Starter

Re: Day 92 – Daniel Libre

Post by JAHrastafari »

he's just what we need--more workout beasts. if we're going to compete with bcs teams, we need our whole team to have libre's work ethic.
HAWAII WARRIOR NATION t-shirts @ www.mackswarriors.com

kalaika17
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by kalaika17 »

This guy reminds me so much like Gary Allen. Hopefully he can have the same career GA had.
Looking forward to watching this guy run all season.

Bully808
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Da Flyin Hawaiian Phillie
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: NY Jets

Post by Bully808 »

I didnt know he was a senior.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

I think this guy will be the #1 back and get the most reps unless LWJ has improved significantly from last season.
This guy is fearless, a slasher who will put his head down and take on tackles.
He's gonna have a 500 yard rushing, 500 yard receiving year.

JAHrastafari
Starter
Starter

Post by JAHrastafari »

browndog wrote:I think this guy will be the #1 back and get the most reps unless LWJ has improved significantly from last season.
i agree. my gut feeling is that he's better than action jackson as an all-purpose back. i like his running style, reminds me of james fenderson. fast, fearless, and powerful.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

He's an interesting, likeable kid.
From what I saw last year, he's a natural runner--will he be thunder or lightning this year?
I'd really like to see a Hawaii RB be the top scorer once again.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

JAHrastafari wrote:
browndog wrote:I think this guy will be the #1 back and get the most reps unless LWJ has improved significantly from last season.
i agree. my gut feeling is that he's better than action jackson as an all-purpose back. i like his running style, reminds me of james fenderson. fast, fearless, and powerful.
Yo JAHrastafari-
You going make another sign this year? Who going be about since our friend Herman is gone? :lol:

Southbay
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Southbay »

I think he'll rotate with LWJ this year and both of them will have big years in our new offense.

How a guy like Libre ended up at Menlo College after high school with probably no scholarship offers is crazy? If it's possible, there has to be a way to get guys like Libre to walk-on to the program right after highschool with a chance to earn a future scholarship. Even without a scholarship offer, a little more attention and love would go a long way in getting the future Libres into the program. I'm hoping Tuioti can help in this area.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Southbay wrote:I think he'll rotate with LWJ this year and both of them will have big years in our new offense.

How a guy like Libre ended up at Menlo College after high school with probably no scholarship offers is crazy? If it's possible, there has to be a way to get guys like Libre to walk-on to the program right after highschool with a chance to earn a future scholarship. Even without a scholarship offer, a little more attention and love would go a long way in getting the future Libres into the program. I'm hoping Tuioti can help in this area.

He ending up at Menlo is a clear example of how many of the good players from Hawaii's weakest high school football league (BIIF) will often go under the radar. These boys usually end up playing for places that they have a friend attending also. There was a time when a number of Big Island boys were attending a school in Nebraska called Dana College....a small, expensive lutheran NAIA school in NE. How did they end up there? One of the Asst. Coaches lived on the island during the off-season. Some of these families were taking out second mortgages just to afford tution.

I gotta believe things are changing. With Libre and Mana Silva at UH......Te'o Neishem and Kalani Alderich at UW. More BIIF gridders are finding there routes to the bigger schools.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

CoachKen
Insider
Insider

Post by CoachKen »

I like this kid, I mean I really, really like this kid! He is hard to bring down, never stops running and is hard to see! I think the more he plays the better he gets! I feel confident when he is in the game that are running game will be productive.

CoachKen
Character, strength, and honor!

reado

Post by reado »

CoachKen wrote:I like this kid, I mean I really, really like this kid! He is hard to bring down, never stops running and is hard to see! I think the more he plays the better he gets! I feel confident when he is in the game that are running game will be productive.

CoachKen
I don't really, really, really like the kid....I absolutely love Nacho Libre! I still think he was our best back last year in my opinion. I'm really looking forward to seeing him shine this year. Libre hit the holes with explosion last year and as you said, I feel confident when he's in the game.

Oh and he's a workout beast, which hopefully rubs off on his teammates.

Can't wait.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I remember Stephen Tsai telling me that last year he had laser eye surgery and that his grandfather of something owns the big Laser eye clinic.
Now braddah is seeing 20/20 :D

JAHrastafari
Starter
Starter

Post by JAHrastafari »

browndog wrote:
JAHrastafari wrote:
Yo JAHrastafari-
You going make another sign this year? Who going be about since our friend Herman is gone? :lol:
i dunno what i'm gonna make this year. probably something derogatory, tasteless, and offensive to the opposing teams. right now i'm on cloud 9 regarding the uhad, everything seems to be headed in the right direction since herman the twat-licker got kicked out.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

don't know if this is a mistake or not, but i noticed the uh website has libre listed as a WR.

do you think the coaches are trying him out at slot?