Stutzmann offered

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Garret
Starter
Starter

Stutzmann offered

Post by Garret »

According to Bulla Eastman, who is very credible about this. I've wanted UH to give early offers to the top Hawaii high school players...great change in policy by Mack!

http://blogs.honoluluadvertiser.com/war ... ed#c348865
Billy Ray STUTZMANN received an offer from Washington State yesterday.

This afternoon actually 20 minutes ago, UH offered STUTZMANN. He runs a 4.45 40, a 10.89 100 meter, 31" vertical, 6'0 and 160 lbs.

last summer at Oregon State he had a 'private workout' with 2 QB'S and 3 WR, out of 106 throws, he dropped 2.

currently STUTZMANN is listed as the #1 WR in the West Region according to Scout.com

crackers
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Stutzmann offered

Post by crackers »

Southbay
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Southbay »

Great news! Hopefully the 1st of many early offers from Hawaii. Besides Manti and the big kid from Kapolei, I think he's the next best recruit.

Does anyone else notice that he runs a 4.45 40 but a 10.89 100m? I know he's the defending state champ but does that mean he has more quickness than top end speed? If JC transfer Javonte Taylor runs a 10.5 100m, how fast is he in the 40 then?

lol808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lol808 »

40 yard and 100 meter times are two totally different animals. 100 isnt that important in football anyway... plus anything under 11 seconds in the 100 is pretty damn good for HIGHSCHOOL.

jediwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by jediwarrior »

Southbay wrote:Great news! Hopefully the 1st of many early offers from Hawaii. Besides Manti and the big kid from Kapolei, I think he's the next best recruit.

Does anyone else notice that he runs a 4.45 40 but a 10.89 100m? I know he's the defending state champ but does that mean he has more quickness than top end speed? If JC transfer Javonte Taylor runs a 10.5 100m, how fast is he in the 40 then?
I wonder when Coach Mac is going to offer Monti? Like I mentioned on WSN, if Coach Mac wants to keep the best players at home, he's got to offer the best players scholarships.

Concede nothing. Especially when it come to top local talent. No? :D

"Eo Na Toa E,"

bulla
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bulla »

In a recent LA Times article, Coach Carroll of USC was quoted as saying, 'the recruiting climate has changed so much, we can't afford to wait to see these athletes play in their senior year, so we have to offer early'.

Billy Ray is a coach's dream, he is only going to get bigger, faster, and stronger. look for him to do very well in states for track. but the best thing...he is a great kid, good head on his shoulders, and comes from a solid family.

CONGRATS TO BILLY RAY :wav: :wav: :wav: :

Southbay

Post by Southbay »

lol808 wrote:40 yard and 100 meter times are two totally different animals. 100 isnt that important in football anyway... plus anything under 11 seconds in the 100 is pretty damn good for HIGHSCHOOL.
Actually both test top end speed. Speed is speed at those distances. If it was 10 yard dash vs 100m, then I would agree. Either way, I agree under 11 sec is very good. Probably faster than most of the players on our current team. :D

jediwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by jediwarrior »

bulla wrote:In a recent LA Times article, Coach Carroll of USC was quoted as saying, 'the recruiting climate has changed so much, we can't afford to wait to see these athletes play in their senior year, so we have to offer early'.

Billy Ray is a coach's dream, he is only going to get bigger, faster, and stronger. look for him to do very well in states for track. but the best thing...he is a great kid, good head on his shoulders, and comes from a solid family.

CONGRATS TO BILLY RAY :wav: :wav: :wav: :
This definitely makes sense bulla. If a guy like Pete Carroll sees this trend, Coach Mac surely must be on the same mindset.

Come on Coach Mac, offer Monti already...please?

Garret
Starter
Starter

Post by Garret »

JJ is even having a Junior Day at SMU in April and they will probably make a bunch of offers to players who attend. I am hoping that UH brings in the top Juniors in Hawaii for a Junior Day and gets them to bond and want to all come to UH!

jediwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by jediwarrior »

Garret wrote:JJ is even having a Junior Day at SMU in April and they will probably make a bunch of offers to players who attend. I am hoping that UH brings in the top Juniors in Hawaii for a Junior Day and gets them to bond and want to all come to UH!
Excellent idea. I hope it happens too.

bulla
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bulla »

jediwarrior wrote:
Garret wrote:JJ is even having a Junior Day at SMU in April and they will probably make a bunch of offers to players who attend. I am hoping that UH brings in the top Juniors in Hawaii for a Junior Day and gets them to bond and want to all come to UH!
Excellent idea. I hope it happens too.
Junior Days at colleges are happening earlier and earlier. Normally, it would be a summer invitation only event. With the way things are going, UH should get aggressive and see how soon they can get one scheduled. It doesn't hurt to be first in line, and for too many years, some of our better athletes have left for the mainland because UH was 'out recruited' by them. pretty sad if you ask me, but the winds of change are blowing. Let's go Coach Mac!